Internet Explorer bug leaks whatever you type in the address bar

brokenbrowser.com/revealing-the-content-of-the-address-bar-ie/

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/09/bug-in-fully-patched-internet-explorer-leaks-text-in-address-bar/

>There's a bug in the latest version of Internet Explorer that leaks the addresses, search terms, or any other text typed into the address bar.

>The bug allows any currently visited website to view any text entered into the address bar as soon as the user hits enter. The technique can expose sensitive information a user didn't intend to be viewed by remote websites, including the Web address the user is about to visit. The hack can also expose search queries, since IE allows them to be typed into the address bar and then retrieved from Bing or other search services.

>The proof-of-concept makes it transparent that the attacking website is viewing the entered text. The hack, however can easily be modified to make the information theft completely stealthy. Either way, this weakness may allow malicious sites to view information the user presumed was private. People should strongly consider using Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or another non-IE browser. In an e-mailed statement, Microsoft officials wrote: "Windows has a customer commitment to investigate reported security issues, and proactively update impacted devices as soon as possible. Our standard policy is to provide solutions via our current Update Tuesday schedule."

>Internet Explorer
Please. It's called Edge now.

Internet Explorer and Edge are two different browsers.

Idiot
Didn't know they updated the browser I thought they kept it for legacy

fpbp

IE and Edge are different?rs eglise

>Internet Explorer has a bug
NO FUCKING WAY.

Post another loli right now.

This is just reading the referrer, right guys?

says it leaks the address bar to every open website, not just the one traveled to

post another loli for good measure. and make it Sup Forums-related, this time.

does anyone besides baby boomers, pajeets and 3rd world trash use ie in 2017?

>does anyone besides baby boomers, pajeets and 3rd world trash use windows in 2017?

>:P

wasnt this a feature in chrome?

I'm still using IE unironically for all the websites I frequent daily

I think some offices might have to use them for legacy software that they can't/won't upgrade.

Why the fuck did you bump this shitty thread

Sorry, I come from /sci/ and on that board we ignore bump order and browse from the catalogue (dedicated /sci/lons ensure the front page is always canvassed with brainlet containment threads for crossboarders and Sup Forumsniggers).

The catalog is still affected by bump order, you condescending prick. And, regardless, whether you acknowledge bump or not, that doesn't change the fact that you're still reviving a thread that's better off dead.

>don't necro, thread locked

>The catalog is still affected by bump order
You can change it to sort by stuff like last long reply or creation date (might be Sup Forums x only). Either way, even sorted by bump order it's easy to skip the first set of garbage threads and browse the rest of the board. Either way, I wasn't trying to be condescending, only apologizing because I'm not familiar with Sup Forums browsing norms (/sci/ browsing norms are to browse the entire site since it's a slower board and good threads can live for weeks).

Does sage even work on Sup Forums anymore? I added it to the post but I recall moot disabling it on some/all boards cause cancer were using it as a downvote.

bump

My work does

>stop responding to threads i deem unworthy

I use ie regularly - every time I install windows, I use it to get the latest opera.

> bug leaks whatever you type in the address bar
It's not a bug, it's a feature.