Edit the registry and services to disable windows updates

>edit the registry and services to disable windows updates
>big daddy microsoft notices this
>"hold on there consumer sheep, it seems you don't want us ruining your computer with worthless bloat and updates. That's too bad, we're gonna go right ahead and revert those changes whether you like it or not"

So this... is the power of winblows.

Other urls found in this thread:

mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So disable whatever is rolling back the changes retard.

>we're gonna go right ahead and revert those changes whether you like it or not
Things that never happened.

It came with the latest batch of updates that rolled out last week. It always reverts the windows update service if you set it to disabled.

I would if Windows wasn't a bloated piece of malware that intentionally obscures all of its processes. Fortunately, I created a workaround by altering the task scheduler and setting updates to filter through a metered connection. Still, you gotta wonder who microsoft is looking out for when they make their service constantly intrusive and hard to deal with.

It makes me just want to permanently switch to a linux partition.

1. Why the fuck would you disable updates?
2. How did you get the update that enables the update service if you disabled the update service?

>to disable windows updates
what a retard

>1. Why the fuck would you disable updates?
Because they break more things than they fix?

>2. How did you get the update that enables the update service if you disabled the update service?
Manual windows update catalog. I was attempting to cherrypick the update that fixed the bluetooth blueborne issue, but what I didn't count on was that Microsoft bundled all the trash together.

>Because they break more things than they fix?
How do you retards manage to do that? A windows update NEVER broke anything on any computer I ever used.
It's probably because you deleted something at random because you're a l33t h4xx0r and then Windows freaked out during the update process because that something was missing.

Based Big Daddy Microsoft is looking out for you and making sure you don't break your operating system with your retarded tinfoil tendencies

>works on my computerâ„¢

Whatever you say microso-er, I mean anons.

Windows update tries to reset service and group policy settings, which can result in them becoming broken.

>Windows update tries to reset service and group policy settings
Nope. I have about two dozen group policies configured and they were never reset. That would be stupid.
That's typical Sup Forums FUD.

>1. Why the fuck would you disable updates?
my machine is running perfectly fine since vanilla install, I see no reason to update

Yes, good goy. Always trust in updating as soon as possible. Nothing POSSIBLY bad can happen, right?

That is not the case for my desktop, though.

>he's unironically too incompetent for wincuck
Ultra kek

>using magic pc cleaner driver booster software in 2017

>wants to customize the way his OS behaves
>chooses windows

Let me guess, you play videogames instead of having real hobbies.

Idk.. :3

Registry file system is bloat garbage anyway

>he thinks MS doesn't pull the same BS with their "we look out for our customers first" spiel which is basically them putting their fingers into your OS

"waahhhh!! wahhhh!! i dont know how to fix shit"

^that's you

your operating system is a service you ungrateful fuck

I know how to fix it. The problem is that MS just goes right ahead and reverts those changes anyway. My hands are tied when it comes to this company, whose technological prowess is matched only by their ability to recreate a good OS like windows 7, which amounts to piss all.

What in your opinion suddenly happened with microsoft that they have become like that, updates were always annoying for old people and they always complained about it but even the most clueless gamer kid knew how to turn off updates and there was atleast a choice. now what happened, I understand that it's for old people who would prefer automatic things but people who do know their things why take away their comforts without update it still worked. I have win 7 pirated and its never been updated from 2007. But it works. but still what's with this sudden taking all control from user what happened? There must be something behind it? What in your opinion is that?

I can smell the curry from Windows defense force.

I don't think they became like that suddenly. MS has a monopoly on OS's, and they always wanted absolute control over their users. The problem was that they had no idea how to implement that kind of control until a few years ago. I don't even need to get into companies greasing eachother's palms. For example, the NSA wants to keep tabs on you? All they gotta do is throw a few bills in MS's direction, and suddenly you get a new update that sends your user info to MS for "analytical purposes."And so on.

I don't like the monitoring, but what pisses me off is that they don't even let you opt out, and they constantly use my computer's disk and RAM for themselves. It's like running a microsoft approved bitcoin miner in the background.

>Playing this game with your computer
>Being this deep in denial

Then install something else dumbass

I'm with you a little, but saying updating doesn't break shit is not true on any platform.

As if it was that easy. My first choice would be linux, but that OS is cryptic and full of security holes that makes Windows 10 look like windows 7.

If you're too stupid to get Windows under control then you should just get a mac.

Check if you can hackintosh or actually buy a mac.

Is all that nsa and Microsoft true? I actually don't care about telematery stuff I live in a 3rd world anyway but this ram usage and udates getting in way are really annoying I also tried services and other tweaks and they get back on. Also I get startled to see the ram usage in my crunchbang++ its like less than 500 mb get used on startup but in windows 1.3 gb is always used

>using winblows 10
Theres your problem faget

>apple products

Post boobies

Yes it's true
Microsoft is a botnet
Use GNU/Linux

>Is all that nsa and Microsoft true?
It's the entire reason why you can't turn off data collection. Even if you set it to the lowest via registry hacks, it's still set to "basic".

The sad part is that I have a windows 8 installation that's lasted me half a decade, and it's still more reliable than Win 10. Makes me want to just download win 8 and deal with the "you have to activate this product" message every 5 seconds.

>complains about his OS
>shuts down one suggestion as "too complicated"
>another one because muh brand loyalty
What the fuck even is the point of this thread.

The point is that companies shouldn't have a monopoly on operating systems. Despite Linux being complicated, it might still be the only option I have. I've been dabbling with the idea for a while, but I'm not comfortable with a dual boot partition, since I hear Win 10 doesn't play nicely with other OS's.

Then do it faggot. Stop complaining and go for it if it's your only option. You might still want to look into hackintosh though.

Man if it wasn't for vidya I would go full gnu/linux I even have handfull of experience of linux and have crunchbang++ which is just debian with openbox. But I am trying to just play old emulator games and just forget about regular pc games but its hard ;_;

I would, but apple is the only company that's even worse than MS. I'd rather just let windows update plug me in the hershey highway than let a mac anywhere near my home.

Install 7, install Linux distro of choice. Done. Windows 10 has no good extra features over 7 IMHO, and it's still supported for a couple years. By then, you would probably get a new PC or could just convert the Windows partition to /home or extra storage for the Linux distro (or use Windows 8 if you are brave enough).

You can still download 7? I assumed Microsoft would try and wipe that OS off the face of the net. "too much user freedom" and whatnot.

can you take ownership of the registry keys and remove permissions from the machine?

IIRC this was how I disabled windows maps permanently between updates

mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/

7 is supported until October 2021

Whoa. That is alot of windows partitions. Thank you femanon. I think I might have a solution to my problem.

You are interested in these isos only.

Well Microsoft is a partner of the NSA's PRISM program, so it might as well be true.
It's really hard for Microsoft to hire good engineers because the market is so saturated with other great tech companies. And because they only have empty words from it's ceo about their vision "reinvent productivity" they are collecting data en masse to find out HOW to reinvent productivity, but the engineering are just not there which is why the resource consumption is so high.

>Well why the fuck you wanna do that?
True sign of a shit tier product

I believe I can. Though knowing how MS works regarding its bloated system, even the tiniest change could end up destroying the entire registry. Just incase, I'll make a backup. Though with the win 7 isos provided by , I also have another backup plan. And I might make a dual partition with linux if that doesn't work either.

Thanks for the advice Sup Forums.

This falling for "lol just turn updates off bro" meme when you already use Win10 is autistic as fuck.

>>edit the registry and services to disable windows updates
That's the wrong way to do it. I can't believe there are so many retards that can't even disable updates properly. Read the fucking manual.
No wonder Microshit treats you as what you are: retards.

>Windows 10 has no good extra features over 7 IMHO
Try that again. WSL is great. Some things are a lot easier to compile/develop on linux.

Just use an actual Linux distro then FFS. Hell, I would even take a virtual machine over actually having to program on windows.

Linux can't run everything else I need. Wine is extremely spotty. WSL is primarily intended for console tools so support is very good.

>Not blocking on network end
kys

What's your method of doing that? I tried it on my netgear a while back, and things just went haywire. Microsoft don't like when you don't play their game.

>things just went haywire
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services
Try doing it the supported way then.

I'll give it a try, but since that's a Microsoft document, it's up in the air whether it'll stick.

>"real hobbies"
Let me guess, you mess around with Linux until it breaks (which doesn't take much) and then spend all the rest of the day wondering how to fix it.
Wow, how productive.

>gets ransomware because no security updates
>OMFG MICROSHIT SO BAD
they are here only because stupid shit like you will scream like retard when you get fucked buy some virus

fu, I use Linux and play Videogames on it

>Thinks updates are worthless
>Gets ransomwared by some script kiddie using a 366 day vulnerability

Never change Sup Forums

>either get ransomware from a russian or malware from microsoft

>How did you get the update that enables the update service if you disabled the update service?
Dont ask me. I had updates blocked ever since I installed w10 but Microsoft still forcibly installed that update anyway.

>you can opt-out of the opt-out reversal
100% cuck

>Let me guess, you play videogames
nailed it haha