Cluster/Migraine Headaches

How do my fellow Sup Forumsentlemen deal with debilitating neurological conditions and still manage to hold down jobs the require a high level of mental skill?

I suffer from cluster headaches and take large amounts of o2, plus interrupting cycles with hallucinogens. My boss is cool enough to understand the issue and gives me lots of time off.

Learning critical duties during a cycle is fucking hard as shit though.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcrm.org/nbBlog/index.php/struggling-with-migraines-try-the-plant-based-migraine-diet
nutritionfacts.org/video/ginger-for-migraines/
livestrong.com/article/116901-sugar-causing-headaches/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just don't be a fucking bitch, bitch.

I want to kill myself 24/7 but I ignore it and use work as escapism. It's like tinnitus; you just have to drown it out as long as you can.

Take the necessary actions to mitigate symptoms of the issues you have, like you described.

Sumatriptan.

have you gone to a doctor

>Go vegan
>????
>Profit
>>pcrm.org/nbBlog/index.php/struggling-with-migraines-try-the-plant-based-migraine-diet
>>nutritionfacts.org/video/ginger-for-migraines/

Research CH and come back to this
Yeah, there's no long-term cure for my condition unfortunately.
Imitrex worked for a long time but apparently I've developed some kind of immunity
I didn't know migraine sufferers had that option, thats cool. Won[t help me, but cutting out alcohol did a bit

I used to have terrible migraines. Get your thyroid checked. Also get a daith piercing. I know, sounds like gay advice, but there's a lot of anecdotal evidence that they help.

Having a healthy body through exercise and balanced eating, you're smart, you should have figured this out already

>get migraines every month
>have to spend an entire day laying in bed and throwing up
>none of the medication I got perscribed works
>always manages to interrupt my workouts and my work

This shit is the worst.

Is that your period?

I have cluster headaches too. Luckily I'm just a webdev so nothing I do required brain power.

Losing 30 pounds helped a lot with my migraines, don't take hand fulls of iboprophen.

stahp

>foods that trigger migraines
>caffeine
What? Caffeine is a common treatment for migraines.

As with everything, it's all subjective. The image seems retarded but my guess is that they're associating caffeine withdraw with migraines or the author has some kind of contraindication themselves in relation to caffeine.

>tinnitus
Thanks for ruining my day you enormous cock sucking faggot

wut

Yea I would figure out what's causing them, most of the time it is environmental/diet related. First research fasting and see if that helps before you start your journey unto a better eating voyage of lots of fruits and veggies.

>Say you have a mental illness at your job interview
>Get hired because muh diversity

Him, quite like myself, had successfully mentally blocked out the tinnitus until we read your comment.

Similarly to how you are now swallowing, breathing and blinking manually. Similarly to how you now realize there is no comfortable plot in your mouth for your tongue, it just sits there awkwardly. Did you forget that your jaw has weight, forcing you to manually hold it closed? You haven't cleared your throat in awhile either.

You faggot.

Nice try, sonny. That shit don't work on me.

>Imitrex worked for a long time but apparently I've developed some kind of immunity
Sorry to hear. Rare but it can happen. It's why I usually just take codeine and save Sumatriptan for important things.

Have you tried any of the other triptans? Naratriptan usually works. Diclofenac works for some people as well. Same with Diazepam. Triptans are the way to go though.

Sumatriptan.

None of that should affect you my dude, it's just words. Learn to control your own mind and body.

t. another ear ringer

Ibuprofen and caffeine do the trick for me. With an empty stomach, my headache is gone in 20-40 minutes.

Don't notice every time you blink. Seriously. Don't.

You're now imagining a papercut on the tip your dick. Also thinking about what it would feel like to get a papercut in your eye.

Here's one that will stick with you faggot: you hold your breath every time you poop. You'll now be thinking of my comment next time you're on the shitter.

The Game.

Also, check out that fleck on your screen that you haven't cleaned in forever. That's annoying huh.

And how you don't know what to do with your left hand now. Frustrating

Doesn't work, my dude.

You might be thinking about which direction your pupil is facing when you're trying to sleep later too. Feel that on your skin? It's an itch. It's now in a different place and you can't stop

Also, dude, did you read about those tiny little bugs on your eyelashes that you can't stop concentrating on now?

does not twerk.

And don't think about your collar bone breaking. Ouch. You're probably blinking twice as much right now too.

>How do my fellow Sup Forumsentlemen deal with debilitating neurological conditions and still manage to hold down jobs the require a high level of mental skill?
Taking regular breaks. Naps. Aerobic exercise before work. Only doing intense work for no more than 4 hours a day when fully rested and switching to less intense work and learning afterwards. Antispasmodics. Nootropics.

You seem really upset that your epic middleschool youtube comments aren't really effecting anyone

Here's one for you: you now realize how much of your life you're wasting on Sup Forums instead of going outside, learning a language, finding the girl of your dreams

I'm getting 2007 Sup Forums vibes from this thread, except that you forgot The Final Countdown.

doin' sports. take breaks. not to much coffein/drugs. go to the doctor.

Yeah you can just see the aggression with how I type right? It couldn't be that I'm getting a kick out of trolling everyone reading these.

You're still here?

>le look le mom! I'm le trolling teh interwebz xDD
I literally want you to take your own life.

Sure, because why not? There are still topics you can't discuss anywhere else in quite the same way.

>I literally eat meat at least twice per day and always have a minimum of 1 beer daily
>I get headaches once a year

do you consume sugarless drinks?

I remember when trolling meant something

idk, man, I don't think there is much discussion here. Since I found this shithole in summertime '06 there were like 2 years of top level community type shit. Since then it's all been terrible and recently it's just been Sup Forums stuff which I couldn't care less about. I don't really use the internet like I did back then either though. I don't know if it got worse or I became uninterested first.

This may (or may not) help. I cut out all sugar in my feeble attempt to lose weight, and now I get a headache if I drink a coke.

livestrong.com/article/116901-sugar-causing-headaches/
>The National Institute for Neurological Disorders and Stroke reports that food and ingredients in foods play a part in about 50 percent of migraine headaches.
>50% of migraines caused by what you eat

>expecting vegan advice to be rooted in reality
I'm surprised it doesn't list Republicans and WiFi as causing migraines.

>he only has three umad images
new + faggot= (You)

Kek, I know this is a troll but I've actually got 17 of them. I'm both proud and disappointed in myself at the same time!

ignore the vegans, it's a cult

>jimmie rustles
>2017

You know what really grinds my gears? When people have problems with old memes

stop posting ded mems on my boart

fsjal

My mother has the same problem. Ask in a pharmacy for a triptan (a class of migraine drugs) that enters your body from a route other than your intestines: sublingual, nasal spray, injection, suppositories etc.

unironically buy a 144 hurtz gaymur screen

I just down a ton of pain killers. Now the psychoisis when I run out of pills, work isn't as considerate then and I am sent home.

Not that poster but I have been on this site since near the start of 2004. Honestly the exciting years were '05 - '07, so you aren't wrong.

have you got your vision checked?

Do you have the "people are out to kill me" kind of psychosis?

Not always kill, but yes.

'08 was all right, too.

What kind of AURA do you get on the on sight of migraine? I got this glittering spot in the middle of my vision, I can't see anything behind it. Happens once/twice time per year. Usually from consuming meat day before (ribs / salami / etc.)

and also suspecting the cause could be dehydration

Sucks user, wish you all the strength

Memeology really made me think otherwise, now some other imageboards at the time were really pumping, as were some groups and IRC. Then again I am biased since I was an /i/diot until /i/ culture died in 2011, and I never was one for moral crusades or IRL protest gunk. '04 might have been cool too, but I can barely remember it because I was blackout drunk most of the time then.

See now I thought you were gonna crucify him when he said yes.

Are irrational thoughts of being murdered a sign of something? Paranoid schizo maybe?

That is only the tip of the iceberg of many many medical issues. Medicated that issue is not life ruining like it is for others. I may qualify for neetbux but I never want it because then I couldn't buy any dumb electronic do-dad I want, when I want. But thanks my man for the encouragement, I will keep at it to buy dumb things.

Totally linked, I get headaches when I forget to drink. I don't get headaches when I don't eat though.

>I may qualify for neetbux but I never want it
You have a genuine problem, but you take care of it, and are a productive member of society. IMHO, you are worth a thousand NEETs.

yes, dehydration in my case from some kind of overwhelming physical work and also happened once when I didn't eat breakfast and also lunch was too late like 2 pm

so for me:

don't eat too much, especially meat
stay hydrated during phys. activity
eat regularly
drink coffee

I have all these problems, mainly breathing and tinnitus.

I’m sitting down earlier and was like oh shit I’m manually feeling a dull pain in my legs.

Then I remembered about how that guy killed himself over feeling non stop physical pain from a mental illness.

Fuck, I hate this why does my brain do this to me.

I can tell you with certainty you're experiencing anxiety right now user. It's all good brother, go take a walk (at least get off the PC for a bit) getting out of your current headspace is the best way to combat it. I was just trolling that fag I wish you the best user.

Valium

Thanks man, it’s true I have horrible anxiety. I gotta stop staying up to 4-5 am. Need to work out. Sitting in front of work computer all day is enough.

Yeah my brain was going through that same process earlier tonight, it's why I spotted it so easily. Getting off my PC for about 5-10 minutes totally rid me of my anxiety though.

If you're like me you're probably 4-5 cups of coffee in which isn't helping either.

I drink enough caffeine during the day, probably shouldn’t. Went though a bad spell of insomnia early this year, horrid and torturous. I stopping drinking caffeine at night haha

I drink enough caffeine during the day, probably shouldn’t. Went though a bad spell of insomnia early this year, horrid and torturous. I stopping drinking caffeine at night haha

Time to try and go to bed. Cya round user.

Take it easy man have a good night

Apparently magic mushrooms help but you already mentioned hallucinogens in your post so you probably know about that.

>I want to kill myself 24/7 but I ignore it and use work as escapism. It's like tinnitus; you just have to drown it out as long as you can.

Are you me?

I get scintillating scotoma as well.

yes reprogram your brain with LSD/shrooms,
but you're risking it being even worse

yes this is the correct term, also when I get aura sometimes my hands/forearms get numb, fucking weird

Drink a shitton of water, exercise

>mfw I'm part of 1.5% of the population who gets painless migraines

Man I just found out the auras were migraine related about a month ago. Been getting them my whole life but only had a single migraine headache in my life. Thought everybody saw weird swirling colors every once and awhile.

what a waste

Excessive caffeine can cause migraines. An energy drink has like not even 50mg. Coffee has like 40. Tablets have 200mg caffeine in them, when I take two I get a migraine.

> being this obsessed with numbers
Get tested faggot

Yeah I get that sometimes as well. Also the scotoma and numbness is always on the opposite side that the migraine pain is on.

>have to spend an entire day laying in bed and throwing up

Next time you get one, instead of lying in bed, try sitting on a couch where you can lean your head back/to the side. It helps with both the pain and the nausea; I used to throw up about 50% of the time when I would lie down, but I haven't barfed since I started sitting up about 2 years ago.

>b-but my auras and colors
>technology
Neck yourself.

Kek, that wasn't even me who told you to get tested. That user thinks you're a faggot too.

STOP WASTING MY REPEATING DIGITS REEEEEEEEEEEE

Happy now? Feel included because you got repeating digits? Christ

I was actually making fun of that guy too. Pretty fitting post to get trips on though.