So I updated from Firefox 56.0 to 57.0 beta 3 and I saw NoScript was removed. What are good alternatives Sup Forums?

So I updated from Firefox 56.0 to 57.0 beta 3 and I saw NoScript was removed. What are good alternatives Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.mozilla.org/addons/2017/08/01/noscripts-migration-to-webextensions-apis/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Doesn't uBlock Origin also block scripts?

NoScript? What year is it?

Go to about:config and enable extensions.legacy.enabled

what is it, is ublock is full fledged noscript replacement or not?

also does it work with adblock+ or does that have to be replaced as well?

why is it legacy, tho. and if it really is, shouldnt one switch to some alternative?

Not. uBlock is an ABP replacement. uMatrix is a NoScript replacement. Both are far better than the addons they replaced.

Also, NoScript is being ported.

just tried uMatrix out, couldnt get captcha to work D:

will stick with noscript for the time being (which also has additional features not found in umatrix)

PEBKAC

>why is it legacy, tho. and if it really is, shouldnt one switch to some alternative?
Legacy refers to the old XUL extensions, that won't work anymore when firefox 57 goes stable

>Legacy refers to the old XUL extensions, that won't work anymore when firefox 57 goes stable

They already don't work in Firefox 57 aka "Quantum" that was released yesterday, the two variables to enable legacy and unsigned/unverified addons and extensions is no longer supported.

tl;dr If you haven't upgraded to Firefox 57 at this point and want your older legacy addons and extensions to work DO NOT UPGRADE because once you do that's it, they're dead.

you might as well not have said anything.

obviously umatrix can be used with captcha, so whats your point besides being a smartass?
if you wanted, you could have avoided being a totally useless pile of shit and provided some hints at how to set captcha up (which scripts to allow)

By now most folks around here are well aware that reCAPTCHA is provided and owned by Google so, obviously one would also suspect that anything related to Google (except the fucking Analytics BS) should be allowed so that reCAPTCHA works properly.

But then again, that requires at least some intelligence to comprehend so, good luck with that.

open about:config and turn the >extensions.legacy.enabled true

thanks

Switch to Waterfox.

Tip: enable Legacy Captcha (Sup Forums settings).
Takes fewer rules in uMatrix to unbreak.

Legacy extensions are already enabled by default.
They won't be disabled until Firefox 57.

OP's extension probably broke because of legit compatibility issues.

It's still a work in progress
blog.mozilla.org/addons/2017/08/01/noscripts-migration-to-webextensions-apis/

Switch to Brave you niggers.

>Chromium based

Yes.

ABP is garbage. Use uBlock Origin.

wtf is 3rd party scripts?

is there a benefit to developer version if i have no plans on developing anything myself?

wtf is the difference between firefox quantum and firefox nightly?

My Nightly doesn't open anymore.
What can I do?

why didn't my logo change wtf?

>5 addons

is it even better than chrome? opened both and looked at task manager and its like the same thing

Had the same problem, had to go the nightly page and download the installer again and it works now.

Scripts that get loaded from a different url than the one you are browsing, like some external js video players for example

Seriously, just switch to uBlock and don't look back.

I switched from AdBlock, and fuck, my browsers performance improved ten fold.

anyone use ghostery? does it do anything or placebo? it says its blocking shit like google analytics and whatever else but i dont know if i should even care at this point if its slowing my browser

Brave doesn't have this problem.

I tried updating, it restarts firefox but it still stays in the same version im now

Ghostery is cancer. Sells your info, is a shittier alternative to other addons here.