Can I get a quick rundown on uMatrix? Looks very complicated

Can I get a quick rundown on uMatrix? Looks very complicated.

Other urls found in this thread:

starbucks.bio/K1T2Z7.jpg
github.com/gorhill/uMatrix
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

noscript is way better than umatrix. umatrix looks like a fucking childs toy so many boxes. lel security can be fun xD. muh gui.

This site is 18+ Michael. Fuck off.

Read the wiki, retard.
The irony is that it's exactly the opposite. Noscript has less functionality than uMatrix.

dis. umatix is way too complicated. i like noscript more better bro

How fucking dumb do you have to be that you get sour grapes over a browser extension?

It's literally just a grid. You click the scripts you want to enable. That's literally just it. You would know this if you just read the wiki. How do people not get that?

This. uMatrix looks like cancer

t. brainlet

other one has a menu i can read. not this excel spreadsheet bullshit

Are these the same person ? Also how old are you faggot ? Nobody, and I really mean it, NOBODY in here will tolerate your juvenile fucktard behavior. Go play with fucking dolls. Go on. Leave.
Or click this nice link starbucks.bio/K1T2Z7.jpg
I'll make sure you do.

Is defending noscript the new ublock hides ads meme?

It's literally a grid. If you passed highschool maths, you should be able to infer what it does. Green means good, red means bad. Get it?

Sites being connected to on left, Content allowed or disallowed on top. The white line is blacklisted domains from the filters tab in options. Green allow, the lock icon on the top is to save temp changes to the current scope.

I would recommend you block first party scripts, frames, and XHR by default in the "my rules" tab in the options till you determine if you trust the site to allow those.

* 1st-party frame block
* 1st-party script block
* 1st-party XHR block

>muh dropdown

uMatrix isn't for everyone. If you fell for the meme and installed it and can't figure it out, go back to noscript. As for the way it looks/operates: it's a fucking matrix. It's in the name for fuck's sake. If you can't handle matrices then fuck off of Sup Forums and head back to community college. Suffice it to say uMatrix is an order of magnitude ahead of other options when it comes to fine-tuning and granularity of control.

>linking an image on an imageboard
and your calling others new. back to >>>/facebook/ sweetie

Some people are contrarians just for the sake of it. See: "What's wrong with running everything as root?", "How do you know that vaccines don't cause autism?", etc. ...

It lets you revolt against the modern web, OP.

why would i want to even click those tiny ass little half rectangle shits to make it red or green? its just a pain in the ass.

red = bad
green = good
pink = also bad
light green = also good

you can make red/pink things green by clicking on them if the website is incapable of functioning without third party scripts (Sup Forums captcha).

/thread

Nah you're just retarded and can't interpret a simple chart.

Oh for fuck's sake
I actually didn't expect anybody to be this retarded
Which one is the noscript shill ?

github.com/gorhill/uMatrix

>Definitely for advanced users.

quick rundown: don't use it, or I can already see a bunch of threads being created daily, complaining about it

noscript > umatrix
umatrix is fucking shit

this so much, umatrix is for faggots

the poortunigger with a referrer, referrer spoofing with umatrix is just a click away

umatrix wouldn't be as shitty if it had actual easy to click buttons

To control what you browser displays? That's literally exactly what Noscript does, except less effectively.

Umatrix sucks
Noscripts ftw

they are like 10 pixels big

I agree. I don't want to put up with a bunch of dumb brainlets spamming Sup Forums because they're too dumb grasp something as simple as uMatrix, and they have to put it down so that they can trick themselves into thinking they're anything more than a bunch of morons.
Good argument.

What? uMatrix even has an accessibility mode for colorblindness.

tiny places to click are shit ui design

MODS MODS MODS
DELTE THIS NOW
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

have a kek
This is Sup Forums mind you, guys here are supposed to be tech literate

I know, right?

Whoa, I'm on TV! Hi, mom!

I honestly wasn't expecting this many (you)'s.
feels good man

I'm honestly astonished how many of these people unironically use Windows.

much easier to click on than that tiny umatrix shit

nu/g/ is tech support for Sup Forums

OH SHIT HAX

>Much easier to click on that tiny shit than that significantly bigger and more navigable uMatrix interface
ftfy

bruh, the menu is huge on umatrix but the actual buttons are tiny

It's still larger than that of noscript.

no. noscript uses default menu sizes

What do you mean? Not trying to be inflammatory, I'm actually just curious at this point.

>same hit from tempe every 2-3 minutes
found you

Just use ublock advanced mode, it's pretty much the same.

the buttons to make a thing red or green are like half the size of a normal menu "button" like in noscript

Yeah, I'm having a conversation. What do you want from me?

Sure kid. I am dumb enough to share an IPlogging chart with my own hidden in there.

I don't think I understand exactly what you're saying. The buttons look larger to me. In fact, the text is larger, too.

I remember there being a guide for noobs, but not the gorshill one anyone got a link?

What exactly do you want that isn't covered in the wiki?

the buttons in umatrix are actually half buttons because they have 2 options don't they

Oh, yeah, you're right. I never thought about that. But that's only applicable to the regions where the vertical and horizontal bars intersect, and, most of the time, you're only ever interfacing with the vertical bar.

thanks for confirming our suspicions

just what did you do exactly

Forget that post. I'm an idiot.
Jesus Christ, please leave me out of this. All I wanted to do was shitpost.

Me ? Nothing.

>using any of that noscript, umatrix shit
>making your web browsing cumbersome as fuck just to pretend to be "sophisticated" and "knowledgeable" in computers

If I see someone using that shit I immediately can tell he's some pretentious fuck who overcompensates for some deficiency in his life

Real people just browse the web normally, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Regardless of that, uMatrix still provides significantly more functionality than NoScript, and to dismiss either of them like they're two competing brands of the same thing is just absurd, because they're not.

>6666
the thing you just did with finding peoples browsers in this thread

You're blatantly projecting your own insecurities. People use those extensions to control websites to display what they want them to nothing more. There are perfectly valid use cases for using both uMatrix and NoScript.

Don't bother with uMatrix. It's a really nice idea, but it's just broken. It breaks certain websites and makes them unusable, even if you set it to allow everything.

You mean their user agent?
Do you feel this way towards people who block ads, too?

Like for example?

>6666
yeah what can I say
Devil incarnate
anyway, do you still not get it ? That link I've posted is an IP logger.

Do you consider small children to be pretentious fucks because they're presumptuous enough to show off their drawings to you?

What's the point?

fun
I didn't even DoS those guys, I was just curious on how many IP's would click and was unpleasantly surprised.

So was this thread bait? In which case, what difference does it make? You and I both know that Sup Forums will fight over anything.

Nope, I didn't create the thread.
Are you a janitor or something ?

Yeah, I know. I don't really use noscript lol

Does Sup Forums even have jannies?

I actually don't know.

i think so. i got banned a while back for brap posting. hardly a bannable offence imo

you both are fucking retarded

rude.

That starbucks.bio entry concerns me.
He can't track me just with that, can he?

with what exactly ?
also tell me a single reason why you're not using Tor for opening random links

The y axis represent the websites you connect, the x axis represent what you accept fro those websites. Do you want to accept javascript from google? That means "script". Do you want to accept java applets from some other random site? That is what plugin means. XHR is some data, and frame are like windows from other sites.

To the nigger samefagging shit suggesting noobscript, fucking kill yourself.

The thing is I haven't opened anything, I guess 4ChanX is doing some stuff when it detects an image link.

lmao, I didn't even notice that. That's it. I'm officially disabling everything but first party scripts universally.

oh
well shit, I guess I can, thanks for the tip

Yeah, fucking 4chanX. That explains it. Fucking hell.

lel one of ublock's tracking filter lists catches, Sup Forums truly is filled with mongoloids

the link was deleted unless it was one the images post?

disable embedding on 4chanX

starbucks.bio/K1T2Z7.jpg

I made the colorblind mode

You're the guy from Tempe, right?
Yeah, eradicate 4chanX immediately

What do you mean you made it? As in you wrote the feature that Gorhill committed upstream? In which, case, thanks, mang. I really appreciate it.

B-but I can't live without post threading!

Nah, but looks like 4chanX really needs to change some defaults.

B-but any retard that inserts an IP logging link can immediately get your IP address without you ever clicking on anything
I just did
Maybe it is a setting in 4chX, check it out, then try loading this page again I'll let you know if your IP was logged again or not.

I know, user. I was just joking.