Iphone 8 casing splitting open during charging

Iphone 8 casing splitting open during charging.

Like it wasn't bad enough ios 11 is almost shittiest,buggiest and slowest ios version to date.

9to5mac.com/2017/09/29/iphone-8-plus-casing-split-open/

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1757-899X/53/1/012014/pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiG64XS18vWAhWMybwKHZw-BEYQFgglMAA&usg=AOvVaw38Lbz7m774i4Wr0mXxSWF6
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's a feature

iphone SE doesn't have this problem

Yep. Assists with cooling when the phone is charging

The iPhone 5 was the last Apple phone that was designed to offer a perfect balance between design and function.
From iPhone 6 on it was all form over function.
I really hope they don't fuck up the iPhone SE 2, I'll switch to Android if it's going to be a small iPhone 8 instead of the classic design.

>>tripcoding

As a reasonable individual I want to wait and see if this becomes a widespread issue before throwing too much blame at Apple.
Manufacture defects are a thing and the reason warranties exist.

That being said it could be some time before the widespread nature of this issue becomes apparent because the iPhone 8 was a fucking failure of a launch.

iToddlers will defend this.

>mfw the A11 Bionic chip became self-aware and tried to break free of its miserable existence

Sounds like the battery's fucked and it started to bloat up

It's the A11 being allowed to draw too much current. There's a reason you don't see phone batteries powering laptops.

A typical 3.7V phone battery can't safely crank out more than 2 AMPS for extended periods of time as it starts to overheat. Which is probably what is happening here. That A11 must be using over 10 fucking watts alone.

I can't wait for this shitty company to finally fucking die. Remember the good old days back when Applefags didn't exist?

>when you dont even need a heat gun to disassemble an apple product
what fucking time line are we in now?

Bullshit. It's all the same lithium cell tech

Right, what I'm saying is the A11 uses too much fucking electricity. Try drawing 3 AMPs out of a 3.7V lithium battery and see where that gets you.

>First, any device manufactured in the millions will include some faulty models – the real news would be if this were not the case.
>Second, investigations into charging-related incidents often reveal that a third-party charger was used, even when an owner initially claims to have used the supplied Apple one.

damn that sounds bad
>any new phone needs faulty models!
>it'd be important if every phone worked how they were supposed to!!!!

Wat. I mean, obviously they're shilling for Apple, but it's entirely fair to point out that when you're shipping millions of units, it's not at all surprising if a few of them turn out to be defective.

>Remember the good old days back when Applefags didn't exist?
I wasn't born yet in 1976.

>It's your fault for not using our 50€+ chargers goyim

20C to 50C is pretty common. 1C is laughable.

If there's no safe current limiting on the battery, then that's a really shitty design.

Chargers can certainly be a problem, but I have never heard of a charger that has caused a battery to fail and expand in about a week.

Phones draw current through the charger. They're pretty much in control and the batteries have protection circuits on them. The main issue is when the charger fails in some way that causes mains to go through to the device. The phone is doing a DC to DC conversion. It doesn't want to get 110/220V AC into it.

Ever since Steve Jobs died, Apple has been shitting all over his design decisions. He must be rolling in his grave.

One thing that Steve got right was to look at the product as a whole and not release half-baked functionality. Now they're just going for aesthetics at the expense of everything else.

Just clip it back together after it has cooled
autists

>designed by Apple in California
>manufactured by Vihaan in Bangalore

>more than 2C on a tiny lithium housefire sandwich with no cooling
Are you fucking stupid?

fucking disgusting

>"Apple products are high quality"

fug

hope it isn't a mass spread issue

Behold Apple's knockoff of the Galaxy S7!

They innovated the exploding batteries, except they just get fat and fail to explode.

C A N C E L I T
A
N
C
E
L

Lads I'm torn between an iPhone 8 for the software or a Galaxy S8 for the hardware.

I'm also balls deep into the Apple ecosystem, and I will trash a phone immediately if apps or the homescreen lag and crash.

Advice?

SE

Nah it's too small, I have an iPhone 6.

damn ever since the 5s its been downhill

You mean the Note 7

Every time a new piece of hardware comes out people go nitpicking and using a very limited amount of devices to 'prove' something sucks. All products have a few percent failure rates, so what. You get a new one under warranty and that's it.

Go back to shitting up Apple's product line, Tim Cook.

>Chargers can certainly be a problem, but I have never heard of a charger that has caused a battery to fail and expand in about a week.

I replace batteries every day on Iphones and batteries are known to go bad at any point in time. It's more likely the older they are but there's a reason the Iphone 5 got a battery replacement program even for new phones. Not all but certain lots.

What hardware in the S8 are you referring to? The IP8 has worse specs but still perform very similarly to a S8 in many cases. If you're already stuck in the ecosystem there's really not much of a choice.

What's an iPhone SE like to use? Is it comfy to hold in your hand? Is it possible to turn off all the botnet shit in iOS? I'm sick of all the pajeets in the LineageOS community and trash battery life in Lineage. Also can you get an app for ssh/rsync?

No you idiot, that is the failure mode not the safe discharge rate. All IC will fry, the wires and pcb paths will burn and the battery will explode a la samsung if you discharge 20c.

3A on a single cell will easily push a single cell to 60 Celsius or over if kept up. Wouldn't want to be near that when it's enclosed in a shit phone clad in metal and glass.

It's like the poor version of the XZ1C

Get iphone 7. Apparently it's much faster than 8. Not even kidding.

how many of you fags are considering the X?

it sure looks sexy, but $1500 aud is very fucking steep

I honestly wouldn't use it even if Apple paid me. Can you imagine being caught in public wit one?

the easy solution would be to just leave the top blacked out for battery etc, that way the "edge" is just flat... i guess?

>phone glued together
>$1000

APPLE BTFO

That makes it look worse desu

how come girls get the thosuand-cock stare but faggots don't?

That quesadilla looks DELICIOUS.

Apple has always used glue to secure their screens to the frame. Samsung does too. Most phones use adhesive.

Did they got a refund?

Why do you need a new phone then? Or was the 1gb of ram not enough after all, despite all the apple shills saying otherwise?

found the fucking brainlet

>apple literally using Elmer's glue
>$1000

I have shoes that weigh less than that

Yes, that.
I almost made the joke...

I'd like to burn them for that choice. How the hell you supposed to fix things when you can't open the little fuckers?

Are you a king manlet?

its the fact that it would be news if the phones werent defective

What if you use it while it's charging, taking a call for example, is this safe?

That's literally a suicide mission.

iPhone SE is GOAT

see

split screen technology! ;)

Jesus man, you ought to be beheaded on the spot for that.

6/10 made me kek

Faggots don't regret every single one of them.

If the SE 2 and further stays true to the 4 inch display, that'll be the only thing keeping me going between Android and iOS.

Well they can't make the SE look like an iPhone 6 because the iPhone 8 already does!

>not having a script that replaces all names and tripcodes with Anonymous

Covering your eyes doesn't make them go away.

it does to me, which is the only person that matters in this god forsaken place
t. user

Yeah man your cooked. 1C discharge is well within the operating conditions of a lithium ion battery.

google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1757-899X/53/1/012014/pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiG64XS18vWAhWMybwKHZw-BEYQFgglMAA&usg=AOvVaw38Lbz7m774i4Wr0mXxSWF6

Literally the first link in google, the tl;dr they generated a model of the thermal properties if a battery and then discharged it at 3amps till it ran out of power. It went from 25c to 29c over that time.

At my work we buy these phone style lithium batteries from so dodgy Chinese factory. We have to test them to make sure they are the capacity they claim. This involves charging them at 2c and then discharging at 2c. They handle this fine and are barely warm to the touch.

lol, how's that fast charging working out for you apple?

My note 5 has fast charging, don't use it because I know it's shit for battery health

>Apple
>Letting you fix things
Just buy a new phone, lmao

I would switch back to apple if SE2 was like pic related

>iphone 11 has 2 screens, One on the back and one of front. Back one can be activated and deactivated like bixby

Is this a kyocera hydro?

Not allowed to do that, the app will get rejected by apple. The thread covered that.

>not using the original iPhone

It would be cool to have a iphine that looked exactly like the original but had the latest features and had an A11(or A12)

4.4v 4a master race reporting in

why they went for this design choice is beyond me. rounded edges are fine, but this is just ugly for the sake of having muh thin bezels

automatic doors to change battey
another first for apple

> glued together
they learned from Intel!

really makes you think

Samsung SDI makes millions of batteries.

I hear business is booming

>automatic deliding
The future is here.

>simplified model not actual test
>battery cooled on all sides by convection not stuck in a metal box next next to a hot CPU

i have one of this as backup phone.
this phone not only is water proof, have also a removable battery.
fuck you Samsung!

Apple is smart boi

I like iOS 11.

It feels smoother and I like the soft look of things.

heh

This is the exact reason I buy old refurbs with unlocked bootloaders. If I can't fix it, it's gonna be cheap.

They were the same shit before. Some details change for worse, some for better. People point out th ebad things and balem them on Jobs, but when there is an improvement of something, nobody remembers the dead Steve topic and it gets ignored wrt it.

Crap quality/usability, too limited devices, or design faults were common always.

Think the puck mouse.