So what Firefox add-ons did you lose during the "Purge of 2017"?

So what Firefox add-ons did you lose during the "Purge of 2017"?

Other urls found in this thread:

downthemall.net/progress/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/containers-on-the-go/
blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/08/08/mozilla-information-trust-initiative-building-movement-fight-misinformation-online/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Down Them All :(

None since I'm still on Firefox 54.

3.6 was the last good version of Firefox.

I don't notice any speed difference

Almost everything is broken now and Firefox is slower than before. This is what happens when you hire SJW hipsters to run your code.

Literally none, feels good man

The only addons I give a shit about are tree style tabs and an adblocker.

I haven't moved off 52ESR yet.

Not sure what I'm gonna do about Classic Theme Restorer and Random Agent Spoofer. I have a sinking feeling that userchrome.css isn't going to be enough to make 57+ not look like ass, but I might be wrong since I haven't tried. A lot of the stuff RAS does can be done in about:config (and the ghacks user.js has those things), but what I've never seen any other addon do is spoof the reported screen size. I do all my browsing in a VM, which means that it has a very unique screen size slightly smaller than my monitor.

He's at least planning on doing a "lite" version to soften the blow.

downthemall.net/progress/

The few I did use are getting webextension versions, but I might stop using firefox starting with 57 anyways

None, I stopped using Firefox in favour of Waterfox instead.

Fuck Mozilla.

KeeFox but they're working on a webextention version so I'm golden

I stopped using Firefox.

Hey, good to know (: I am using ESR52, but mabe in a year that version will get better

Private Tabs

Do you shitpost from another window or actually keep Sup Forums in your browser history, so it will show up in auto complete etc?

What's the best solution to comfortably shitpost in this age

That's the biggest one for me.

Just using the auto type feature of regular keepass is bearable tho tbqh

>shit just updated again
>doesn't restore tabs correctly now
JUST

>but what I've never seen any other addon do is spoof the reported screen size. I do all my browsing in a VM, which means that it has a very unique screen size slightly smaller than my monitor
Why not run the VM in full screen? Also spoofing screen size only works with JavaScript disabled since any website allowed to run JavaScript can get the inner browser window size. I too will miss RAS but I'm guessing that I can use a bash script to achieve browser profile spoofing since it's done by changing entries in about:config.

I think this might be something for you
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/containers-on-the-go/

Show even one good extension which you used that is not available now.

Sup Forums have long time ago reached point where whining about nothing is meme itself. I can't take seriously any of this shit.

uBlock runs, privacy badger runs. What else could you possibly need from browser?

Mozgest Redox 3.0 Private.

Nothing, I use Waterfox :^)

thanks a lot m8, if is comfy to use I'll switch to FF57

Tab Scope is a deal breaker for me, I can't find the right tab without it.
t. brainlet

When I updated to the latest beta (and before I flocked to WaterFox, which is pretty awesome as it takes out some of the unnecessary bloats Firefox has), it was Classic Theme Restorer that bit the most. It's cliche by now, but tabs underneath the search bar are kinda my thing aesthetics wise. But that's it really.

Firefox was a mistake.

Haven't tried but might be possible to change trough UserChrome.css?

I switched to Waterfox so none.

None because I didn't use the worst web browser in history

None because i'm a waterfox cuck

Video Download Helper. But I can live without it since I have NewPipe anyway.

I have no idea because I didn't update past 54.0.1

this

sjwfox is dead to me

couldn't find a replacement for cookiemanager
any suggestions for storing and loading from files
as well as a nice interface to edit cookies on the fly?

Tab Groups
Image Rehoster
mpv integration

Still using Tab Groups on the legacy support though.

>gay
>sharex
>openwith

>sharex
It's for a different use case.
>openwith
Doesn't exist (?).

I mostly only lost VimFX, and some other addons that will be ported very soon. I decided to switch browsers not because of the purge, but because of finding out about Mozilla's censorship plans.

Currently using Furry browser

>doesn't exist
Yes it does, dumbfuck.

#TabsToolbar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group: 10000 !important;
}

It moves tabs to the bottom, but as the new tabs are designed to be on top it will look a little weird.

>censorship plans
You got bamboozled

Holy shit, thank you dude! I'll check this out asap. You're the best.

blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/08/08/mozilla-information-trust-initiative-building-movement-fight-misinformation-online/

HTTPS Everywhere.

hasn't been pushed to the mozilla page, but there is a beta for webextensions

Vimium FF is good.

user was right, bamboozled

LastPass.

Guess I'm switching back.

None, because Firefox is amazing, and I'm not retarded.

The adblock is shit with webapps as the shit just hide it from me, while it's downloaded. Seems like i have to make a huge ass hosts file.
Everything else is kinda ok
Also fuck yourself.
Only used once for a huge ass meme collection.

HideScrollbars, the userChrome equivalent isn't as good because it cuts off webpages.

How do I add adnaseum?

Lol, all this butthurt shitstorm and shilling over major update.
Why don't you all distrohop once Arch gets a major update that breaks the system for a while, you fucking hypocrites?
Also, extensions are not working due to lazy (thus shitty) developers, ublock works just fine with Firefox 58.

Op is a faggot, it's extensions' devs job to update them, they had plenty of time.

So how do you turn off this flat-design garbage?

AAAAAAAAARGGGG HHHHH WHAHAWT WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED WHAT IS THIS SHIT FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

what's the last version that doesnt fuck my addons up?

just file your social security number and personal information and address to the ADL, they'll do the rest

Majority of them are not going to update

This. I've discovered shift control a thanks to this and it's preferable to trusting another extension.

there are many agent spoofers out there, but I didn't use it to change that, RAS had many other useful options

this

this

There is no such addons that I miss

>mpv integration
Install Open with VLC, set the path to mpv

easy

I don't use Firefox, and I don't use add ons.

Lost the usable version of Tree Style Tab - there is a WebEx version but it doesn't look or work nearly as well.

Pale Moon and Waterfox don't have this problem.

Struggling with English there, Pajeet?

Yeah, I've been using the extension version for a little while and while I can still organize my tabs in trees like before, it isn't always a smooth process. The worst part is that sometimes closing child tabs doesn't bring me to the previous child tab or the parent tab but instead to the next parent tab which can be annoying at times

none.

>beta testing software
>autistic screeching about it rather than constructive criticism and contributing code

What's your agenda chromecuck?

>all criticism must be cobstructive
Nice fallacy there, shill.

If you need your extensions so much, why are you running nightlies? Are you a liar?

Self destructing cookies

I lost a lot but found replacements for most. Only tab groups will be nice to have, specially with the new containers.

canvasblocker = canvas defender
htitle = sudo apt-get uninstall gnome
no resource URI leak = already fixed
privacy settings = about:config
RAS = about:config
pureurl = link cleaner

Greasemonkey, and with it 4chanX

Rikaisama
Perapera Chinese

Fuck firefox, seriously. Nothing but a meme for years now.

>That space
Linux doesn't have this problem
>Titlebar too big
That's a standard windows title bar, has to fit in those close/min/max buttons
>addon name
Blame the addon dev
>shitty font rendering
Well, you are using windows

Bullshit that's Windows. I can go download an old version of Firefox right now and load the Classic Compact extension that shrinks those down like they should be. They took that away from me.

Go to the bottom and press Get more addons, it'll redirect you to addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

Yes, the latest is in a beta and they ought to know if it's working, you can always use firefox 56

Those are a copy of Windows controls, not native ones. Therefore, the way they are styled is completely under their control.

>Those are a copy of Windows controls, not native ones
Are you sure?

Go back to chrome then cucks, enjoy your phished extensions running keyloggers and crypto miners on your botnet node.

Yes, because you can turn on the title bar and it looks like pic related. That dumb space on the left goes away too.

I don't think you can be memeier than this.

Cookie autodelete
It looks like you are using more space

Also, notice that the duped controls are slightly askew. The - [] X on a native titlebar is perfectly centered, Mozilla's copy has all three items up too high and the - in specific is too high in its bounding box.

None.

Wew kid why are you still running microshit windaids? You're cucked by default.

>Go to the bottom and press Get more addons, it'll redirect you to addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

>more clicks to get to the same thing
>improvement