Educate me on Scotish history, especially the Highlands

Educate me on Scotish history, especially the Highlands.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xan2xU-ZFic
youtube.com/watch?v=M_9FHihGD2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=CTiXrPWRAvg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

wallace was actually a lowlander that wore pants

Lothian was part of Northumbria and is English clay

The pigdog English blackmailed the clan chief landowners and made the rent increase on the land. This made the poor Gaelic speaking farmers leave en masse into Canada and the USA. I have traced my ancestry on both sides of my family to the Highlands. They left in the early 1800s.
If the clearances never happened, Scotland would still be a Gaelic language haven.

Shithole full of drug addicts
Lowlanders are Englishmen that wear skirts

Lowlanders are anglo-saxons that didn't get cucked by the french and named themselves scots to differentiate from their cucked kin

Uncle scrooge was a rich guy

Uncle scrooge, Desmond Hume, Celtic Vs Rangers

See you in another thread, brother

>Lowlanders are anglo-saxons that didn't get cucked by the french

>the Scottish crown practically replaces the entire nobility with Norman imports
>not cucked by the French
>mfw

The Highlanders were nigger-tier savages who were hated by the Lowlanders. Actually, nigger-tier is an insult to niggers. The Zulus at least fought with some form of tactics. The Highlanders were a bunch of primitives who couldn't into firearms as well, but their only battle strategy was to charge at the enemy head on.

Anyway, the Lowlanders crushed them after Bonnie Prince Charlie's rebellion (I say 'rebellion'. It was more an invasion of the Lowlands and England by the Highlanders), and mostly managed to stamp out their culture. Now Scottish nationalism is a thing again the Lowlanders blame all this on the English.

empty, quiet, green, misty,
it is quite beautiful though

Those islands in the west is the homeland of the MacDonalds, who are basically the Greyjoys from Game of Thrones.

They were traditionally Lords of the Isles and have a history of failed rebellions against the crown.

Average Scottish people:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xan2xU-ZFic
youtube.com/watch?v=M_9FHihGD2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=CTiXrPWRAvg

Do scottish people still speak Scots?

tell them that they are anglo-saxons and they will scream bloody murder in your face goddamn I understand not wanting to be associated with the cucked but you gotta be honest

yes they teach it in class by telling you to speak English wrong on purpose, it's hilarious actually

Their accent its so ugly

That's a Glaswegian accent

It sounds a lot different to other Scottish accents because there are so many Irish immigrants in Glasgow

This is a new thing though

100 years ago Scots were the biggest British nationalists in the country

A lot of it has to do with Irish immigration which sort of rekindled the old scot/gael/prod/pape divides

Nothing to do with English landowners

The landowners were all Lowland Scots

The King of Scotland forced Highland chieftans to send their sons to the lowlands for education from the beginning of the 17th century onwards

The Lowlanders actively stamped out Gaelic culture for religious reasons

>100 years ago Scots were the biggest British nationalists in the country
>A lot of it has to do with Irish immigration which sort of rekindled the old scot/gael/prod/pape divides

I got the impression it was the end of the Empire, deindustrialization and the decay of the welfare state that weaken the bonds of the Union.