Seriously, How can I become a hacker? I don't know shit about technology, I just have browsed Sup Forums for 2 years

Seriously, How can I become a hacker? I don't know shit about technology, I just have browsed Sup Forums for 2 years.

Other urls found in this thread:

catb.org/esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html
reddit.com/r/netsec/wiki/start
hackertyper.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>How can I become a hacker? I don't know shit about technology
Step 1) learn shit about technology

Learn assembly and code in binary only

Just do something. Either that be learning how to program, reading books about electronics/computers or going to classes about these subjects. Just start doing one of these and always try to understand what's going on. And if don't understand why something happens or how something works try to understand what piece of knowlage you are missing and learn about that.

catb.org/esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html

Get those books:
Hacking - The Art of Exploitation
How Linux Works - What every super user should know
Social Engineering - The Art of human hacking

Lab environments and lots of trial & error. Learn python for scripting and automation. Learn networking. Tools like metasploit, nmap, etc. Learn linux, use kali specifically. Social engineering. A lot to put together, takes a long time. You will not be Elliot Alderson overnight, takes years potentially.

Should I have to use IRC? I fucking hate it, I prefer discord(at least mumble) over that shitty 90s program.

>Should I have to use IRC? I fucking hate it, I prefer discord(at least mumble) over that shitty 90s program.
discord is proprietary bullshit
nobody who is a serious hacker uses that shit

use IRC

Do you play a mainstream online game?

Cool now learn C++, learn about reverse engineering, install IDA pro and cheat engine and start reversing functions, learn how to hook, there are countless youtube tutorials and internet articles..

You will learn how to bypass their anticheat, what are your limitations and work around them and develop a practical skillset.

Keep making these threads until one user provides you with links to learning material.
He will, eventually, patience.

You need to go to https//:ebfeudjdbhsuj.i2p

People who are going to be real hackers are reading Unix source code FOR FUN. They don't need to ask where do you learn to computer, because they are so passionately into the topic that they've been learning on their own for years and years and years.

If you've suddenly become that passionate, the okay, start anywhere and your curiosity will lead you down the right roads.

Or do you just want to be like the cool guy in the show?

WHY IS HE SO FUCKING UGLY!?

That's a bingo. If you have to ask how to BE something then you're not cut out for being that thing, you just like the idea or the image in your head. The reality of EVERYTHING in life is that the finish line always looks appealing but the race itself is very very long and tough. OP, if you're over 20 yo and still have absolutely no knowledge on this topic then it most likely isn't for you. If it's something that you really like then you would've had some knowledge already about it. Now, I'm not saying that a passion can't emerge later in life but the reality is that most of the time it isn't a passion but a phase or a temporary interest in something most often sparked by cool guys in TV or movies.

Learn ebin, then benis. Yellow tuesday. 5 novembers with rotten wine

Why the fuck would I code in binary if I can just assemble some hexadecimal with node.js?

join r/netsec
Start off here reddit.com/r/netsec/wiki/start

In my experience the easiest way to become a hacker is to become the person on the other side (sysadmin) and learn all the things you need to do to protect yourself.

Learn all the things that most lazy sysadmins don't bother to do to secure themselves. If as a sysadmin you combine 2 or 3 bad security practices you open yourself to getting completely rekted by anyone familiar with popular "anti-patterns".

>2017
>not knowing the hackerman initiation ritual

I have a morning ritual that I need to share. I call it "the hackerman". First I crouch down in the shower in the classic "naked hackerman traveling through time" pose. With my eyes closed I crouch there for a minute, visualizing either hackerman or the guy from the second season(not the chick in the third one because that one sucked) and I start to hum the hackerman theme. Then I slowly rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me to proceed through my day as an emotionless, cyborg badass. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my hackerman leg. It ruins the fantasy.

sent ;)

>srsly guise how does becom 1337 HAXOR? i wana do sum cool haxer shit xxxxxDDDDDDDD

Neck yourself.

Friend, don't be rude.

install gentoo

install kali.

look up the documentation for every single tool that it comes with, and when you come across a word you don't understand, look up that word.

study the metasploit framework, starting with the wikipedia page and looking up every reference to technology or software that you don't understand.

after doing all that, you should be ready to make a cheap network. this will be your punching bag. break into it, then learn a way to prevent that sort of attack. then break into it again, rinse, repeat.

by the time you're doing that stuff you'll have an idea of what kind of questions you should be asking and what kind of stuff you should be learning.

dont do this
install gentoo instead

wtf is this thread and why is it getting serious responses

comeon Sup Forums

start by taking 1 kilo of morphine

1) go to a hackerspace
2) ask then how to hack

Not OP
How do people hack into things? It can’t all be SQL injection can it?
What language are they using? Where does the code go?
I don’t want to be a hacker, I’ve just always wondered

1. Install kali
2. hackertyper.com/
3. Das it my mane

First, you need to know what The Gibson is, you'll eventually need to hack it. You will need tools, my suggestion it to track down a copy of Cookie Monster; it's prolly out on Tor somewhere. Then, read all about ZeroCool's exploits and study them, particularly the time he took down 1507 systems on August 10th, 1988.

That's a good starting point I guess...

Go to college and study programming, aim for a job in software security or cryptography.

Once you have a large set of skills and competent knowledge of how the Internet and other software infrastructures are put together, it's only a matter of imagination before you can start prodding for possibilities that weren't accounted for by the programmers. The only difference between a hacker and a computer programmer is imagination- in other words, its the difference between a worker and an artist.

>Put Kali Linux on USB
>Live boot USB
>Google "How to hack neighbor wifi"
>Try and fail
Get interested, and sooner or later you'll figure things out.

Problem with today's generation is they think to 'become' something you have to follow some specific list.
Fuck no, becoming something is natural process, you just dive into a topic and before you know it all it's the only thing you can think about

/tips fedora

>How do i become a hacker?
>Hacker
>OP
>corrected - "How do i become a faggot and edgy script kiddie?"

If you are asking "how 2 b a uber haxor" Then cyber security is seriously something you're not suited for.

>node
get out

>Learn linux, use kali specifically.
I agree with everything except this. Kali is just Debian with bunch of tools installed. It's not meant to be main OS, at least not straight out of the box. He would learned much more about Linux by using normal distro and installing tools he need. Keep Kali in Vm and practice that way.

I've been on computers for 15 years and the only thing I know is 'trick people into installing bunk shit'.

Learn about social engineering. Most of the time, you can learn a person's password if you watch them for long enough.

learn perl 6

this op
you have to act the part too, even if it means changing your opinions