Oh my god. I just deleted my entire /var/ directory on arch. How the actual fuck do I fix this? I am fucking retarded

Oh my god. I just deleted my entire /var/ directory on arch. How the actual fuck do I fix this? I am fucking retarded.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=670876
ptpb.pw/D_JZ
ptpb.pw/Q2Ib
ptpb.pw/MAwR
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

easy, install Source Mage

Install Gentoo.

>How the actual fuck do I fix this?

Nah, youre Ganoooh/Linux is ded.

>I am fucking retarded.

Yup.

>this spacing
wtf

Fuck my life. Kids, don't fuck with your arch install on a third plateau dxm trip

backup /etc and other things you've customized, and reinstall
you can recover from a lot without reinstalling, but pacman's package information is stored under /var, so you've lost the record of what's installed, therefore there's no way to automatically regenerate lost files

kek

-- basically, you can recover from anything as long as you have;
a. /var/lib/pacman
b. files that you've modified
as everything else can be restored, the files in /var/lib/pacman tells pacman what *should* be there, and anything not user-modified is part of packages which can be reinstalled

hmm, someone has made a script which guesses what packages you had based on what files you have
bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=670876
this would work best if your pacman db was the only thing missing, but if you can't remember what you had, this could still be useful

Can anyone decifer this error with Xyne's script?

ptpb.pw/D_JZ
ptpb.pw/Q2Ib

That's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Chugging is still popular?

I dixed it by appending /$repo/os/ to the mirror. Now I'm getting a ton of "Write failed" errors?

hmm, didn't notice the script was posted in 2009
it might require some work to get it working right with current arch

Here is the full output of what happens when I run the script: ptpb.pw/MAwR

Bump

Restore it from your backup.

I don't have a backup. I can't afford an external drive because I live in a flop house and I have zero money

How do I reininstall without losing my packages and conffigurations?

If you can get a PC somehow you can get some kind of storage to back up shit to.

STOP

REDDIT

SPACING

Why, what is the logical reason anons dont approve of paragraph spacing?

go back in time and make backups, retard

Why do you need paragraph spacing when you're barely writing a complete sentence?

I couldn't make backups because I live in a flop house and have no money for an external drive

this is the first time I've seen someone on Sup Forums complaining about reddit spacing on a post that actually has reddit spacing

paragraph spacing is fine it's the triple return spacing that's only needed for reddit that he's complaining about

Nice is that lets you cripple it completely with no warning.

Lol Linux babbys

that's OK you can just restore from your most recent btrfs or zfs snapshot.

He was on drugs you moron, Linux does warn you

rd /s /q C:\

I bet he didn't know that because his command line tool is so shit he hardly knows it exists