/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

Other urls found in this thread:

lodev.org/cgtutor/raycasting.html
microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8
justgetflux.com/linux.html
megatools.megous.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I let my neighbor use my internet but I've been monitoring it. They have a device that is labeled as KEFA hooked up right now. I was wondering if anybody knew what this could be?

Is it possible to have devices that are connected via pcie and data not do stuff until they're called?

Case 1. I'm doing GPU pass through with a good card and shitty card. Ideally I'd want to be able to choose which card is used on boot (sometimes i need the good card on the host)and have the other do nothing (not spin or draw power) until the VM is started.

Case 2 sata hard drives running on boot is annoying because my system is quiet other wise (both host and VM are on ssds) and the HDDs are only used for data storage

I tried updating to High Sierra last night on my 2012MBP but it crashed half way through. Now it is completely bricked and only boots up to GRUB. I tried recovery mode from the internet as well as from my Time Machine backup and tried to reformat my SSD but now it doesn't display. Sometimes it shows up but when I do something with it e.g. try to mount it, it disappears.

Any ideas?

Make bootable USB and try again.

fbi

They are welcome to use my internet too if they ask nicely

My laptop's battery lasts about 3 hours, but apparently that's how it shipped.
Will buying a 3rd party battery improve this?

ah yes, I figured out what I was gonna ask.

my last solution to fix Siri is to take out the lint in the headphone jack. but why does that even work in the first place?
there's no visible blockage in both mics either, though I'd have to buy one of those blowers just to make sure.

I've been using a secondhand T420 for a few years now running Linux. However, I feel it's not gonna last long.

What's an upgrade that's also cheap?

Can I get two wireless APs to connect to each other without setting them in bridge mode

What's a good resource on raycasting?
Still have to wait a week for my book

bot creation and machine learning. what are good resources to start learning, read news from about those subjects and most importantly, what are the prerequisites to learn ML in order to create useful and efficient bots?

Maybe I'm retarded, but is the WSL supposed to replace mingw / cygwin on windows for compiling projects that use things like gcc/g++? As far as I can tell, even if you use WSL to develop in, you would still have to install mingw in order to compile for windows. If that's the case, then wtf is the point of the WSL, if that's not the case then how are you supposed to use the WSL?

Post mac.

Does anyone know a good .sdt file decrypter/decoder/extractor? I wanna extract some audio files and I've tried everything but my best attempt gave me a garbled mess with high-pitched, almost unhearable sounds mixed with heavy buzzing. I can't seem to figure this shit out.

Does anyone know where I can find a barrel plug pass through connector with a protruding female USB-A port?

I just want to hook up a cooling fan to my modem without running a separate USB AC adapter... Can't find the part I need at all though

A web search brings up nothing.

My best guess is to treat the HDDs as virtual drives, and spin them up only when you choose to mount them, like a portable HDD. Maybe through disk management, not too sure. Very niche request.

Yes, but you must by a battery with a higher capacity than your current one. Look for mAh capacity.

Bootable USB

Siri needs a way to respond to you, and if the microphone jack won't work, it cannot respond. (Wild guess)

Another T420, or try the used elitebook market.

Ethernet

This doesn't look too horrendous lodev.org/cgtutor/raycasting.html

Just torrent some textbooks. Best resources come from there. I'll find some for you, please hold

How do I make Task Scheduler launch shit as the Active/top window instead of in the background?

whats the difference between native anti-aliasing and post process anti-aliasing?

why are some games less jagged by default while some are damn near jaggedless? Different game engines, complexion of polygons? idk?

Can I buy an xbox controller on the microsoft store using a microsoft store gift card? I can not find a straight answer

Looks like kitty lick response has been triggered.
Backstory?

What password is being set if I only set a ssh key while creating a debian container in proxmox?

How do I stop firefox from turning down the volume of other programs when something plays?

hunter2

>foobar2000
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>breathes in
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

thanks but I find using windows more embarrassing than using foobar2000

Your kind disgusts me

Reminder To Always Ignore anime posters On This Board

same

Right click volume icon, playback devices, check communications tab

When I seek in MPV using the left/right arrow key on windows it seeks a full minute instead of the default 5 seconds it used to, what gives? Can anyone help?

I believe post process would basically just take the screen you'd see, and blur some lines that it thinks are edges. Native would do shit before it reaches that point, at internal resolutions and shit which is better I think.
Difference between games is mostly the AA technique at this point I think.

Thanks, senpai.

Why the fuck can't I find a Windows 8.1 recovery disk ISO anywhere?

input.conf

microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8

Is this file supposed to be in appdata? It's not there, should I create it? There's an mpv folder but it's empty

I'm running Linux not Windows, so these gay installers don't work for me. I need a recovery disk ISO to repair the Windows installation a laptop someone gave me that's fucked up.

you are 12 aren't you

Looked up the company under the MAC address and it came up with Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd.

I'm guessing they have an off brand laptop maybe?

If you know the answer tell me pls

tell me how old are you

prove it post a pic of your arm with hair on it and i will tell you

I don't have time for this shit. The link you posted has a link to a creation tool that runs under Windows, this isn't an ISO.

ok then kid

MS doesn't offer an ISO.

I feel sorry for whoever had to rely on you for their tech support.

this

I am a Linux nub. How do I install this in Linux Mint?

justgetflux.com/linux.html

How do I properly convert/play .mp2 files? They're either a garbled mess full of buzzy sounds or are not playable a tall.

4 dubs in a row.

It's my laptop, I'm not doing tech support for anyone. And if you can't handle dealing with stupid questions in the stupid questions thread then fuck off and don't bother replying.

I think you've amassed 3 or 4 annons at this point. I, for one, totally know the answer, but am not providing it because you've adopted the "these assholes totally owe me something" tone. Hope it was worth it.

is there any way I can remove the stupid status bar from firefox ?

Its not stupid

>I, for one, totally know the answer
gave the right answer and I luckily managed to create a recovery disk from a friend who was still running Windows 8.1 on his computer so I'm well on my way now. And I wasn't being an asshole until someone called me 12. You can shoot yourself now, what you "know" isn't needed anymore.

Have a nice day!

Is ccd0's Sup Forums X suddenly running very slowly for anyone as of Firefox 56? Is there a fix?

What's the trick to cable management in a desktop?
Just buying exact length cables?

Is there any way to fake the camera (instead of denying completely because that crashes most apps - just serve a black image), your contacts etc just like xprivacy did in the past with safetynet not being tripped? I discovered magisk seems to be the "modern" way of rooting - but couldnt find any way to do it, I am on lineage os 14.1 @ Android 7.1.2

is it possible to use megasync without the damn login? Do I need to build it myself if I want to do that?

>can i use a thing that requires a user account to work,but i dont want to do the user account thing

Idk but theres a similiar program called redshift, you can probably just install it like a normal program with your package manager, and it's open source

I found that one, but I can't seem to manually adjust the temp settings like I can in flux.

I only want to sync a link of the pathfinder thread because downloading it through a browser is shite.

plowshare(plowdown)
rclone
jdownloader

Can the computer turn on without the cpu? Like will the psu fan keep running or will it turn off right after being turned on?

There's a fan in my computer that's gotten louder. This fan sounds really loud when I play graphically intense games, such as games running UE4. Despite swapping out the thermal paste, this particular fan still sounds.

Is this fan the graphics card's? Is there some way I can figure this out through sensors? Like, would the RPM skyrocket?

How much programming skills must I possess to own a pair of programming socks?

can i connect windows phone to pc thro USB and, to control it thro bluetooth with my tablet?

i mean control the pc thro W.P. and the tablet controlls the W.P.

What the fuck? Speak english you fucking weirdo.

rclone doesn't have mega as remote.
jdownloader is fucking crap, wtf.
And I doubt that any cli tool that rips urls is going to work on a javascript based webapp.

dumb assumption poster

Jdownloader works flawlessly
plowshare with mega plugin works flawlessly

Keep whining lil bitch boi.
Stay incompetent

I've been trying to set up Japanese ime on xubuntu and after trying out fctix and ibus I restarted because ibus wouldn't work. Then it fucked over my whole xfce. What the fuck do I do now?

>And I doubt that any cli tool that rips urls is going to work on a javascript based webapp.
megatools.megous.com/

api-like acces isn't just loading the webpage any more. it's not like httptrack

I have to make a program that will ask the user to enter the value of some variables and then do the calculation of some equations. (simple equation, see the image)
What is the best language for write this program?

holy fucking shit you're literal garbage

literally any programming language

I ran FFT on an mp3 audio file in matlab. It output loads of values. One per each sample of the song and one for both the left and right channel since it's stereo. Obviously the first number (real) represents the amplitude of the audio at that instant but what does the complex number represent? Frequency? Phase?

Also, I guess the values are normalized? What does that mean? Is that just some kind of scaling factor or something?

What the fuck is happening with Sup Forums? I'm getting weird modern "rolling release" updates on web pages. Is it 4chanX interfering?

bc (+ shell)

Just got my first thinkpad,an X220. Didn't come with an HDD or anything but I have an SSD for it. What should I do primarily like disable computrace before installing the OS?

My parents bought me this laptop thinking that it was fit for gaymen for my birthday. It's has a 6th Gen A10-8700P APU which base clock is 1.8 ghz (note that it's quadcore with 6 gpu cores) and supposedly reaches 3.2 max. How would one be able to reach this? I've had this laptop for a while now and it never goes above 1.8, regardless of my settings. Is there something special I have to do, or is it just locked out from me for some stupid reason?

Okay fair, I installed plowshare.
I used plowlist to get the list of files, but it only does so for that level in the tree.
I added -R to force recursion, but it complains it doesn't make sense and ignores it.

bump

Try with AMD Overdrive, but you would also likely need to get some IC diamond for the CPU and faster memory (APUs graphics depend heavily on memory speed), to be able to play some vidia.

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm pretty sure my rear speaker jack is messed up, as I get crackling with sound. Could I just get a USB speaker (and headphones, as my front jack isnt so great either) and avoid the problem? Really not great with soldering or whatever it takes to fix the jack connections

Help?

Best cheap server/seedbox/NAS?

>the current processor does not support overdrive
What the fuck is the point of advertising 3.2 if you can't use it? Is it a driver problem?

Abusing AWS free trials. Nojoke.

Open up the tower, play some video games, and listen closely to where the loudness is coming from. It could be the ones next to your cards, or motherboard. But it could also be the one inside the power supply box. In which case, you may need a new power supply.

can speaker vibrations from loud playing music damage anything in the computer, except for hdd perhaps?