there is nothing better than a perfect unix ecosystem

nope

>local retards can't come up with a single decent non-apple bait
Why is Sup Forums such a shit board?

phoneposters

Fanboy's

If only Unix was actually running on any of those devices :(

its based on unix bruh even i know that as a apple noob

Unix is antiquated, dusty dog shit. The professional and creative world runs on Windows 10 for a reason. It's faster, safer, more stable and is actually powerful enough to harness the power of the most advanced hardware the world has to offer. Put the macintosh OS on a real machine with real specs and it doesn't know what to do with it. It's like giving a heavy battle axe to a polio riddled, crippled little fucking girl. Don't be a little faggot and use Windows 10. It will be the best decision you will ever make.

None of that post is true.

Linux is based on Unix.

So is apple, to a degree so is microsoft. Everything is.

windows is based on ms-dos

>Windows 10
>faster
>safer
>more secure
>than anything

>captcha

>Don't be a little faggot and use Windows 10.
Couldn't have said it better

Fuck I remembered that wrong, Apologies. It is ms-dos.

>I've never seen a makefile: the post

>so is apple
Apple is not an operating system.
Apple uses a BSD based OS called Darwin, which uses the XNU kernel, they added very nice and user friendly DEs on top of it to make it iOS, watchOS and macOS. macOS is officially UNIX certified.

Linux is not based on UNIX. Linux is the kernel of the widely used OS that is called GNU/Linux. It is built form the ground up, and is UNIX inspired. It has never gotten the certification of being actual UNIX.

Microsoft’s Windows is not UNIX, it isn’t based on UNIX and it isn’t inspired by UNIX. Windows is built on MS-DOS which was orignally bought over, and not created by Microsoft. Ontop of MS-DOS they made a lot of modifications to support 32bit and 64bit architectures. It obviously never has gotten a certification for UNIX.

>there's nothing better than a perfect unix ecosystem
>pic has no devices that run unix or derivatives by default

Linux is based on Unix in that it is Unix-like, not that it uses Unix code.

OSX is based on Unix in that it uses Unix code, but it isn't actually Unix.

Being UNIX certified doesn't mean that the OS is Unix, but that it is Unix compatible. There are some Linux distros that are UNIX certified.

The only good thing that Apple makes is OS X. All of their hardware and all of their mobile software is utter trash, and it has been for years and years, since like 2005 or 2006. I'm a richfag and I buy almost one of every new product that they launch just to try it out, but this year I didn't get the new iTurd 8. The new iMac is mediocre except for the display. I'll be sticking with my Google Pixel XL running Lineage OS and my Corebooted ThinkPad X1 Carbon running Debian as my main computing devices because they're more secure and offer more features.

t. actual tech enthusiast

OS X is certified Posix compliant but it fails to actually meet the standard. It really isn't Unix. That's not to say it's all bad, just don't throw around some buzz word as a selling point. If you wanted a real Unix workstation then you should buy something that runs Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, IRIX, etc. or just install FreeBSD yourself on nearly any modern Intel PC. Those are examples of real Unix systems that have their beginnings in AT&T System V from the 80s. Mac OS X is a bunch of GNU, BSD, NeXTSTEP, and classic MacOS components all cobbled together. Some other systems have similar issues but OS X is really a mess under the hood.

>modern windows
>based on MS-DOS
lol ok gramps

Is osx compatible with bsd ports?
Can I just git clone a ports tree & easily build software from it?

no

Give it back, Jamal

>Corebooted ThinkPad X1 Carbon
lmao
if you're rich you've got to be some kind of trust fund kid or something
there's no way a truly rich person would value his time so little that he'd install coreboot of all things

fucking autist lmao

lmao amirite

what is the fucking point then