>playing gaymes

Grow up, it's 1997 already.

says the poorfag who cant afford a pentium 2

youtube.com/watch?v=iWGAdoMz1c0

blast from the past

cyrix mind

Whats the current eqivilant?

ARM?

why doesn't he make more vids like this instead of those dumb videos of himself talking over old episodes of bad influence

I watched that video the other day too.

they came from the same city as me

ARM vendors don't compete at all with Intel and AMD in their core markets like Cyrix did, there really isn't a modern equivalent to them

how many childish shitposts can one youtube video make?

>He doesn't use neural-net optimized processors

With a Cyrix MediaGX MMX 233Mhz around 21fps in Quake.

Isn't this the guy who made a video specifically requesting people to buy him expensive rig so he could play DOOM 2016?

> not poor
> not living in the 90s

Life is better now, although that was a bretty gud video of their history.

Maybe via.

How much art, technology, and culture has been destroyed by video games?

i watched that video too

all of it

>cyrex processor

what has earthquake have to do with CPUs?

Speaking of Cyrix, too bad they never got to release their last core, it was supposed to have better IPC again. Cyrix knew what to aim for in CPU development way ahead. Too bad at that time, pushing clocks paid more.

Funny how google is recommending us all the same videos...

>everything I learned about computing history I learned from youtube: the thread

There are some Cyrix Joshua samples out there but performance wasn't up to Via's standards. It got replaced by Samual of WinChip design.

>Via's standards
They probably just went with cheaper and easier to maintain design. Also it is possible that the Cyrix development team just fell apart and left to other companies, leaving them no other option than switching to glorified WinChips.

They returned to OoO cores way too late as a result and weren't able to compete in power/performance anyway, if not sooner then as soon as Bobcat came from AMD.

Well the design still wasn't Pentium compatible and power consumption wasn't great according to reports. Still would like to have one just to see what they cooked up.

>1997 was ten years ago...

>actually retarded
>le pretending to be retarded xD
which is it