I'm not interested in owning a smartphone. What's the best music player for my dollar...

I'm not interested in owning a smartphone. What's the best music player for my dollar? Preferrably something with at least 64GB of storage, or some form of expandable memory. iPod Classic? Sansa Clip? Those newfangled Walkmans?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Aibocn-External-Battery-Flashlight-Smartphones/dp/B00VWV8LD4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1506491375&sr=8-3&keywords=power bank
amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Lipstick-Sized-Generation-Batteries/dp/B005X1Y7I2/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1506491375&sr=8-11&keywords=power bank
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have a newfangled Walkman, and I really, really enjoy it.

Sansa clip v2 with rockbox.

Why not? These don't exist anymore. I recommend a smartphone or tablet, optionally without mobile data. I have mine in airplane mode most of the time.

I considered a Fio music player, but these are very expensive and hi-fi on the go doesn't exist, at least I wouldn't use the same 400 € headphones I use at home on the go. I use inears for portability, which always means a sacrifice of audio quality.

If you are looking for something with massive storage I would get some Xperia phone with a microSD: They also have a good camera. And waterproofness - Perfect for people like me who go deep into the woods.

shanling m1

take a look at fiio's music player lineup

I love how these have dedicated physical playback buttons. But $400 for a 64gb?

My phone broke a year ago and I realized I enjoyed life more without it. Taking physical notes, slowing life down and enjoying things in the moment, etc. And I know the government can steal tons of my info, but I also feel safer and more private without a phone.

Rockbox support is mandatory for goodness.

If you didn't specify "for my dollar", I'd say iPod Classic or Clip+ with Rockbox. But since you want cheap, I'll point out that you can get an Alcatel Ideal that's locked to AT&T for $20, never activate it, install a decent music player (Black Player is good), stick as big a MicroSD in as you like, and have a pretty good MP3 player for less than most shitty chink MP3 players cost on ebay.

Probably worse battery life with a full phone anyway. Might not even have a FM receiver available.

I didn't own a smartphone until this year. Then I bought a used Z2 for 60 €- Just run it in plane mode and don't install shitty apps like Whatsapp.

I mainly use it as a camera and for music. I don't have any modern phone messengers installed. GPS tracking is always off (It also drains unneccesary power).
Any phone that acceots microSD wil lsuffice. You can also run it without a SIM.

How much battery do you want? It lasts all day with cellular on, occasional web browsing, and lots of music playing. It'll last even longer with all radios off and just music playing.

And yeah it has an FM tuner.

Good goy, buy a shitty mp3 player :^)

>These don't exist anymore
Bullshit

>using the smiley with a carat nose

Not OP but tell me more about this phone pls. I bought a BLU something phone from amazon to be a music player and it just turned out to be a piece of garbage; it had so little RAM that simply running a music app would make it crash repeatedly. Also, the max output to the headphones I was using was super pissy, couldnt block out conversations at all. I really like the idea of using a deactivated phone for a music player, but I dont want it to be shit at the only task Im going to throw at it.

just buy a shitty 50 dollar android phone and never activate it. youd basically just have a pocket sized android tablet that you can put any music player you want on.

:v)

>using the smiley with a v nose

should have gotten a mirrorless slr, used ones likely take a significantly better picture for nearly the same cost and a sansa clip

just get one that can charge and be used at the same time and use this
amazon.com/Aibocn-External-Battery-Flashlight-Smartphones/dp/B00VWV8LD4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1506491375&sr=8-3&keywords=power bank

there are single cell powerbanks, but this was better and cheaper

amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Lipstick-Sized-Generation-Batteries/dp/B005X1Y7I2/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1506491375&sr=8-11&keywords=power bank

power is honestly a non issue so long as you can use while charging.

AGPtek Rocker or Ruizu X02

Unless you don't like traveling with loads of items. It's quite nice carrying just a smartphone, earbuds, wallet, etc. in pockets and no need for a bag or backpack.

cut the smartphone out and replace with mp3 player, cut wallet out with only what necessary for you now, and you now have room for a battery to guarantee all day use regardless of how old said device is.