New thinkpad CONFIRMED

theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/9/22/16351328/lenovo-thinkpad-25-laptop-specs-photos-leak
Your thoughts, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/9/22/16351328/lenovo-thinkpad-25-laptop-specs-photos-leak
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Clickpad
DROPPED
if you're going to make it like an old thinkpad at least include the bottom buttons

Should've contracted with an LCD panel supplier for a true 4:3 IPS panel with high res.

As it is why wouldn't I just get the T470 and save money?

>old thinkpad
>having anything more than a trackpoint

>16:9
dropped

Looks better that older versions after the t420

He's obviously referring to the click keys on the small touchpads on older ThinkPads that were larger than 12 inches.

I feel bad that they butchered the old ThinkPad aesthetic. But the worst thing for me here is that this will be running Windows 10 out of the box. That's just depressing.

Did anyone really think Lenovo in the modern day would make anything like an 'old' ThinkPad? David Hill is a cuckold, he just made a blog post about how he wanted to make a proper old ThinkPad with status lights and shit but then he probably got told off by his strong wymyn bosses and told to shut up.

Here's your anniversary ThinkPad, a standard T470 with an old keyboard on it, for the low price of $1,500 complete with Windwoes 10 and last-gen Nigvidia GPU.

Pretty sure thinkpad died after x230? This one looks like an expensive laptop that will be just as expensive as other mainstream brands and do the same thing but with an ugly looking build.

So Lenovo chinks found a bunch of unused keyboard in some warehouse and decided to turn a huge profit right?

>it just dawned on the Sup Forums user that every non-apple laptop post 2015 runs windows 10 out of the box

>Windows 10
hahahhahahahahahha, GARBAGE! So retards like you really buy this pos?

>the worst thing for me is a thing that is the easiest to fix

You can literaly contact customer support, ask for a replacement OS, make them put W7 on it (application form through mail), and get that W10 shit removed.

X220 but yeah. Agreed

running Windows 10 unironically on any main machine
You deserve it tbqh

Great selling point you got there

That's pathetic. You can't buy your computers off the open market? I can and I'm living in the third world.

HAHAHAHA a fucking 13" macbook has better specs than this piece of trash
You can fit your autism keyboard in the x230

>Why is the webcam off center?
>Why is there a webcam at all?
>The colored ThinkPad logo doesn't make any sense

Wow that looks like it'll be four times the release price a year later

This
Lenovo killed the thinkpad line with the 40 series
I'd rather buy hp than a lmaonovo thinkpad after my T430 becomes unusable

Almost
They also added a backlight so nobody cries about the thinklight

>The colored ThinkPad logo doesn't make any sense
You need to be at least 18 years old to post.

>he fell for the 20 meme instead of buying a 30 series and swapping the keyboard
user please

Looks good besides those over-sized bezels.

>$5000 starting price

So it's a T470 with a better keyboard and colorful logo. it doesn't have the sexy blocky design and good hinges.

Why would I buy this? it missed the whole point of buying old Thinkpads.

I had high hopes for this but now that I know it's shit I'm going to pull the trigger on one of the new 13" rMBPs

Maybe the target market is not people who buy used laptops.

fucking dropped

Doesn't have good hinges.

But these people are the only reason ThinkPad is a brand worth this remake.
Them and enterprise folks that don't give a fuck about marketing ploys like this.

If this had a GTX 1070 it would be a insta buy.

Wow its fucking shit

I jus leaf dis here

that's over a thousand dollars more user. Some of us value our time and resources more than fancy materials and brand names.

Oh I thought this was for the regular thinkpads. Nvm the piece of shit in the article will probably be almost as much as a macbook

Fuck, now I miss my good ole X61 (and the less good but still nice X200).
The X1 is a slippery mess that feels insecure every way I grab it.

>The X1 is a slippery mess that feels insecure every way I grab it.
Probably has a lot to do with greasy sausage sized fingers. Might wanna lay off the non stop eating and sitting.

Projecting much?
I'm skinny and clean, but I still can appreciate a proper tool.
The X1 is not one. What where they thinking when they replaced to rubber coating by some shiny, slippery non rubber coating? Not only does it look shitty, it's useless to boot.

I was excited for it because they were taking surveys on what people wanted. It looks like they ignored everyone when it came to the screen and clickpad shit. Such a damn shame.

I've seen a R60e, and I liked its rough plastic finish. It would be better than the rubberized crap they put on T series.

And finish of your laptop isn't as important as having a battery to hold onto (and the lip between the lid and the base of the laptop.) 9 cells are worth it for the added grip alone.

move the function key, thinktampon, or I will be forever triggered

>I've seen a R60e, and I liked its rough plastic finish.
X1 has a slippery plastic finish.
also, ironically, the one thing that was really objectively bad about the rubber, was that you easily scuffed it away at the edges, making it look "broken". Turns out the X1 plastic is also just a layer, which, gues what, gets scuffed at the edges.

>2017
>TWO(2) rows of identical mouse buttons
sheesh, user

Well, I don't think R60e had just a thin layer of coating, it would be pretty hard to make it look bad.

not worth it Sup Forumsaynons

>almost quints

At least It gets twice the battery life than loonix and doesnt look homosexual like a macbook

Not him but what does it matter they're identical?

You can't use the top buttons with the trackpad and you can't use the bottom buttons with the trackoint.

I don't care because I disable the trackpad and only use the trackpoint.
But for those who prefer the trackpad they have a worse interface because why?

My T43 still works. I had to replace the mobo and keyboard 10 years ago but it's still kicking.

430 = 43*10

Logically you will never buy another laptop again because your T430 will last 10x as long as my T43. Maybe more because of superior mainland Chinese technology and improvements.

I have never bought a used Thinkpad. I have a T530 and the keyboard is the shit kind. I've got a few others in the family that have the good keyboard. Guess I should buy them used from now on if they're gonna be shit even when they try this "classic" shit.

Who is the target audience? It isn't us autists on /tpg/, it isn't corporations, it isn't hipster fags because they always buy mac, so who would buy this?

why is that man screaming

>theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/9/22/16351328/lenovo-thinkpad-25-laptop-specs-photos-leak
eat shit this isnt the t440 pad

>Who is the target audience?

Same as any Thinkpad:
Anyone who isn't a broke NEET.

Nobody makes products to cater to the second hand market.

Exactly.

It's the T470 pad.

But my point is no one wants this. You can buy a better laptop for cheaper. Anyone who would buy into this gimmick is already devoted to mac, alienware, the regular lenovo chinkpads, or some other shit product.

It's t470 with good keaboard.

I am wondering, if t420 keaboard fits in.

>Fisting Lessons by Rossmann

They never planned on selling it in large numbers.
It's just a little thingy to celebrate their birthday.

The problem is Sup Forums hyping it up as if it would be the second coming of Christ and then whine like little babbies because *shock* it isn't.

He does make a point and I wish modern Thinkpads had such a battery option.

>one port
AHAHAHA

You're legit running fucking 3D CAD shit on that thing?
How miserable is that experience?

Oh shit sorry, didn't mean to imply that was my actual unit. Just a google pic. In fact mine is the standard T43 and not the T43p with the fingerprint reader.

However I did used to run 3DS Max and Maya on it, and you know, it wasn't awful at the time. If I were trying to use it today with modern poly counts and texture resolutions, I can't imagine it behaving very well. Sometime I should bust it out and see how it goes.

Chinknovo BotnetPad

no thanks

> not running clean install
> not running linux
hahaha fucking brainlet

>Didn't replace the BIOS
>Calls Sup Forumsentleman a brainlet

Go back to /r/apple

oh shit i forgot!
FOSS-lord, forgive me as i have sinned.

i thought that was fucking rich piana
dam i miss him

Sup Forums ABSOLUTELY BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

NO RECOVERY POSSIBLE

the only thing i liked about thinkpads was the blue enter key and the screen being able to go flat

I gotta think, you know, people were running CAD software on it when it was the most powerful laptop in the world back in '05

I like this.

Modern but with the loved keyboard.

ill buy this is 4 or 5 years when its 90 dollars and put an ssd and more ram in it