I'm curious, do the opposition parties in Russia actually do anything, or are they just window dressing?

I'm curious, do the opposition parties in Russia actually do anything, or are they just window dressing?

In our country, there is so called "system opposition" and "non-system opposition". I doubt you have anything like that in the West. The "non-system opposition" is generally under heavy pressure and prosecution, it ranges from liberals to nationalists. Their parties are refused registration. The "system opposition" includes five parties: Commies, Pseudo-nationalists, pseudo-social-democrats, pseudo-left-liberals and the main party, "United Russia". The latter has all the influence (Commies come second in "elections").

That's how politics works here

A small correction: the "system opposition" only includes 4 parties. "United Russia" is the ruling party and hence not the opposition.

I can tell more to whoever is interested.. But just a bit (I'm going to sleep soon)

Thanks Ivan, I didn't know shit about russian politics until now.

What kind of percentage of people supports out-of-system parties/organizations?

I'm interested, please tell us more rusfriend

Go to sleep, my friends.

Tell me more about each "system opposition" parties. What do they want, what kind of people vote for them, etc...

zhrininovsky's party is controlled opposition. so are the commies.

what they do is propose various policies and based on the public reaction to them United Russia will or will not adopt those policies.

It's pretty interesting. I mean most russians probably know that it's controlled opposition, but it's still an interesting way for the government to throw a bunch of different ideas out there and see which ones are popular.

I know that Navalny can expect that he'll end up like Nemtsov.

They will put him in prison.

>tfw RNE is banned.

Do you have reading comprehension? They are phony parties, they all have a similar agenda of criticizing petty issues, exploting populist motives and ideas. Sometimes they vote against some unpopular decisions pa ssed by UR to creat an image of "opposition" but it doesn't really matter given that UR has the majority of seats.

oh shit, please don't do it

>Do you have reading comprehension?
wew chill out Ивaн

In your opinion, are the controlled opposition parties directly controlled by the Kremlin or are the just acquiescent because it suits them to have a nice cushy place in the system?

Everyone knows Russian opposition parties are all created by the United States. Russians don't even support them because of this reason.

Well, I don't what's worse, rotting away in prison or getting shot to death while you're walking past the Kremlin with your model gf.

Both to different proportions.

lel

is that why opposition journalists keep getting killed

is getting killed part of CIAs plan?

I bet Putin didn't want to kill Nemtsov, no one cares about Nemtsov for many years, except for chechen barbarians
the common line in pro-Putin propaganda, it's all american guilt and Putin is a savior of Russia and not guilty of anything, so who criticised him is a national traitor probably working for CIA

This is it. Here are no opposition parties. Of corse we have communism kprf party, but the head of this party just get nice communism flags and don't develop the idea. I hate it. Fuck this shit

Proofs

I bet you're a Trump supporter. Am I wrong?

Has anything changed at all after the recent protests? (Putin's election, 'march of peace' etc)

They fucked us more harder

Who orchestrates what each party does?