Why does everyone who owns an iPhone have a massive crack on it? Is it the terrible build quality...

Why does everyone who owns an iPhone have a massive crack on it? Is it the terrible build quality, the idiots who buy them or both?

both

because everyone uses their phone like an 11 year old and cracks it but is too poor/lazy to fix it
i buy cheap phones, crack one screen or break the panel once a year and just buy another cheap phone instead
unless you count my LG G4 that bootlooped, if it hadnt id still have that, the curved screen made it really hard to break the glass

Apple designs their phones fragile on purpose so consumers are more likely to buy Apple care plans, expensive cases at carrier stores, and people are more often likely to pay Apple to repair their shit.

Well, it's hard to crack the screen on your phone, if you spend all day in front of the computer.

Are they still only two screws to replace? Surely normalfags Google this when they smash the screen.

works on my machine

i think a lot of people go for that apple upgrade/care/wtf program where you just pay a subscription fee and pretty much just upgrade/replace whenever you want. at that point why worry about a screen?

not a issue with android flagships

This, its no better or worse than any other phone with equivalent gorilla glass

normalfags usually have iphones

people who treat their phone like shit are usually normalfags.

like my sister, who just throws it around everywhere.

Because they can't afford to pay for a replacement screen but still want to appear affluent ( because obviously they are because they have an iPhone)

Not sure how people drop their phones all the time. I've only dropped my phone once and I would ride my bike with in my tshirt pocket sometimes.

They drop them.

this isn't a drop test, they just got mad at how unresponsive the screen was

I'd say it's more the idiots who own them
half the time they forget they're handling a $600 device
although there are times where the phone just slips
Android users have cracks just as bad

It's the owner.
My twin sister had gone through 4 iPhones when I still have a Galaxy S5.

Normies won't use cases that are bulky, and girls hold their phones in the hands all the time.
My sister's iPhone never leaves her hands.

Apparently it does leave her hand occasionally

It's fixed on the 8. Using next gen gorilla glass testers could not get the 8 to crack meanwhile samshit shattered instantly.

No, normies immediately throw away anything "old" or "broken", most are too stupid to even sell "old" shit on eBayand they trade in a year old flagship for a $50 credit.

It's definitely the user, but I have a suspicion that a lot of the time it's actually deliberate.
iPhones are a status symbol - anyone with half a brain knows they're inferior devices, but they're well known to be overly expensive. Sad though it is, most people get one to be able to say "look at me, I have an iphone!" because conformie is normie's cousin or something.
Thing is though, what's more of a status symbol than having an iphone? Having an iphone with a massive crack in it. This is effectively their way of saying "hey check me out, not only do I have an iphone, but it's so not a big deal to me that I don't even look after it. Aren't I cool?"
Normies are fucking pathetic man. Anyone who knows even the slightest bit about technology (like myself) wouldn't use an iphone if they were fucking free, but macfags still come out with the tired "waaahhh you just can't afford one" argument because the price tag is all they care about and constantly fight to justify, because M-M-MUH STATUS SYMBOL

My cousin works at a phone repair shop and he says this is 100% true. Apple gimps their products on purpose so normies are encouraged to spend more money.

> samshit shattered instantly
At least try to have a grain of truth with your damage control shill, otherwise no one will ever take you seriously.
Also, see

APPLEL BTFO
this should be a copypasta

My ex would throw around her iphones deliberately. Her parents were rich and would ALWAYS fix them for her.

I don't know how many times I've seen my sister swap out a good protective case for a $1 piece of plastic shit with a cute print on it that cracks away the first drop.

They would all get high and leave their phones in stupid places or do stupid shit to them.

>
>My cousin works at a phone repair shop and he says this is 100% true. Apple gimps their products on purpose so normies are encouraged to spend more money.
Untrue apple make best stuff in the world. Try again.

>iPhones are a status symbol

Hi Panjeet. iPhones aren't a status symbol in anywhere other than nations where some people don't have running water and toilets.

iphones these days are more like fashion accessories than status symbols. every girl gotta have a iphone just like how every black guy needs a new pair of jordans.

This hearing girls talk about how having an android is trashy is triggering.

Unlike you I go outside and don't life in delusional autism bubbles made up of hyperbolic ultra-cliche things I imagine. You're deliberately trying to imagine over emphasized things to hate. Get another hobby, moron. A lot of girls I know, here in the western world, use Android.

It's a street-level status symbol - not "I need one to look wealthy" but "I need one to not look poor"

See

nigga I live in florida where you can find the pettiest people around. girls here don't touch android phones with a pole unless they're from the low income hood. but if you're a middle or upper class girl, they will definitely have a iphone. they also make sure to get a case that shows off the apple logo on the back.

Its a tool for communication. Not a fashion accessory or a status symbol.

>Have iphone 5s
>almost 4 years old
>dropped onto concrete several times, including face down flat onto the screen
>no damage
>only case ever used was pic related

Mine isn't.
I even keep my keys in the same pocket.

>trying this hard

Cook cuck get btfo

they're shit. the outside glass gets fucking destroyed if you drop it 3, maybe 2, feet

I dropped my iPhone 5 less than 1 meter on its face without a case and the screen shattered.

>drop my phone onto a hard surface
>it lands on the glass part
>shatters
>WTF APPLE

lol@ your poorfag phone too, deserved to be broken

meanwhile on android

nah, that's just not true. People use their phones in public a whole lot. I see iPhones with broken screens when I take trains and buses all the time and I never see any Android phones with a cracked screen. It's mostly young women / teens who got broken screen iPhones, my guess is that they can't afford to repair it or buy a new one.

Do Android phones crack just as bad, though? Probably. Mine don't but my nephew's tend to crack their Android phones screens sooner or later. The main difference is probably that if you have a $600+ phone then you're "invested" in it. If my $120 Android phone from China gets a crack in the screen then I'll just order another.

Doboutful

I am sort of tempted to believe it's the owners as well. I've had an iPhone 5 pretty much since launch and I've only ever used it with a shitty case that more or less only protects against scratches. But I've treated it well (not gently, just well) and it has lasted all through university. Meanwhile my cousin has been through three iPhones in the same time period. Just keeps dropping them in parking lots, pools, or leaves them on her car's roof. All very normie ways of ruining a phone.

My sister did that to my old iPod 3 and the screen shattered everywhere. All the components on the inside were visible.

I've dropped my Xperia Z1 Compact onto concrete like 5 times now and it hasn't a scratch on it. No case on it either. Vibrator motor is fucked though.

This is BS. I broke 2 Shame slum S 6's within 3 months. Dropped a tiny piece of metal from 2 feet off the top of my desk onto it broken screen. Dropped its replacement once on concrete 3 feet at most broken screen.

My buddy used to skateboard a lot and he went through about 4 iPod touches because they would drop on the street and shatter instantly.

>mostly young women / teens who got broken screen iPhones
yeah it's that demographic now that you mention it. and OP's post is on iPhones... anyway they're bound to be more fragile since Apple doesn't make plastic shit.

I remember my friend who's so mindless with her iPhone. she forgets it's on her lap, and I'd cringe whenever it'd fall when she gets up so fast.

Idiots who don't use a case
>muh thinness

This is why I love Android phones. I can take my S7 in the shower and I abused it more times than I can count and there's not even a scratch on the OLED display.

You don't need to use a case with a properly built phone. I mean you can if you want to really baby it, but chances are 1 or 2 drops won't damage it.

>You don't need to use a case with a properly built phone.
t. brainlet

I've never used a case with a smart phone and both of mine are in pristine condition. Well, mostly. The speaker grille came unglued on the older one after about 3 years of daily use. (was badly designed)

been using iPhones caseless for 3 years now. only got scratches and scuffs on 'em.

I don't know why, though; luck seems to be on my side. my 4s fell from 6 feet face-flat but didn't shatter.

>Every phone manufacturer designs their phones fragile on purpose so consumers are more likely to buy plans, expensive cases at carrier stores, and people are more often likely to buy another phone.
There, FTFY

I hate to be the le nokia XD faggot, but seriously, perhaps most of you people don't really need a huge ass fragile screen attached to a stupidly expensive device to survive on a daily basis. If you're bored and on the go, reading a book will do. Alternatively, a cheap phone that shitposts on polynesian ivy gardening image boards just as well as any flagship will do just fine.

- You're not a photographer. If you were, you'd be lugging a DSLR everywhere.
- You don't actually play mobile games, you are not a girl. You don't even like video games, period, you are a serious businessman who runs Arch exclusively.
- You don't shoot 240 FPS 4k footage.
- You don't need a 6'' 4K screen, you'd go blind on your 24'' 1080p AH-IPS Dell monitors otherwise.

So what's your deal? Are you under the impression anybody cares about your phone? Trust me, if somebody cared about you, you wouldn't need an expensive phone.

>no case
Woah big surprise there

never had any issues with any of my iPhones screens break, pays off to have a good case and a screen protector

RIP brah

This happened after it fell out of my pocket sitting on stairs. Less than 12”.

>owning iShit
lmao

my lg g4 has a big crack across the glass because I was a idiot and put it in my breast pocket, then leaned over and it fell onto gravel
this could have been prevented by a screen protector but I never bothered to buy one

i literally had an entire fucking screaming match with people at the at&t store today because my iphone 6 screen is completely broken and they were all mexicans and al qeada who had absolutely no idea how to deal with insurance claims or upgrades. I'm so fucking sick of getting fucked over by apple but I'm just not ready to make the switch yet. Can any of you guys chinkpill me? give me reasons i should switch over to sangsum

the fuck are you on about

I always make sure to use a case and my iphone(s) have still bent, chipped, cracked and one time even shattered. stop with this fucking untrue case meme pajeet apple shill #427, you're not fooling anyone.

fpbp

>buying carrier insurance
>not buying Apple care+

You ok mate?

>buying ishit

Do you really think you'd get better service at at&t with an android phone??