Washers are technology. I must buy one for my new apartment. I live alone

washers are technology. I must buy one for my new apartment. I live alone.

Front loader or top loader?

Other urls found in this thread:

consumerreports.org/washing-machines/lg-settles-front-loader-washer-mold-lawsuit/
youtube.com/watch?v=SFV8EsfsZs0
consumerreports.org/washing-machines/settlement-in-front-loader-mold-case/
lieffcabraser.com/defect/bosch-washers/
youtube.com/watch?v=TyVIudw2N9A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

top loader is retarded american shit, how are you supposed to stack the dryer on that

Stack that bitch.

what? I thought front loader was an american invention.

They also make ones for faggots.

America is the only country that still uses top loaders.

>bending over to put your clothes the front jew loader

How do you get you clothes out of a top loader without bending over it?

that looks pretty dangerous if you live in a placer with a lot of earthquakes

topload uses more water and stretches your clothes more

Top loaders use less water, finish quicker and don't get mold like front ones. Only get a front loader if you live in a tiny yuropoor apartment and want to stack your dryer on top like this fag

It really isn't

Wrong, it's the other way around. Top loaders use less water and are more gentle on the clothes

Top loader, front loader door gasket will wear out. Listen to me, you fucking fruit loop

It's out of necessity.

Think how hard it must be for the average american to bend their pudgy mass over.

>Top loaders use less water
Please, leave the technology board, autistic Sup Forumsard.

but in the movies you see people using front loaders

>use less water
No it doesn't. Front loading design allows for better water regulation.

you are wrong, man.

Front Loader:
>cleaner clothes
>less strain in clothes
>less water because gravity and shit
>less noisy
>more expensive
>longer cycles

Top Loader:
>Bigger capacities
>shorter cycles
>less expensive (unless you buy HE one)
>don't have to bend to get clothes (unless you are a midget)
>cannot stack
>more energy
>you will look like a faggot using one

Quick rundown for you:
Germans - best quality and good features
Koreans/Japs - good quality and best features
Americans - shit quality and okay features
Swedish/Italians - below shit quality and subpar features

Bosh > Samsung > Whirpool > shit Italian brand

makes sense

if you live somewhere with a lot of earthquakes it's dangerous anyway. what's your point?

Front loader. Top loaders remain a thing only in US, I believe, and only in the bottom segment, front loaders had driven them out of market in other segments.

I live in southamerica and here we only have top loaders. HALP!

when and earthquake happens I will have to pay for a new house, I don't want to pay for a new washer and dryer.

>pay for a new house
>the land of silicon valleys and space explorers still can't figure out how to not build housing out of sticks and glue
absolutely based

I live in a house that uses a cesspool. I need to use front loading even though I fucking hate them to conserve water.

Front loading a shit; the maintenance required is fucking awful.

We know how, its just cheaper so its the norm.

really? is it more difficult to maintain?

your hands and soap

Still living the dream, comrade?

Stop buying McMansions and you'll be fine, you schmuck.

You need to keep the doors open on the washing machine at all times, and clean down the rubber seal. Otherwise you'll get mold and mildew lightning fast. It's just annoying; I grew up with top loading machines and you don't even need to think about maintenance. But these LG frontloaders are delicate motherfuckers. Already had to replace the computer board twice because they somehow keep getting flooded.

Maybe I think frontloaders are shit because LG is shit. But who knows.

wrong

how can you open front loader when you want to reuse the water? like mats or cum rags?

Forgot to upload pic. This is my model. If you're thinking of buying one, don't.

I think LG is not a good point of reference, user.

Yes, toploaders are also excellent to make soup after the wash is over.

Probably. I ended up with mold and mildew everywhere, thought it was a problem with the machine. Called LG and the person on the phone said:

>are you wiping the entire inside drum down after each wash? you should take a dry towel and ensure the entire machine is dry after each use.

I'll be fucked if I have to spend that much time maintaining a washing machine when literally any other variant has no such problem. Almost went thermonuclear when the rep told me it was my fault.

/thread
pls no bully

>are you wiping the entire inside drum down after each wash? you should take a dry towel and ensure the entire machine is dry after each use.

what? I have a top loader and I never did that. It worked like a charm for almost 10 years. I guess front loaders are really bad.

I grew up with top loaders my entire life. And because my dad's job had us moving around a lot, I've used a LOT of different machines.

Needless to say, this LG piece of shit is the first machine I've ever had to actively give a fuck about. The features are really nifty, don't get me wrong, but "don't need to worry about machine"-ability far outweighs "steams your clothes".

I've had front loaders my entire life an no mold ever happened.
I just let the door ajar after the washing so it dries.
What the fuck are you retards doing with your washing machines?

Bitches dont know about miele

Top loaders break more easily if your clothes weigh too much. Front loaders are the way to go desu.

I leave the door open and everything. Mold still grows like crazy. It's why I gave LG a call and the reason why I'm furious that they tell me I need to dry it down after each use.

I have an LG one too.
Never had problems with mold.

consumerreports.org/washing-machines/lg-settles-front-loader-washer-mold-lawsuit/

Imagine a water bottle that had the hole in the middle center instead of at the top.

That's how retarded front loading machines are.

>wiping the entire inside drum down after each wash
What the absolute fuck. The only thing you need to do with a front loader is clean the lint trap once every few months/years.

>Top loaders remain a thing only in US, I believe
Top loaders are the norm in China, probably because they're cheap and because fucking nobody owns a dryer

>the maintenance required is fucking awful.
cleaning the lint filter? those things are nasty

>LG a shit
samsung owner here, can confirm

My front loader has been fine for the 8 years I've owned it, but I grew up with the cunts and knew not to close the door and leave it for ages when it's wet inside.

Same goes for a dishwasher if you have one. Don't be like my idiot mate who left it sitting three days after it finished and wondered why everything smelled weird when he cracked it open...

new fancy ones will now dry themselves after washing

i still prefer top loaders

I live in Japan, both my washing machines are top loaders

youtube.com/watch?v=SFV8EsfsZs0

>user missed out on a hundred bucks
Welp.

Front loaders can be stacked on top of each other to save space.
Front loaders are objectively superior because of this.

>top loader
>more energy
lel, what is simple physics?

front loader uses more energy because it has to push the water against the gravity
while top loader only spins the water

Or you can just hang your dryer on the wall and use whatever the fuck you please beneath it

>being a spacelet

If you honestly give a fuck you’ve already lost in life. Both wash your fucking clothes. Who cares?!

mold develops if you close it shut when still moist rather than letting it dry. doesn't matter where the door is.

>not stacking them so you can put a beer fridge next to them

There's been a whole lawsuit over this. LG machines did not properly drain the water. You'd end up with half a gallon of water inside the tub and gaskets. Half a gallon of water won't evaporate in enough time before the next load so you're machine is just constantly damp and grows mold. The rubber gasket also retains water and there's no method of draining except taking a towel and wiping it down.

Have you been to Hong Kong? Literally every household uses top loaders.

when your house falls down everything inside is trashed anyway, top loading or not.

nope.
front loader uses less water because it doesn't have to cover the clothes as the clothes are rotated through the water. most of the energy is needed to heat the water. more water, more energy.
also front loaders can spin faster because the forces are partially negated through gravity and the floor. thus the clothes are more effectively dried, drying also uses a lot of energy.

>shitty machine doesn't drain properly
still doesn't matter where the door is. they all have their drains in the bottom.

>implying it's not comfy

>people actually wasting money and space on washing machines

Just wash them on the fucking shower you consumerist fucks.

Top Load cuz the Bosch ones are expensive

>average yurobean poster

I don't get your point. Are you trying to shift the blame on me for this problem or what?

>t. overlooked third-worlder

the placement of the door doesn't affect mold development, hence mold is not a valid argument.

ah, you have one of those gimmick washer/dryer 2 in 1.

Of course it will have a lot of problems. Being LG is just another red flag.

But you're wrong because the problem only existed with LG's frontloaders, not their toploaders.

No, I don't. It's a separate washing and drying machine.

Oh, OK. Never had LG, and after this never will.

kek, it really makes you think.

It's a problem with a very series of front loaders. There are top loaders where the motor breaks when you look at them wrong. Doesn't mean all of them are shit.

consumerreports.org/washing-machines/settlement-in-front-loader-mold-case/
lieffcabraser.com/defect/bosch-washers/

>Whirlpool
>Maytag
>Kenmore
>LG
>Bosch
>Siemens

Weird all these manufactures faced lawsuits for shitty front loading washing machines. It's almost like the inherit design of how front loaders dry is flawed.

top, front loader needs you to squat like a pajeet trying to take a shit and if you have shitty knees because you are fat like all americans are, you wont be able to squat and have to kneel down which makes it seems like you're worshipping a fucking washer

It's all about some specific models.
If mold were an inherent problem of front loading design instead of a fuck up by the manufacturer they wouldn't have lost the lawsuit.

My time costs more than washing machine

>inherit design of how front loaders dry
bitch, are you retarded? they have a drain at the bottom.

silly spacelet, that's a huge waste of time and water

if you're too poor or the cuckshed you call home can't fit a machine, go spend a shekel or two at a laundromat and use their machine instead

Gee, thanks for clarifying that user. If only you were there to tell the massive corporate lawyers for Bosch, Whirlpool, LG, etc. that. Then they never would have had to settle!

Fucking idiot. At least understand the problem first before throwing your shit suggestions around.

I used to work for a major American appliance manufacturer in a corporate roll (not an assembly line worker or whatever), and I'd buy top loaders every time. All the major manufacturers have problems with mold growth on front load washers.

Also in terms of quality Korean is a shit. Samsung is technically better than LG, which is total garbage. German are fine, other European manufacturers are very mixed. American manufacturers still make good products but they also make a bunch of cheap shit.

It does not really matter, though front loaders are standard. Definitely get a Miele, this is the only acceptable quality for consumer products.

Front loaders only make sense if you stack them. Determine if the 9sqf of space is worth the extra cost to you.

>cannot stack
They may not be as good as front loaders for stacking but this is patently wrong.

With a garbage picker you euro pleb.

tell me about how the problem of draining water out of a partially filled metal box depends on whether the door is in the top or on the front.

Top loader. I fell for the front loader meme when I first bought my house. Have to leave the door open so you can delay the onset of mildew, special cleaning tablets you have to buy and run once a month, can't just open to throw in a missing sock mid wash. Nope never again, gonna be all top loader from now on

Front load washers have gaskets around the door because they need to be water tight. The mold grows under, on, and around those gaskets.

>the virgin apartment washing machine

The door on the front requires a gasket to waterproof the seal during operation. The gasket gets flooded during operation. Once the tub drains, the gasket retains the water. There is too much water so that by the next load, water is still within the gasket. Thus, the gasket never full dries. Thus, mold grows.

Read the fucking articles you inbred eurocuck. Holy shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=TyVIudw2N9A

>>bending over to put your clothes the front jew loader

I squat.
And I'm not even a slav.

I just bought a house at tax sale. I just had to buy a fridge, dishwasher and oven. Still need a sink, garbage disposal, and I want to change the hot water heater to a gas one cause electric is shit Iw as mad because there is no gas in the kitchen and in order to run has to it I would have to drill through two block walls and a bunch of other shit. I was also too poor to buy a nice induction oven. You have to buy tax sale houses cash the day you win the auction, and I won't be living here for too long hopefully.
The only thing in the house that still works are the old Maytag washer and dryer. I replaced a few parts, cleaned them out and they work well enough.

How fat are you?

then replace it, you worthless shit

But I don't wear garbage.