Speccy/Specs Thread

Comfy spaceheater edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=03l5fWVkvms
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hello fellow amdrone

AMDrones unite!

The only thing I wish I could change is the MOBO.

Hello gentlemen

>MS-7693
>Little bro to the 990FX MS-7893
Is your board retarded like mine where it sets a way higher than vid stock voltage? I think they've both got the same VRM.

>reduce voltage from default 1.392v to 1.368v
>still runs turbo speed on all cores fine.

No brakes on this train

Running a little hot.

get a fire extinguisher my guy

Keeps going and going and going

pls help

Windows 10 Home
i7-6700k
16GB RAM
Gigabyte GA Z170-HD3
GTX 1080
2 TB
Blu Ray drive

Cheeki Lake represent

Rate?

My Asus motherboard died so I went to frys and got this MSI board for pretty cheap, only problem is I need to get some Sata express cables so I can use my 500gb 960 Evo again (this mb disables 2 sata ports when you use a m.2 drive), and I also need more usb ports. I also beed a displayport to hdmi adapter to use my Dell monitor. I also upgraded to 3200mhz ram

NO BRAKES

Just fartarsing about on Windows at the moment, it'll be gone in the coming days.
That kvm_amd NPT bug is a real pain though.

Meh

>old af WD5000AAKX
>30GB Flash Drive
>Bay-Trail
What happened user?
Did the wife get everything?

AMD for Life.
I will upgrade soon.
I want Ryzen 3 for shitpost.

Just finished up a gaming sesh and am planning my day for tomorrow, I was going to go to Mammoth Cave to do some hiking but the trail I wanted to do + travel time would have me home too late to get dinner so I chose a closer park to go to.

comfy

Who else is Mini itx here?

Shitposting machine

intel is done for

Why?

I wouldn't say Intel is done, but AMD is in a very good place right now, Bulldozer is still delivering decent performance for people on a budget, and RYZEN is performing well for the price.

what a far cry to where they were when the FX-8350 was a $160 cpu and the intel performed better, now i's a 100-$120 cpu that outperforms anything intel in the price range.

just finished upgrading CPU, mobo and SSD. I think the CPU runs a little hot, is this normal with threadripper? I have a huge Noctua fan, but maybe I fucked up with the thermal paste.

>$1000 cpu
>drives up the ass
>gpu is old but still a good budget performer
>2133mhz memory
user pls.

I guess he had to cut costs somewhere.

That's not a spaceheater
This is a spaceheater

these are 180W chips user, even with big ass air coolers expect high idles and max temps in the high 60's-high 70's

memory is 3200mhz, it runs on 1.2V instead of the 1.4V and with different timings. Not sure if the mainboard picked up something wrong, or if I need to manually adjust it. But currently I'm just glad, that the computer runs and nothing was defective.

Yeah I thought as much and I read things about it showing +25° offset for some strange reason.

Please rate.

yeah that happens with some AMD stuff, speccy reads my athlon 5350 at like 7 degrees sometimes
as long as you arent pushing 90c you're fine, it doesnt matter what your idle is as long as you dont hit 90c or higher under load

>10 home
>1gb
>bay trail
>1024x600
>using commas as decimal place
What in the fuck are you using it for

>44 euros
>Runs windows 10
It's shit but that thing could be useful.

Memepad

>1600x1200
Dude, nice.

dual xeon
dual cool

Soon it will be dual x5690 and 48gb
After that I might upgrade to 2011 once CPU's come down in price more

ok fixed my memory with magical XMP, which actually should only exist on intel boards!?

I don't know why xmp works on some intel board, my MSI 990FX has intel XMP support as an option, but i don't need it because it automatically sets my ram at 1866 when I do optimized defaults.

> Windows 7 on Ryzen
ma niga

was your windows 7 on kaby lake an easy install? did you use PS/2 or slipstream drivers?

nice, you couldnt hit 4.0?

Some day there'll be a reason to upgrade...

>No SSD
>comfy
Why 8 GB 480s on a 720p screen?
Did you notice any difference? I wanted 3200 RAM too but I'm not sure if it would make a noticeable difference at all, and 32 GB LED RAM cost a lot now
I got this 16 GB kit for 40 €
Why? I got exactly this Phenom in my bedroom PC until this summer. Its so fucking slow... It was my daily use processor until 2013.
Not really, I don't regret getting the 5820K. It was a free upgrade from my old 3770K and I already enjoyed Ryzens performance for the past years.
Do you know what Quadchannel is?
We use commas. Though I'm used to dots because I spend most of my time in English forums.
The day has already come, upgrade your fucking screen. Buying a 1080 Ti for 60 Hz 1080p is a waste.

Bedroom PC

See
Temps will be reported 27 degrees higher than actual. Google it.

>The day has already come, upgrade your fucking screen

I've tried ~10 different 1440p IPS monitors in the past year or so and all were trash for various reasons (backlight bleed, glow, uneven colours, etc). I just returned a 3440x1440 VA ultrawide last Friday that had backlight bleed out the ass and then failed completely inside 24 hours.

This Dell U2414H is light years ahead of any of these dumb modern gay men monitors in terms of picture quality. Gonna just wait for the OLED meme to become real now, since everything else is trash.

Did you try TN? I have a XB280HK. It would perfectly match your graphics card and has Gsync.

TN isn't as bad as they say, the best response times and no bleed or weird light effects at all.

If not at least get a 144 Hz TN, a 1080 Ti is really wasted on 60 Hz. Mine ran BF4 in 4K with stable 140 FPS.

I tried one 4K TN panel and it WAS actually the best of the bunch. I was extremely impressed by how it looked during gaming. Sadly, the viewing angles annoyed me too much on the desktop, with colour/contrast shift even from a perfectly central position towards the edges of the screen.

I never had problems, I sit directly in front of it. I had IPS too, but didn't really notice a difference.

Pic of cooling solution, plox?

this is so stupid, but yes AMD officially confirmed that. For whatever reason, they want to trigger the CPU fans more aggressively that way.

Under load my 1950x can go up to 80° which would still be around 53°.

I think you notice a difference when you compare two screens at a store. But the same goes with glossy screens and it's probably their main selling point. If you use your computer for work and gaming a TN panel will be just fine, if not the superior choice because of g2g response times. If you use it for graphical stuff, with the need for accurate colors TN will fail badly.

I had both screens on my desk. The IPS one was 1080p though.

I know, I also do some editing work, but I don't need color accuracy as I won't earn money with it.

Needs some upgrades. It's okay

What do you want to upgrade here? It looks perfect. Maybe get a 1080 Ti if you want to max out AAA titles in 1440p.
>Windows 7
Very nice!

>Did you notice any difference
Everything seems to be more snappy

I love seeing Kaby Lake & Ryzen CPU's on Windows 7.
It still means people are not being forced to use Winblows 10 because Microsoft want people to use new hardware on that trash OS.

Get an 1080Ti as said. That'll really get the best out of that hot CPU lol

Really? On your desktop or in games?
They don't support it officially. But you can still run it and the drivers often run. My friend also upgraded from 10 to 8.1, because he was too annoyed of forced updates and background processes causing FPS drops in games.

On my desktop, haven't played any games since I upgraded.

Yeah, I know they don't officially which is why I'm using Windows 7 on my Ryzen CPU too. Everything is comfy.

How is your 1080Ti performing with that 2600K compared to modern CPUs? I also have a 2600K paired with RX 480, it's nowhere close to be a bottleneck.
Also please upgrade your fucking monitor. 1080Ti with a 1080p60 display is a disgrace.

Its not bottlenecking at all. Locked Sandy Bridge sucks, because of their low base and turbo clocks. K-SB CPUs perform similar to modern ones if you overclock them near 5 GHz. I think its about 20 % IPC advantage.

youtube.com/watch?v=03l5fWVkvms

(Just turn off the annoying music)

Well I guess I should turn on my radiator...

I have it at 4.6GHz and it's fine in most games, including really demanding open world stuff like Watch Dogs 2 and Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, where the 1080 Ti taps out before it does. Single thread-wise it shouldn't be too different from a Ryzen chip at 4GHz and those are fine. PCIe 2.0 doesn't hold the card back at all either, as my GPU benchmark scores are identical to those using more modern components.

World of Warcraft is actually the game where the 2600K struggles most, but that entirely depends on what's going on. Even a 7700K can't hold 60fps with too many players and effects on-screen, because the engine is ancient and only uses a single thread. One core will be maxed out whilst the others sit near-idle.

>the engine is ancient and only uses a single thread
JUST

Hoky shit user, is your CPU in a fridge case or something

Intel is like a little baby, watch this.

Why do people play WoW noadays?

> 10°C Outside
> Open window
> Watercooling

You'll always see temps like this until the water in your loop gets warmer.
It's actually not that magical

I just came back to it in July after a break of a year and have been having fun. It's essentially free to play now anyway, since you can pay for game time with in-game gold.

Hello boys and Sup Forumsirls(male).

wutever

everything is so hot because its fucking 95 degrees in my room

this laptop can heat a room in a few minutes.

and it regularly does this.

Only heats up like this when watching any video encoded with h264 or better. No hardware acceleration for newer codecs = hot ass cpu. I can run 2 full desktop VM's on it for hours and won't get close to overheating but close everything and open a single browser with one tab to one Youtube video and it's hotbox time.

I built this waiting on cofveve-lake, but after seeing what ayymd is capable of I might have to switch sides for the next machine.

so...maybe time to upgrade?

I'm looking at a couple of 2nd or 3rd gen i5 laptops at the moment. They're going for cheap these days, only $300 or so. Prolly fix this thing up and sell it.

considering replacing the CPU with an E5-1650V2 so that muh gaymes would run better

anyone else have a 560 ?
It seems almost nobody gave it a chance

Not him but with my ASRock mobo they had a Windows 7 USB utility that made it just work, used a wireless keyboard to install.

I use a stock cooler and it gets to 80 celcius on full load

Space heater 1 reporting in.

Space heater 2 reporting in.

I wish Speccy was around in 2007 when I was running a 1.3GHz Athlon Thunderbird. That thing raised the temperature in my home office to the point where my wife would complain about it getting too warm in there.

Space heater 3 reporting in

Behead those who insult Amada.

still not bottlenecked

>not getting a 560 ti

What kind of stock voltage do you have for the 8350 on that MS-7893 I ask this to see if I have a dud of a chip, with my stock vcore being 1.384, which is kinda high, but the board might by trying to compensate it's own vdroop.

>was your windows 7 on kaby lake an easy install?

Yeah you literally just boot on the usb.