Can someone redpill me on lightbulbs?

Can someone redpill me on lightbulbs?

What are some of the best lightbulbs I can buy? I want this for a standard fixture on my fan in my room. I want something that is super fucking bright, preferably adjustable, dimable and maybe even remote controlled as well?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_rendering_index
developers.meethue.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

Phillips Hue for "smart" bulbs
For any other purposes though, I use CFLs because I can't stand the strobing from LEDs, CFLs, unlike magnetic ballast fluorescent lights, do not strobe. Modern phosphors provide really good colors as well, better than (cheap) LEDs.

what if i have shotty third world country electricity? wouldn't Philips hue be a waste since they lifespan would be smaller?

i had these and then moved and forgot the fucking light bulbs and only brought the hub thing
FUCK ME

>fan
>bright
pick one

>how do i lightbulb
if you have to ask you can't, this is as dumb as asking, redpill me on car wheels to make me go fast

they use like 6 watts and last a long ass time but they cost a lot

>redpill
Go back to r e d d I t
Fag

I'm talking about voltage spikes, so wouldn't they burn out more quickly?

i have no fuckin clue i just know i spent 200 dollars on them and then forgot everything but the cheap ass wifi hub at my old house

theoretically the protection circuitry on the bulb should keep it functional
it's usually heat that kills drivers anyway, not voltage spikes

bump

>strobing
stop buying shit LEDs

Not that guy, but I literally buy Walmart and Ikea brand LED bulbs. No strobing. You've got to be buying some serious chink-tier bulbs if you're having any problems.

>What are some of the best lightbulbs I can buy?
Incandescent.
>I want this for a standard fixture on my fan in my room.
Incandescent.
>I want something that is super fucking bright, preferably adjustable, dimable
Incandescent.
>and maybe even remote controlled as well?
You don't want that. You want an incandescent bulb.

CFLs are junk. if you want nice light get either the real deal room heater bulb or at least a filament LED.

Nigga, you crazy. Short life span and wasting 90% of it's energy as heat, no thank you.

>Can someone redpill me on lightbulbs?

thanks

This.
Albeit I've heard about the LEDs the more watts the shorter lifespan (=insufficient cooling).

I have a 12W "filament LED" but I only tested it for a short time (I'm still waiting for the 60W incandescent that it'll replace to die).
I've put this LED beside a 60W newish Osram incandescent and I'd say the brightness is comparable; maybe the LED is a tad bit less bright. YMMV.

How stupid do you have to be to do this

>waiting for the 60W incandescent that it'll replace to die

That's silly.

Replace it and keep the incandescent as a spare in case the LED fails.

>filament LED

Fairly sure they are a meme?

Look for LEDs with high CRI (95+). Sometimes you can find them for cheap. But the biggest problem is finding E27 ones that are bright enough and aren't huge.

>Crazy Return on Investment
?

how cheap is cheap? $100?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_rendering_index

I bought some for 3€ the other day from Hofer/Aldi. But they brightest ones are only 800lm.

Don't buy cheap LED's.

They will use shitty components that burn out fast costing you more money on the long run.
Buy reputable brands (I think Philips is still the best), or look up reviews before buying.

They have 3 years warranty, if they last that long it's good enough.

I've got more than enough of spares, I've inherited ~20 100W and ~10 40W incandescents (no 60W though). I won't use these though as I've got more than enough of various LED bulbs (mostly the "corn" type).

But I'm way too much of a cheapskate to throw away a perfectly working bulb :B

CFLs are far from junk, also filament LEDs strobe the worst of all.

I bought Philips hue but I kind of regret it.
What kind of cool shit can you do with it? The software is scattered all over the place.

Please help

I mostly use it to change light color based on time of day or do fun shit while I'm high. Also the ability to control my lights from my couch is nice.

From your couch? You use your phone then? I was hoping to automate stuff without having to use my phone all the time

Tread, air pressure, camber/toe, alignment, width for more surface area. You must be a NEET.

You can, I just use my phone for it.
they have an api and stuff if you want to screw with it.
developers.meethue.com/

CFLs are junk. Cheap chink LEDs are junk.

Linear fluorescent with electronic ballast masterrace.
Albeit I gotta admit I've got Philips WT060C 56 LEDs and those seem to be pretty good.

> I want something that is super fucking bright
Philips CDM/ Osram HCI
Best lumen per watt performance

Yeah but those need special driver and a closed luminary.

Low pressure sodium lamps have most lumens per watt AFAIK. Too bad those are monochromatic.

Out of curiosity, would it be remotely feasible to run those in my house?
It's tempting...

Yes but they're not very practical for domestic use.
E.g. apart from theyhave long warm-up time and need quite a long time to cool down before they can be restarted.

Who /incandescent/ here?

incandescent masterrace

I still have those because I live with my parents. Chaging your lightbulbs every 6 months is a meme. Why do you want this?

Those get too hot for a living room unless your ceiling is three meters.
You need to buy a spotlight or build your own

you are homophobic, see

>CFLs
enjoy your cancer

You know, you're not supposed to eat CFLs.

They become UV emitters if their tube coating isn't perfect, they spray mercury vapor all over your shit if you drop one, and their gamut coverage is very bad.

GE Reveal incandescent for reading lamps and pic related for everything else.

nah, I have a couple and am very pleased. even cheap ones have CRI>80 and the good ones can have CRIs in the high 90's.

>filament LED
enjoy your overheating leds

only dimmable leds suck, regular ones are fine