I am looking for an audio interface.Can't decide between Steinberg UR22 MKII and Roland Rubix22...

I am looking for an audio interface.Can't decide between Steinberg UR22 MKII and Roland Rubix22? Got any recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

music-group.com/Categories/Behringer/Computer-Audio/Audio-Interfaces/UMC202HD/p/P0BJZ
youtu.be/FxOPvzdseKk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

anybody?

Mbox. duh.

yeah totally in the same price range. duh.

What are you looking for in terms of usability?

I've got the shekleberg one. It does everything need no complaints. I haven't tried recording audio through it yet though, but it runs my keyboard guitar and monitors fine.

>Protools. WACK.

I use a UX2 cause I've had it for years but I'll change to something new after I buy a new PC. I'll bookmark this thread.

>Roland Rubix22
if you are willing to drop that much on an interface then you should look at the PreSonus Studio 26 or Focusrite Scarlett 2i4.

same price range and features as the roland but you get 2 extra outs which can come in handy (want to dj with external mixer, mess around with modular synths, send cv and gate to a modular synth, run external fx, etc).

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (or Solo if you're cash strapped).

only problem is they kike you on a midi interface so you might aswell get the 2i4

Get a Focus Scarlett and be done with it. You cannot go wrong with one at all. I've had one for years and it's worked without any issues, and the pre-amps are the best you will find in this price range.

gonna record mic/keyboard/midi and output to 2 monitor speakers

I have a 2i4 and it's amazing. Has also held up for years without any issues.

shut up you dumb faggot
beat it

>I have a 2i4 and it's amazing. Has also held up for years without any issues.
I use mine for an audio amplifier as well.. 600Ohm headphones sound amazing on it.

in my currency your suggestion is ~400, steinberg ~270, roland ~300

Kiss my ass bitch, enjoy your shit that only works for a year because you're a fucking idiot. Here is your (You) that you wanted now fuck off and kill yourself

yeah you can't really go wrong with the scarlett series.

but

>not a ethernet audio interface

plebly

>implying the OP even needs that

are you fucking retarded? the guy asked for a recommendation on a basic interface

do you really think a guy in the market for a 2x2 interface is even going to be interested in that anytime soon?

I've had my delta 1010lt for 6+ years. Love it

>no midi

He said with MIDI.

I have the UR22 mkII. I have no complaints about it, but then I just plug my guitar in it and that's really it. That said, if I had to buy one today, I'd seriously consider the Behringer UMC404HD.

i heard behringers have driver issues?

> steinberg

Soy vay!

german company... can't get any further from the jews than that

Get an old EMU, 0404 is a classic unit.

It so happens that not everything Behringer makes is shit. That one has good reviews and seemingly nice MIDAS preamps. But then I haven't used it personally; just said that considering what I've read and seen on it I'd seriously consider it. Not that four inputs will likely be enough to track drums but it's nice to have these.

fuck off back to pol, shitstain

I too need a way to link up studio monitors to the pc
but an interface?
I was thinking either mixer or receiver
leaning towards mixer, can have the monitors, amp, pc, receiver, everything and anything linked up to the mixer
thoughts?

Hello, I actually know a thing or two about these things. Take my info with a grain of salt for the haters gonna hate. I own an RME Fireface UFX... it ran 2.5K plus tax. SO... Its the higher end in pro audio interface. Anyway, I have a decent computer, a 12 core Mac. Alright, with all that said and done... I thought this was it, no more latency for me! But I was wrong, you still get it... And this is the high end stuff.. SO..... you are looking to buy a... from the looks of it, a box that cost 199? maybe 299?... Unless you have a computer with 48 cores or something awesome... You WILL get what you pay for, if you wanna run 20 tracks with plug-ings, compressors, eq, and all sorts of other stuff.... Dude... you better have an impressive rig so you can run that little dinggy box and have it run like a dream.

I call bullshit. I am running some crappy old M-Audio FastTrack Pro and can go down to 128 samples for VST heavy projects. It all comes down to your computer and they layout of your PCIe Lanes. If you have some gimped midrange mainboard that multiplexes USB IO and other IO into a single PCIE x4 stream you are fucked.
Xeon or go home

I've had the UR22 MKII for about a year now. I use it with my guitar and have had no problems whatsoever.

music-group.com/Categories/Behringer/Computer-Audio/Audio-Interfaces/UMC202HD/p/P0BJZ

Yamaha AG03. The best bang for the bucks.

Focusrite and Presonus both have shit drivers. In fact, I can't think of anything those are really good at except maybe looking pretty.

If you want a USB soundcard in that price range get Steinberg/Yamaha or maybe Roland (not familiar with their new stuff).
If you're willing to spend more, get RME.

Exactly. It _should_ have the same drivers as Steinberg (Yamaha owns it now), but it has a few more features, like that headset mic input.

>same driver as Steinberg

Yes it does and it's very stable as well. I really like it. The headset mic input plus the 3.5mm output as well if you like portable stuff. I always carry this around with my laptop, a guitar and an IK Multimedia iLoud from home to college.

This thing is very underrated.

Are these things able to encode multiple channels and send them to the pc simoultaneously or all mixed up?
Example the yamaha with L/R piano and mic.
Can I post each separately?

If you're referring to the AG03 above, yes you can. There is that switch in the middle in the "TO PC" part.

>DRY CH 1-2G
CH1 is the Line/Mic input.
CH 2/2G is the instrument input.

When playback (direct monitoring) you'll hear both centered. But in your DAW, left channel is CH1, right channel is CH2.

>youtu.be/FxOPvzdseKk
This video may help you.

I got a focusrite saffire solo and it kept stuttering in playback
No such issue with my crappy old emu 0202

I'm not sure what is going on.
Why is there Channel 1 and Channels 2/3.
My likely scenario would be MIC+L/R Piano channels (that's 3 total).

>shit drivers
yeah get the fuck out of town buddy.

not reliable. breaks fast as hell.

>Stein

How do I sage?

Source?