There's no difference between cheap and expensive hdmi cables

>there's no difference between cheap and expensive hdmi cables

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/449840/MuvLuv_Alternative/
youtube.com/watch?v=MjJzibFTaqA&t=5m30s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah i just saw Linus's video on that cable.

>paying the difference between a low tier and a mid tier graphics card (which would give you AA plus more) for some AA
Epic
It would be a decent deal for $30.

You could just spend $120 on a better GPU though and have better AA in game.

>$120 FXAA cable

but what if it's used on a maximized gpu setup like
quad Quadro SLI or something

Then you turn up the AA in the control panel, retard.

rude desu
but does the cable give more AA though

So how much of a delay does this add to input?

still cheaper than $350 monster goldplated 99.999% oxygen free silver plated wire 5 metre cables, but you're paying a $110 difference for some shitty aa where $110 is a significant gpu upgrade which will give you far better image quality than just the lowest quality aa available

it's a gimmick for consoles

So it's an HDMI cable that blurs the video??

Not that guy but running AA over something that's already had AA applied is not a good thing. There's a limit to how useful it is.

Diminishing returns and post-AA is way worse than native AA.

It actually makes sense for consoles, where you can't increase AA just by throwing money at the problem.

>it's a gimmick for consoles
True, but if you're going to spend the extra cash, might as well just get a gaming PC. Unless you're upscaling some Nintendo Switch game that won't be emulated until next week.

It would only be useful if you owned a WiiU or a Switch

Can GIMP/Photoshop antialias a picture doesn't making it look loke shit? If no this cable is a total failure as in not better/worse quality of picture

If you still play a PS3/360 this cable would be a excellent purchase (as most of those games have no AA and low resolutions).

You can enable FXAA in your GPU's control panel to get an idea of what this does, it's shitty.

>$119 for some post-AA
>excellent purchase
lol

not a bad purchase for consoles, as long as the console doesnt cost half the price of the HDMI cable

Outside of physical cable quality (Doesn't fray easily and can take some abuse). There's no difference.

huh, apparently some TVs have something like AA built-in

I'd buy it for my Switch if it was $50 or less.

cable for consolefags.

literally this

There's a DSP in this one
Probably laggy as fuck

From the videos it looks like it adds some sort of contrast/image configuration (like a monitor's settings) to various games/shows.

It works well in a few cases but for the money, might as well get a better display/GPU/or PC (talking to you consoles).

Basipally: it's an overpriced meme

Would be a better deal for PS2 games through PS2 hdmi, or even an N64 HDMI if you got your modded

For $119 it's a horrible purchase no matter what.

The contrast changes are most likely from the marketer trying to make it look better than it really is, pretty common tactic.

pcsx2 is a better deal if you want to play ps2 games

I don't want my cable molesting my video signal.

might as well just emulate those consoles

Keep in mind the N64 uses post-processing AA by default, so you would have to install the patch that removes it first.

>>there's no difference between cheap and expensive hdmi cables
Not true. Some cables are absolute rubbish; the higher price is no guarantee of quality.

Why the FUCK, can HDMI cables have hardware anti-aliasing, but Graphics Cards and Game Consoles don't?

Also, fuck MSAA, resource heavy shit that doesn't even delet most edges.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's "Temporal Anti-Aliasing" and "Sharpen" did it right, with no performance loss whatsoever.

I pre-ordered this cable to use with my Ps3. Been using it for a while now and it makes a significant difference in games that look like shit. Specifically Nier and Drakengard 3, which are both extremely jaggy. Input lag is nonexistent, but I still wouldn't use it with my PC

What are you talking about? You can enable AA in any game you want through the GPU's control panel.

I disable post AA whenever I get the chance. Why would I buy a cable that does shit I don't want?

Graphics cards yes, consoles are usually too old or too shitty.

>confusing msaa with fxaa
top kek.

Sup Forums is so fucking cancerous there's literally a bunch of worthless faggots shilling fucking $100 hdmi cords... just... wow.

damn nigga you retarded

He didn't
MSAA is resource intensive as fuck and barely helps, FXAA has essentially 0% performance impact yet looks like vaseline was smeared everywhere

Honesly this whole concept would be better off if it weren't just a cable and was instead a box with a power brick, multiple inputs and a single output. That way, you wouldn't feel turbocucked by the price tag. And you wouldn't have stupid threads like these.

It would still be a terrible deal, even worse in fact since you're wasting space with a fucking box doing nothing but lame post-AA.

>Game Consoles don't
They do, and they even did in PS3/X360 days
2x or 4x AA is pretty standard on PS4 games

wait, you're telling me that hardware anti-aliasing is a thing (without performance loss)

then why the fuck doesn't the public know about this??????????? And why the FUCK does all idiot techtube benchmark reviewers use 8XMSAA when it's objectively garbage and kills 80% of FPS????????????????

dumb Sup Forumsermin

This sounds horrible, why the fuck would I want a cable which adds non-optional image processing? Maybe it might be decent for consoles where you can't tweak shit, but not for PC.

Post-AA is very cheap but sucks compared to MSAA, if you want cheap and half decent-looking then use SMAA.

Only thing I see it being useful for is consoles. Though sadly consoles do their own upscaling, so it won't work unless you lower the whole resolution on the console, that suck because some games actually run at 1080p/900p while you will only gain advantages on 720p games/content with this cable.

IT'S A DIGITAL SIGNAL

>Why the FUCK, can HDMI cables have hardware anti-aliasing, but Graphics Cards and Game Consoles don't?
Anti Aliasing has been build into the GPU's for over two decades now.
You used to even have specs what hardware anti aliasing it can do, like doing 4x fine in hardware, but if you choose 8x it will do it in software.

Are you a fucking tech illiterate or Sup Forumstard?

>ps3

Get a ps4 broke cunt

>no backwards compatibility
>nothing but Bloodborne, remasters and weebshit
>paid online
The PS4 is inferior to the PS3 in every way except graphics.

>having to change console resolution every time you want to play a different game

I own both and no, they don't replace each other. Problem?

Putting DSP chip into a HDMI cable is fucking pants on head stupid.

Leave the DSP in the receiver(better shielding/isolation). The cable just has to transmit the data from Point A to B.

anti aliasing as an obscuring algorithm is placebo for nigger retards.

You're right. Aliased graphics look wonderful.

Haven't affluent assholes had options for 1000+ dollar HDMI cables for years now?

Meanwhile my 15 dollar Monster cables work just as well as the generic factory cable that came with my GPU.

m'cable

no amount of aliasing can save it. it's the trash bin for that game altogether.

get standards.

I'm not sure if they've had built in post processing anti aliasing in their upscalers before, but it's still not worth a cool 150 bucks.

They need one for RCA

uhh yes he did you retard.

>Why the FUCK, can HDMI cables have hardware anti-aliasing, but Graphics Cards and Game Consoles don't?

I need to look into the particulars of why these cables are worth what they are.

Also, now that cables are getting processors, can we expect to see $5000 dollar cables on the market in the future?

>not putting a threadripper 1950x into your hdmi cable
fucking cablelets

It seems to me that the only kinds of people who would spend that kind of money on an HDMI cable are people like douchenozzle related.

I never understood this webm! If it's too loud turn it down, don't torture yourself from patreon bucks!

The guy is a retard but the thing with audio is that the better your speakers are the easier it is to notice imperfections, same with higher resolution screens for example.

Yeah, but there are also plenty of titles where companies sacrificed AA for other things like more stuff rendered on screen or open world memes

sup 1 ms

it's implied that the headphone is painfully bad

Half Life 2 was made in 2004, nigger.

>adding even more input lag to realtime applications
casual gamers are filth

He's a contratian Sup Forums nigger who only has the best standards :^)
Meanwhile he probably thinks shit like this is GOTY
store.steampowered.com/app/449840/MuvLuv_Alternative/

Now I kind of want a cable that takes 8k input and then downsamples it to your monitor's resolution.

it looked like shit when it came out. you were just a retard with an iv drip to games.

the idea that shit looks worse over time is ridiculous. how do you justify this to yourself? I don't want to know. your mind is poison.

>it's another episode of autists don't understand hyperbole

That's called multisample anti-aliasing aka MSAA the thing that any graphics card supports.

You could wipe your ass with a t-shirt, too.

That's called a bidet aka the thing that any bathroom has.

What's the delay, an hour?

it's the same as any other HDMI

youtube.com/watch?v=MjJzibFTaqA&t=5m30s

It's because he was surprised the headphone sounded so bad. He's actually a pretty cool guy, I hate how he's become the face of audiophiles on the net just for that one webm.

enjoy your extra botnet

>$119 cable has latency

>jewishtechtips
g-guys this cable is 100% epik, pls buy so i can get my commission

You're actually very wrong...
I understand the sentiment - but the person you posted would never use a cable like that since their autism wouldn't allow it - the OP cable interferes with and changes the signal from the output before it hits the display.
The person you posted would spend literally hundreds of thousands of dollars in stupid witchcraft bullshit to make sure that the signal was 'pure' as possible with nothing interfering with it (even natural phenomena).
It's the literal opposite.

>Can GIMP/Photoshop antialias a picture doesn't making it look loke shit?
generally you want antialiasing in rotations in degrees not divisible by 90

linus shill tips say less than 1 ms

You have a pretty shit taste, m8 - Shit looks terrible
Also, everyone knows the best AA quality-wise is SSAA hands down

>unironically believing that statement

>"it must be true!"

What are you talking about? HL2 AA worked great for me.

Damn, now I want to play the whole saga again. Well done, user.

>I need to look into the particulars of why these cables are worth what they are.
They aren't.

Plus you can literally get the same effect on FXAA by reducing the sharpness of your television.

>only 119 bucks for a vaseline filter!
what a great deal