>math skills are average, enough to get by
>company hires this H1B pajeet
>good guy, works hard, doesn't smell or anything
>we work with embedded signal processing so work can be often math heavy
>pajeet has god tier math skills
>company hires another pajeet
>he too, has great math skills
>start getting conscious about my math skills

Why are all these pajeets so good at math? They're not too good at programming or anything, but their why the fuck are their math skills so good?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srinivasa_Ramanujan
youtube.com/watch?v=IHTg5zzFEKE
breitbart.com/tech/2017/05/10/report-only-36-of-indian-coders-can-write-compilable-code/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_mathematics
tutorial.math.lamar.edu/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

maybe you are underqualified for your current job user

Indian unis have a focus on it,the ones that actually understand the questions and are capable at applying them to irl situations are pretty smart

cause that's what they learned?
graduate in math and programming is just learning syntax.

they discovered the number 0
also this guy: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srinivasa_Ramanujan

they have a natural aptitude for it or something

also their schools

>over a billion curry niggers

So 2 have good maths, bound to happen

the question is why are you so bad at math? did math bite you when you were a child? did math kill your parents?
also, pajeets always smell

Keep in mind: The ones that move here are either their brightest or shadiest. They either got to where they are by being smarter than everyone else in their home country or by screwing over enough people that they could move to greener pastures.

A lot of companies got into deep shit for having lots of "Engineers" who never actually went to school for it. Bombardier, for instance.

youtube.com/watch?v=IHTg5zzFEKE

I am just about average at maths, maybe even slightly better than your average joe.
These pajeets are ridiculously good, they're mathematician tier good

Because in school they spent more time doing maths than reading Hamlet or some other garbage.

You too can become godly at math you just need the work ethic.

It's simple then, look up for mathematician jobs and recommend them to your Indian friends

You won't get fired and they both get a better paying job

I found out several years ago that most countries outside of North America don't have students do presentations on a regular basis. So many stories of people finally finishing their college/university and having to do their first ever presentation which will make-or-break the whole fucking thing and spaghetti overflowing from every orifice.

>Live in pajeetland for a year
>roommate has his MBA
>he is unable to calculate average or percentage

On average they're some of the dumbest people you'll ever meet but there's so many of them there are bound to be outliers.

>doesn't smell or anything
I think this story might be a fabrication guys..

presentations lol
how about working on the problem, for a change

You can't do a proper presentation without doing the research work, first.

there are 1.3 billions pajeet so the one they send you are top tier geniuses

but can they poo in the loo?

this. they also made it to the US, out of that 2billion others. those two shitskins are like the top 1%. and OP you are just an average citizen.

there is nothing wrong about this.

Agreed. I had an Indian roommate in college who did optical modeling for solar cells and the dude was good, dedicated, and humble about it. Made it great to talk with him (did electronic interfaces). Fast-forward to working at companies and man not a single Indian left on a good note.

Chances are they're not really THAT great. American education just kind of sucks for the most part.

>tfw my mother is a mathematician and father is a scientist
I can't even pass calculus 2. I can't imagine how disappointed they are in me. How do I learn maths on my own? Is there a god tier textbook people secretly use?

Practice. Not even joking. Practice, practice, and more practice. It's not really about having a brain for math things, it's more about having a brain to be able to sit there for long hours just to practice the same shit over and over again (and find that activity interesting.)

Best thing you can do is simply forcing yourself and pass somehow. I mean people use Adderral, pay others to write the tests (you just pay them and they sit in instead), use mic/earphones from eBay to cheat ("spy earphone"), they use simple smartphone apps to cheat (Symbolab, Mathway, Wolfram) or you can pay someone, send them the questions and they send it back via phone or something.

> inb4 cheating is baaad
Fuck off. Life is about succeeding one way or another. Survival at any cost.

breitbart.com/tech/2017/05/10/report-only-36-of-indian-coders-can-write-compilable-code/

Are you a pajeet?

Have you met Chinese? They all seem like geniuses. I don't know how they're so smart.

>breitbart
Fake news

We Indian Pajeets are not allowed to use calculators till we're 18. I first heard about Texas Instruments when I was 16. Also pajeet schools focus on rote learning not understanding so..

Aryabhatta discovered the 0 faggot. That is the guy from The Man Who Knew Infinity

lol a Pajeet would not cheat. I am a white devil who used other tactics to overcome obstacles. Got hired by big companies even during my student years (actual interviews have zero to do with math and they barely ever care about the right answers). Worked at multiple places, did well, had good performance reviews. Enjoyed the ride.

I mean yeah if you want to get into image processing, big data or something then you indeed have to learn serious math and be good at it. But that's like 1% of the programmers. The market is just small for them too, so it's not like companies hire them by the dozen.

>I am just about average at maths, maybe even slightly better than your average joe.
Friendly reminder that American math education is absolutely appalling, and comparing yourself to fellow americans is not a good comparison.

Cheating is not "overcoming obstacles". You may be white, but I guess you're the nigger kind of white (aka slavic).

Ps.: In the end, the image processing guy won't earn that much more. A C++ programmer gets just as much in my country, so meh. C++ is also piss easy at high / company level, no one messes around with pointers and whatnot in enterprise code, it's not worth the risk. It's just written in C++ to be fast enough. (And if something gets fucked, you have the neckbeard smelly colleague (no, not a pajeet) who dreams in C++ and will fix the code up.) We had two of these fucks and they made the floor smell if we opened their doors.

Neither. I am sorry, I am white as it gets. White parents, white heritage. If you never take the chances that life gives you, if you never try your best to overcome problems, you will just become another wageslave cuck in the system. Why would anyone ever want to do that? That's just bloody awful.

>Life is about succeeding one way or another
And then you end up working on a system that is vital to someone and your incompetence costs lives because you can't cheat around making quality shit.

>I am sorry,
Why are you sorry?

>I am white as it gets. White parents, white heritage
But nigger attitude.

>If you never take the chances that life gives you, if you never try your best to overcome problems, you will just become another wageslave cuck in the system.
But user, I did this. I worked full time while doing my master's while most of my peers just partied their grades and degrees away. I deliberately chose all the difficult but interesting courses instead of going the easy route, because I didn't want to end up with a menial web dev or sysadmin job. Now I'm doing a PhD and when I'm done in about a year or so, I already have 3 years of experience from the industry.

So your solution to being incompetent is being replaced by people you call smelly losers? Any half-way competent manager will just can your ass.

user you missed my point.
What you describe is how most girls ended up in my university. In fact, around 90% dropped out, and the ~8% that remained did this. They simply used their "social skills" to get their homework done, to get their exam done, etc. They basically cheated their entire way through. Of course no one employed them later on, so they just ended up choosing some other career.

But if you can code, and have some weaknesses (i.e.: you are not a math genius but the school still requires high math skills), you can get around that. From what I learned at work - people want people they can work with. No one really wants a neckbeard ponyfucker that smells like piss. Yeah maybe he has top grades, even received an award. But who cares? No boss or employee ever wants to talk or work with them, so why bother?

I had one interview at a big company, was a bit nervous. Flunked a question, then the boss was like: "Not like I care about that, I want good people working with us." Got home and my phone started ringing. They wanted to hire me.

> But nigger attitude.
Oh god. Neckbeard/pol much?

> Now I'm doing a PhD and when I'm done in about a year or so, I already have 3 years of experience from the industry.
So? Congratulations.
I did what I did, I also worked full time, and I also had experience by the time I left. Plenty of folks do that.
As I said there is nothing wrong with what you are doing, but you won't earn a cent more than others do.

Well actually I mostly had bosses who moved up from being coders for years and no one ever had an issue with me. I also did very well at performance reviews that we had each year.

I'd argue that the barriers are higher for foreigners. Or the other way around: The foreigner applying for the US are probably the top 10 percentage of their year. So it's like comparing apples and oranges.

Also india is much rougher than the US, so if you know it's "git gud or get recked" people are naturally trying to fight harder than people like us who will get along well without greater effort.

But you see, being successful in work life is a multidimensional thing. If you are good enough in math, than try to find other areas where you excel. Maybe have better documentation, cleaner work style, be faster, more reliable, be more charming or be a networker.

Eventually I've never seen two people where one better than the other in every aspect. For example asians are usually working machines and brilliant in hard skills. But they are often used to strict hierarchy and when you give them more self-responsibility and let them make their own decisions, they get stuck more often than westerners.

But again, those are only broad cultural trends. You might find an asian who is more individualistic and not so much a brilliant technician. And you'll find indians that smell like curry and are lazy - and you'll find Ramanujans: honest, brilliant minds. It always depends on the personality.

That said:
Indian math is pretty old and has a good reputation.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_mathematics

>Oh god. Neckbeard/pol much?
Not at all. Your acceptance of cheating is just something frequently exhibited in inferior cultures. I'm sorry if it triggers you, but it is true. I just use the word nigger because this is fucking Sup Forums, you newfag. We call everyone niggers.

Your nihilism and acceptance of cheating is mostly found in countries that have broken and corrupt systems, where the only thing that matters is fucking other people over or else you get fucked over yourself. The west doesn't have this problem, even though right-wing idiots claim it does and blame jews for being losers at life.

>I did what I did, I also worked full time, and I also had experience by the time I left. Plenty of folks do that.
Not plenty. Most people don't even bother with an internship in my experience and get surprised when they have to do entry level shit after 3-5 years of university.

>As I said there is nothing wrong with what you are doing, but you won't earn a cent more than others do.
Well, actually it will. But that's not the reason why I did it, it's because I don't want to slave away at a job I don't really care about. I'm supposed to spend the next 25-30 years doing this shit, so why not make it something I actually enjoy doing.

>From what I learned at work - people want people they can work with. No one really wants a neckbeard ponyfucker that smells like piss. Yeah maybe he has top grades, even received an award. But who cares? No boss or employee ever wants to talk or work with them, so why bother?
You are a retard if you think being good at something means that you are some sort of fat autist with poor personal hygiene. Most people manage to be both good at their profession AND have a normal social life. The "but you're just a nerd" excuse might have worked in high school, but this is real life and people don't give a fuck if you're Chad Thundercock or just an Average Joe as long as you know your shit.

>thinly veiled poos are smart thread
Nice try, Pajeet. I've never met an H1B that was worth anything except undercutting wages.

>I've never met an H1B
ftfy

You'd actually have to leave your mother's basement in order to do that.

>doesn't smell or anything
shouldn't you try and make your greentext believable user?

80% of the testers in my company are Indian and they're leagues above the native British testers.
Seriously British testers are fucking garbage. Most of them don't have the slightest interest in tech and only chose testing because theres fuckall entry requirements

> Not at all.
Then you proceed with a post that reeks of fedora and vape.

>this is fucking Sup Forums, you newfag. We call everyone niggers.
Been here for 8-10 years now, and no, we don't call others niggers out of the blue, you fucking faggot.

> jews, niggers, right-wing
First you try to sound real smart, and then you make a fool out of yourself. No one ever with proper skills, grades and/or a PhD would write shit like this.

> Not plenty.
At my uni most did. The issue was more that they started working, and you know, it prints money. Companies also love to pressure interns. Even though they request a low amount of hours each work and promise "work that is not crucial" that changes once you start (and once you let them to). So quite a few ended up getting dropped out. They usually kept getting harder tasks and so they started working more. They thought - since they did important work (working on live code) - the company will just hire them without a degree.
But that never really works out. Yes I said you can get hired as an intern, but unless the company approaches you with an offer - don't dream about it. And if the company drops you and you lack the skills, you will be out in the wild.

> Well, actually it will.
Not sure which workplace you aim for, but I was in pretty good terms with my boss at my last workplace and it was an international company with branches even in Japan. So of course, I knew about the wages. C++ engineers of course made more than test engineers or the IT crowd (literally placed in the basement), but that was all. If you ever _really_ worked at a professional workplace / as a coder, you knew that the only real way to get a better paycheck is to hop workplaces every now and then.

Tbh testing is menial work though. I don't blame them, I would probably kill myself before having to do testing for a living. The Indians are probably grateful because the alternative is to starve which is why they put in some effort.

> You are a retard if you think being good at something means that you are some sort of fat autist with poor personal hygiene.
Lol it's actually personal experience. Maybe you never went to uni, or you never actually met "gifted people". Or maybe, you are just one yourself. (But hey, this may be a good wake up call and you just learned why your colleagues are trying to avoid you.)

I r8 this b8 8/8.

>Then you proceed with a post that reeks of fedora and vape.
Not an argument.

>Been here for 8-10 years now, blablabla
We do. Also, only newfags get triggered by being called newfags.

>First you try to sound real smart, and then you make a fool out of yourself. No one ever with proper skills, grades and/or a PhD would write shit like this.
Why don't you just start shouting "I'M SO TRIGGERED RIGHT NOW I'M LITERALLY SHAKING" already?

>Not sure which workplace you aim for
As long as the boss and the colleagues aren't asshats I'm happy with the workplace. I'm more concerned with the work tasks to be honest.

>but I was in pretty good terms with my boss at my last workplace and it was an international company with branches even in Japan.
All three companies I worked for/with (my PhD is done in collaboration with the third company) where international companies, with dev teams in different countries and sale partners around the world.

>If you ever _really_ worked at a professional workplace / as a coder, you knew that the only real way to get a better paycheck is to hop workplaces every now and then.
Which is why I went back to do a PhD instead of continuing working at the any of the two companies I did work for.

In my experience, self-proclaimed neckbeards (those with sticker-covered thinkpads and with FSF swag like buttons and shit) are usually all talk and nothing more. They do a couple of undergrad courses and then they drop out.

Of course, this trade has its fair share of borderline autistic people, but they're easy to deal with if you're not autistic yourself and most of them only have quirky social lives. They have a genuine passion for what they do, can't hate om them for that.

>programming is just learning syntax
Get off my board.

he's a brit he says maths

>he's a brit he says maths
Americans say maths too.

Anyway, if he's a brit then why did he say H1B pajeet? Brits don't have this.

no they don't its specifically a brit thing only Americans who use brit terms for things are massive faggots

There was a pajeet in my class in high school and he was at the top of the class in math. Literally any fucking convoluted problem you threw at him he would solve just like that.
Doesnt change the fact that the other billion indians shit on streets

No we don't. If we do it's only because making it plural makes it sound silly and whimsical

See

no you fucktard math is already plural do you also say deers and fishs?

I literally went through all of Khan Academy starting with addition. Helped a lot.

Is it really that helpful? I'm shit at math too.

I say maths ironically

Thanks senpai

Consider working through this:
tutorial.math.lamar.edu/

I skipped all my Calc 3 lectures in college and just taught myself from this instead because the professor personally insulted me. Ended up acing it.

Yes, every video has automated excerises that you can do until you're happy you get it.

I had to do a math test to qualify for the web dev course at my local vocational school
couldn't have done it without spending a month watching khan maths videos and practicing for an hour a day
literally didn't know how to balance equations and I passed high school

I'll give them both a shot then.Hopefully I still have time to un-fuck myself

I still don't know my times tables, although I've been using this game on my phone to help memorize them. I still don't understand how I managed to pass these classes all of these years.

Pajeet here. because our education system is essentially just maths. other subjects are just there, they just exist as a formality. Pajeets spend hours solving math problems, because to them, math is one subject that lets them score the most, because there's no literature tier uncertainty, if the answer is right, it's right, if it's wrong, well no job for you. And frankly american education can't compete with indian education, the sheer ruthlessness is enough to make an american squirm in fear. Americans focus on practical , aplliable knowledge while indian education focuses on short term scores in exams, which is why Indian students irl are very slow to show creativity or when it comes to apply what they learned. Not that it's a good thing but it is true. It's do or die over here. Just fucking git gud man, maths isn't the only thing in this world, focus on your programming and algorithms.

Oh wait you're an engineer. You're fucked breh, try khan academy or something. Embedded shit requires maths but mostly bit magic as far as I'm aware. I'm not very good at maths at all but doing good in programming because I'm just a codemonkey kek

Because it's all about signal processing. And that is mostly math, particularly linear algerbra and statistics, fourier transform, optimization and algorithms.

You learned how to program or do electronics design, I guess.

Signal processing is a field by itself. SP requires a MSc or Phd. So you should not really compare to them, I think?

>because the professor personally insulted me

You're unlucky to get some component ones, it happens.

Also I assume they are younger and the courses are fresher in their mind. Math muscles atrophy with lack of use.

user you are cool.
many famous people have cheated for success, corporations too and government
what you are experiencing now is the magnification of evil in the act of cheating, making others despise you for saying to cheat.
what they don't understand is cheating occurs everywhere...

>what they don't understand is cheating occurs everywhere...
Then everything must burn