install linux already

Ok

No thanks. I trust Microsoft more.

No. :-)

PINGU NOOOOO

>Microshit

Enjoy your botnet.

B-b-but I do actual work on my computer, user

Enjoy your Amazon data miner and systemd ``virii''.

>Systemd

Like most of /g you probably have no idea what it is or what's wrong with it.

Like most of ``/g'' you obviously think you are far more intelligent than you actually are.

>Don't install the Amazon packages
>Don't use systemD
Wow, so hard. You're fucking stupid if you seriously think Linux users are forced to use those things

>implying implications
Poor babby, did you get kicked out of the ``friendly'' GNU+Linux thread for being a meanie weanie?

no

What are you even talking about? Are you upset that I can remove parts of my system that I don't like while you're stuck with what MS gives you?

Do it faggot.

I already have and I feel the power coursing through my blood.

>What are you even talking about?
I am sorry you are retarded. Enjoy ``removing'' parts of your system.

Okay, I will. Thanks. Enjoy not being able to do anything that's not approved by your employer

Are you going to post more? Did he died? ;_;

I do, too.

He's dead, Jim.

But I did.

Welcome to the master Linux race!

installing the mighty Ubuntu as we speak

I have been running it on my laptop for years now. Desktop is still windows 7 because Linux has shit GPU drivers.

I will wait for linux mint 18.3 then install it

>had linux on shitty 2013 laptop with AMD APU
>Moved to Ontario with gf recently
>just want games to waste time with
>Morrowind worked but everything else was a headache
>Gave up after a week and bought win 7 for 15 Leaf bucks
Like, I didn't mind using terminal and commands to install and compile shit but fuck me was it tedious for even the most basic task. Shit got old fast, I just wanna play vidya.

>Terminal to install and compile shit
Unless you're using Gentoo, you didn't need to compile anything at all
Also, Linux has a few thousand games on steam, so unless you're only wanting to run this year's AAA titles, you can find something you'll enjoy

But video games

Good jorb mah boy

Why wait? 18.3 will have improvements, but nothing so dramatic that it will make 18.2 obsolete. Go ahead and install.

Does this image make anyone else extremely uncomfortable?

>tfw actually need to get stuff done

Can't

Why? I just installed Ubuntu.

Yeah, shitposting.

Language learning

Bingo! Shitposting.

I just installed arch for the first time on my Thinkpad. Am I Sup Forums yet?

wat do now

Playing VNs mostly.

You need to use i3 gaps with polybar to be a TRVE Sup Forumsentleman

>tfw I can just use an xserver to run Ubuntu subsystem on my windows machine and have the best of both worlds by being able to directly, without virtualization, run both windows and linux simultaneously and have the ability to run everything including graphical applications for both
the only correct option

Nice screenshot.

>lts linux
might as well use debian you fucking pleb

But there are no good exclusive graphical applications for linux.

The last time i tried that shit, couldn't start the X and it was dumbed down. Also not available for LTSB or below 10 and cygwin could run gui shit for years, if not more than a decade.

Good terminal emulators are completely nonexistent on windows

>cygwin could run gui shit for years, if not more than a decade.
hardly the same as having a separate layer of access to a subsystem that functions as if it were your native OS.

i did mister penguin
i like me some penguins

Both have a huge overhead, so literally who cares. Only idiots run "linux" this way, except when they want good ssh support or for that azure trash.

noot noot

But how will I play my vidya?

Just remove botnet. Easy

>not ricing your muffin

>I trust Microsoft
good goy

I'm not time wasting loser and disappointment to my family. Therefore I do use windows and mac os like normal healthy human being

wtf penguins have teeth? that's scary

Dualboot

Funny, neither am I and I use ubuntu and have for years

Sorry to hear about your family. How did they go?

Done

That text is barely legible

maybe for your 8-inches-from-the-screen never-go-outside-in-daytime soy-and-hrt-eating ass eyes

I'M FUCKING TRYING BUT IT WON'T INSTALL GRUB

$2 per hour has been deposited to your account pajeet

NVM IT FUCKING WORKED THIS TIME
FUCK

>black on navy blue

no he is right its barely legible

Thank you for correcting the record. 25 RedHat Bux has been deposited into your Amazon account.

how much microcurry pays for derailing threads pajeet?

You do know that your waifu is cross platform, right?

programming penguin pls no

I think you meant to quote this faggot:

only faggot here is you for using linux

>limiting yourself to old games
There is literally no reason to use linux over windows

B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T

.t pajeet, that 5$ must worth it eh

>hur hur companies pay shills to market to a tiny audience of skeptical people, 2/3 of whom are neckbeards
no

Also, shit. 5$ per post? That's insane, ads cost like 10 bucks per 40,000 impressions through regular means.

>no
sure pajeet, go out and sell curry, at least that has more dignity than shilling on a taiwanesse dollmaking forum

Fuck off Rick.

Ok, you can believe what you want, with your fantasies of people posting here to make a living.

Oh, but wait, no, that's fucking dumb, and I'm going to tell you why.

1. Sup Forums's userbase is fucking miniscule compared to the places that they are actually using bux to shill. Places like reddit have an INSANE impression ratio, and it's possible to get your post in front of 500000+ people for less than 100 bux worth of bot upvotes.
2. The posts decrying linux in that post are OBVIOUSLY bait posts. Look at the fucking post style.
3. The repeat images are repeat images, wait for it, /because they are the first results on google when you search for that item/. In fact, one of the ones that you can see for the 'windows shill' was saved multiple times by the user, directly from google. I'm not sure about you, but I will download images just to have them as thread openers if I need a relevant image, but a shill would definitely have that shit already downloaded.

I worked as a social media marketer for two years. Nowhere will touch this place with a 10 foot pole, because users here are way, way, way too skeptical and call out shilled posts instantly and unlike reddit there is 0 idea suppression mechanic. If you noticed, the article was also talking about suppressing negative press. That's also used to suppress comments calling out the shills.

The closest thing that you get to shills here are bots that automatically scrap the internet and post incredibly obvious ads to *chan boards because they have the same API, but there isn't a person behind it other than a mturk api doing capitchas.

>I worked as a social media marketer for two years. Nowhere will touch this place with a 10 foot pole
but you are here, and bait or not you should fuck off then even more knowing this

good job user
now get some shit done my man, you can do it. GO DO SOME SHIT SON, DO IT FAGGOT

>implying he's here on the job

im on edge thinking about wiping my W10 partition and just go Antergos

Any other DE/WM you could recommend guys?

They're still alive and well. Maybe your identity politics isn't all it's cracked up to be, assuming things about people based on one aspect of their lives and all

Chill out birb.
2020 is not yet i can still stay on windows 7.

KDE to be honest. I used to run Cinnamon all the time, but when I installed KDE, I switched from Cinnamon permanently and never looked back. You should try it out sometime, it's extreme modularity, and customizability is what attracted me to it.

I use Arch on my desktop and personal laptop. Laptop I use for work I installed lubuntu on yesterday and it's so fucking comfy and nice, just wish it was arch based so you could use AUR and have pacman with it.

I've seen this pasta before, you can't fool me shill. Sup Forums is a top 500 site in the US and that alone is enough to make at least some shilling worth while. Especially for Microsoft, as most people don't change OS's on their own but will happily switch if their autistic kid who browses Sup Forums does it for them.

I did!
But I still can't remove Windows because of "professional" proprietory software which I need for work (Adobe Suit). I would if GIMP could import .psd and Scribus .indd or .idml. But I advise everyone to install Mint and give Linux a try. It's not that much worse (and in some cases even better) than Windows but it's more secure (at least while it's marketshare is so low) and free as in freedom.

I can't I'm waiting for Ubuntu 17.10 mini.iso.

I CANT INSTALL IT

EVERYTIME I FINISH A DUALBOOT INSTALL THE LAPTOP FIRMWARE ALWAYS BOOTS WINKEK

Yep, gonna hop on it from openPEPE which is a disaster of a distro. There is a reason why Debian based distros are so popular.

im going to get a memepad and put lyenucks on it but im still deciding to get a super cheap core2duo or spend a bit more and get an i5.

i wont be using it for games as i have more than one computer (fucking shock horror) so just for shitposting on here and learning stuff.

that's the scariest thing I have ever seen in my life

MOOT MOOT

>wat do now
install gentoo