De-botnet windows 10

Getting a win10 laptop soon. Should I go with home or pro edition for ~$50 more? Is there a way to defer updates on home edition so I don't have to spend more money on pro? Also what's the best way to de-botnet it in 2017?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/windows-diagnostic-data
tunecomp.net/disable-automatic-reboot-after-updates-installation-in-windows-10/
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/upgrade/windows-10-edition-upgrades
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>debotnet win10
Impossible because the moment you update, they will deliberately break it again, go with LGBT version if you must use win10

>debotnet in general
That's a big topic

takes 10-15 min to debotnet windows 10, even a monkey could do it

>de-botnet
>windows 10
That's an oxymoron

unless you recompile a ton of code,you might be able to debotnet it, otherwise without access to the source code you're pretty much screwed by default

use the fucking msmg toolkit or whatever just install void linux faggot

Just dual boot win/linux
Do personal stufs ans sensible information on linux.
Do works stuff ans games on win.

Its not botnet if u dont give any info.

least botnetted is LTSB. if you live in the EU (selling used software is a right) you can get a legit key off ebay for few Eurones.

So long as the internals are the same, go for home, and then install whichever linux distro you prefer.

I remember hearing about some program that disables all the telemetry, does anyone remember the name of it? Also is there a way to delay updates on home?

Nothing disables all the telemetry. Without access to the source code, any company that guarantees this is lying.

lol

>De-botnet windows 10
There is lirerally the only way and that isto disconnect and never connect to internet, also screen the computer.

Your hardware is backdoored anyway.

I think updates are more of a pain in the ass on home. You also don't have the same ability to use the group policy editor to de-botnet. So to answer the original question, you would need to go pro. It can't be known for certain what's still collected even after following whatever guides you find online, but once you remove the bloat, cortana, and don't sign in, it's not that bad

Has anyone actually analysed what W10 is sending back to Microsoft?

Enterprise and your favourite kms activator. Some settings only work on Enterprise.
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services

>they will deliberately break it again
Never happened to me.

Microsoft themselves did docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/windows-diagnostic-data

Dude are you retarded? This guy suggested the same thing as you. Which is windows enterprise lstb. And microsoft does re-enable their botnet after every update on pro and home

But I am not suggesting LTSB because it doesn't get feature upgrades. Why would you give up WSL?

>Hey guys how do I de-botnet an OS centered entirely around telemetry and data sharing of it's user?

You don't. There is no 100% surefire way. You simply minimize how much personal data you plug into that OS and use it only for it's windows applications. My windows 10 install was mandatory because I bought Ryzen. I use it for nothing other than games, video editing applications, and I have a single folder if smug anime girl images.

Just installed W10 yesterday, should have gone with LTSB one. I'm pirating it really hard and I don't give a fuck, I'll probably switch back to 7 in a few days. Can I postpone updates indefinitely? Or it will shove updates down my throat once I delayed it for a while?

It will eventually force updates on you unless you remove/deactivate the windows updater. Which means no updates at all.

I have windows 10 pro, (which actually abides by group policy changes unlike home or home premium) and I changed a few things so that I still have updates forced on me, but the PC will not auto-restart ever.

How do you do that so you get the updated but it doesn't auto restart?

That's something at least. Auto-reboot makes me wanna puke.

W10 Pro would be a better choice then? I mean, compared to the LTSB. I'll be upgrading my machine to a ryzen system soon and I'm not sure if Seven would still be a viable choice. I'm planning on dual boot, making windows for gaymus only, hence I need it to be the most hassle free experience.

If I get a laptop with Windows 10 home can I upgrade to pro with a cheap OEM key? Or do I need a disk?

tunecomp.net/disable-automatic-reboot-after-updates-installation-in-windows-10/

I set mine through the task scheduler. This method works with all windows 10 versions if I'm not mistaken. This guide also covers group policy changes which only work on pro and Enterprise
Ltsb I'm assuming is Enterprise? If so you just have windows 10 like anyone else except I think Cortana is missing. And whether 7 is better than 10 is irrelevant because drivers and support of Ryzen on windows 7 is sketchy at best. You're considered lucky if you can even get it to install in the first place. Plus 7 has no DX12, and with Ryzen and it's many threads, you'll want that for gaming.

You'd need the disc. Home and pro are entirely different .ISO files. Microsoft has the .ISO files for all their OS on their main site for free download if I'm not mistaken. Then you'd just need a pro key. But honestly, unless there is some very specific feature you need pro over home for, don't bother.

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/upgrade/windows-10-edition-upgrades
You can upgrade by just entering a new key.

Huh no shit. I stand corrected then. So what, does MS just ship out pro to everyone but without the pro key, you get limited functionality?

>And whether 7 is better than 10 is irrelevant because drivers and support of Ryzen on windows 7 is sketchy at best. You're considered lucky if you can even get it to install in the first place. Plus 7 has no DX12, and with Ryzen and it's many threads, you'll want that for gaming.

Dude, you install Windows 7 in a Ryzen PC exactly the same way you do in any other computer. Through the USB 2.0 or a DVD drive.

And it just works, not sure what you're into.

>least botnetted is LTSB
Does that stand for Long Term Servicing Botnet?

Except no because the windows 7 install will bitch about drivers missing no matter what. ASRock even made a tool or utility to be able to install 7 on Ryzen boards. I've tried slip stewing a driver during the install. Tried making a boot USB with the drivers on there. Nothing worked.

Granted I have an Asus board, but I digress

>Paying for Windows.
You have to go back

>Being a filthy degenerate pirate

You're garbage.

People worth a damn get windows for free, dumb teenager.

> People worth a damn
And said people also don't waste their time posting lies on a Vietnamese Yarn spinning forum either

Windows 7 has no USB or network drivers for ryzen OOTB. Unless you have a motherboard with an external controller for some of the ports, it's not going to work right. Windows 7 will refuse to install over USB almost no matter what. It's extremely difficult to get it to work, especially if you have no PS/2 keyboard, ODD, or any other way to get files onto the storage drive.

I once booted a Windows 7 install on my R7 machine. It's really not worth the effort to get it working right.

Pro is being gimped now as they remove useful GPOs from it particularly the ones related to botnet (you can still do things with registry fucking, but it's not very nice). I'd say unless you have access to Education license or want to pirate Enterprise - wait and see what they will do next. Next update is rolling out on 17th and they already stated some new retarded SKU is coming (Pro for Workstations).

That's what I was getting at. The amount of hassle coupled with various missing features and hardware support of 7 vs 10. It's not impossible of course, just a pain in the ass