Be statistics graduate student

>be statistics graduate student
>math/statistics classes are hard
>programming classes are easy as fuck
so are you guys really brainlets after all?

what language are you doing

R and Python

everyone and their cats can do python
do a lower level language and then call it easy

>derails xer own thread
Nice job retard.
MODS!!!

>my discipline is easy unless you choose to make it hard for no reason!

>calls programming easy
>does the easiest and most retard-friendly language
>calls Sup Forums brainlet
hmm

I still have all my old calc and math textbooks from college. I never got past basic trig and haven't really ever needed anything beyond that.

That being said, having grown up and matured, I could probably digest calculus and other maths without too much issue. I just hated doing 3 hours of math homework each night.

why would you use a needlessly difficult language?

lower level control, better optimizations and knowing how a computer works
you have no right to call programming easy when you use the easiest option

python isnt even a programming language you fucking retard

different guy, but yes it is. Where does this meme come from?

>programming classes
>intro to programming

It depends on the course ofc

>no reason
Not the guy you're responding to, but I use a system level programming language to, you know, do system level programming.

Also, I minored in statistics. I didn't find the statistics classes especially hard either.

generally dynamically typed languages that are interpreted are called scripting languages

ex. javascript, bash, ruby

Yes, but aren't you also a brainlet for enrolling in a deadend major with no job prospects?

Everybody just stopped taking you seriously and all it took was 2 words. These languages were designed for mathematicians and scientists that can't program

>scripting is not programming
This is where you are wrong.

>no job prospects
"Data scientists" aka "business intelligence + machine learning" are both fields within statistics + machine learning.

is OP still here after being assblasted this hard?

>thinking scripting a bunch of matrix multiplications is progamming
These languages are literally designed for idiots like you. Come back when you've written some real software.

well you definitely arent programming so not in this context lmao

>you
I'm not OP. I'm programming C right now.

>why would I need integrals and function analysis? Nigga just use a ruler and approxximate why are you making it such a dufficult task?

kek

>skipped all the gay easy software engineering classes and filled my comp sci degree with math classes
>get a job programming with little math

This is pretty much what all advanced cs courses are. Just setting up a math model based on stats n implementing that mathmatical model. So every tards who say "derrrr py is easy" are pretty fucking dumb.

Unless youre doing lower lvl stuff, what language you use does not indicate how advanced you are as a programmer.

Even if you use C, that does not indicate how advanced you are. There's plenty of outright shit C code around.

python is literally pseudocode.

It's the reverse for me
Easy math hard programing