Blog time

Blog time.
>Got new job
>they asked me if I wanted a new laptop
>choose between "windows" and "mac"
>asked for a Mac because I already have an XPS 15 with Linux for important stuff
>get top specced rMBP 15'
>for free

What can I do with it? Can't sell it

Into the trash it all goes.

Install loonix

Use it for work.
Play the few games that are available for Mac but not Linux.

they probably want it back at the end of your employment, ask them about it

My thinkpad doesn't even need a case I just throw it in any bag and never worry about dents or scuffs, I wouldn't want a macbook for this reason alone.

ship it to me, I always wanted to try out their os. I was looking to buy a '13 mbpro as it's one of the few modern laptops without the dreadful 16:9 ratio... they still want a fucking thousand dollars!!? How is this possible? lol

>>get top specced rMBP 15'
>>for free
Give it back.

If you're retarded enough for this to occur, you didn't deserve a Laptop in the first place.

Cheaper now to manufacture 169 screens due to their pleb popularity. Not the best for actual productivity tho.

I don't get it..

You do realize that a Mac runs BSD underneath?
That you can do pretty much anything you can do on Linux, but you also have crazy good graphics, can run programs that you can't run on Linux like photoshop, you have a really nice package manager and the hands down the best customer support in the world? And all that for free?!

Please don't be a brainlet and judge Mac by it's retarded users, it's a great all in one package. I'm a linux guy myself and I find macs to expensive, but I had to use one every now and then and it's good fun, if you start digging deeper. There's more than just eye candy on macs..

I was actually asking about exclusive stuff for Macs. Windows has games, Linux has painless CUDA development, what do Macs have?

>you have a really nice package manager
are you talking about homebrew...?

it seems the ssd might be faulty, a it doesn't boot up

Pretty sure it has lots of music software that isn't availible on other OS and other artsy shit like that. There is also the obvious facetime and iMessage if you have friends or family who are iSheep.

You use it for work.

>putting work related crap on your personal laptop
Great way to accidentally expose sensitive work related info.

Work gives me a macbook too, I use it for, y'know... work.

Its a unix system, so its fine if you know linux, but you have to install homebrew if you want a package manager.

Learn Mac OS? Learn Objective C? Write an iPhone app in XCode?

Can I have it?

shove it up your ass

>using anything other than foobar2000

imessage, but really you should probably just install linux

IMO, a super pleasant user experience, ease of use, and the Apple professional suite of software.

>Citation need

I meant for creating music you nigger. music players are irrelevant