GPD WIN is still useful

>GPD WIN is still useful
Who would have though it?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamersnexus.net/images/media/2017/news/intel-roadmap-pentium-1.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Of course it is, what kind of dumbass thread is this?

What are some GPD WIN clones?

gamersnexus.net/images/media/2017/news/intel-roadmap-pentium-1.jpg

If it doesn't run Gemini Lake, it's garbage

i can't think of any

that's one of the few games that make GPDwin look like a good idea.
No android version, can't be emulated, easy enough to run on weak hardware and works with gamepad controls.

I imagine stuff like Darkest Dungeon would be good on it too.
Still doesn't seem worth the money, I'd just stream to my phone and deal with the lag.

Any playable game not designed for touchscreens makes the Win a good idea, not to mention it works for things outside of gaming as well.

Are you a tech illiterate or just baiting?

I'll get the second version if they ever make one, which hopefully will have more competent specs

weird how only this obscure chink company thought of making a handheld gaming pc

If you want to play any game (current indie or pre 2013 AAA) or emulate any console (pre 7th gen) it's a good idea for portable gayming.

I wouldn't keep counting on it.

Dedicated handheld emulation devices have existed for decades.
They did one too, but then they realized they could make it based on x86 and run actual Windows, fastly expanding the game library and emulator support over anything else.

it would be more interesting to me if it looked more premium and had better performance.
The GPD pocket for instance looks really nice but isn't really designed for gaming.

GPD needs to understand that they're making a luxury device, no one really needs a handheld gaming PC.
It's like smart watches, you're going for a niche.
I think they should try to make another GPDwin that doesn't look like shit and has just that bit more performance to make it more respectable in modern games.
Emulation can't be it's sole selling point, android devices can do it just as well for cheaper.
It needs to excel at PC gaming.

>it would be more interesting to me if it looked more premium and had better performance.
More premium? Having held one in my hands, it's no worse then a Switch in terms of build quality. Not that the Switch is super either.

>had better performance.
One can dream. We are limited by the hardware we have available, even current more efficient low power SoCs from Intel are too much for that form factor after Atom was discounted.

>GPD needs to understand that they're making a luxury device, no one really needs a handheld gaming PC.
Speak for yourself.

>I think they should try to make another GPDwin that doesn't look like shit and has just that bit more performance to make it more respectable in modern games.
Maybe in 5 years.

>Emulation can't be it's sole selling point, android devices can do it just as well for cheaper.
Emulation is it's biggest point. Better emulator support then Android and even better performance over ARM, easily beats GameCube emulation on the Shield.
If you want cheap, sure go Android, it's shit but hey, you get what you pay for.

>It needs to excel at PC gaming.
It already does, I'm happy playing 5+ year old games nicely on the go.

>More premium? Having held one in my hands, it's no worse then a Switch in terms of build quality. Not that the Switch is super either.
He's talking aesthetics.

If it's not ugly, it's okay. It's nice to hold and does not break into a 100 pieces when dropped, it's all that's needed.
Looks over function is for normies.

Maybe you want a golden one? I heard people love golden Apple watches.

it's a bit rich to call android "shit" at emulation.
It can run RA which basically has you covered for everything , Shield can emulate GC/Wii so GPDwin's clear advantage is PS2 emulation.
It's not like it will ever emulate Wii U or PS3.
That's a small comparative advantage.

I see it's benefits as a PC being far larger.
The idea you can use the same cloud saves and purchases from your PC in a handheld is really neat.

>Looks over function is for normies.
you can have both.
Even GPD fell for the aluminum meme.

People are expecting way too much from a cheap chink device.
I have a second revision one and I have no complains what so ever.

The Win is available with an aluminum shell also.
It's more of a structural and heat dispensing advantage then just looks.

>It's not like it will ever emulate Wii U
I get 94% in Super Mario 3D with Cemu and 100% in Super Mario Maker.
With only a few frames in SM3D lacking from full speed, I'm sure it's an emulator weakness that could one day be solved.

An Atom can do that? Neat. I mean sure a Wii U is basically an OCed multi-core G3 machine but still

An atom cannot emulate most PS2/wii titles, and definitely not the wii u aside from maybe < 5 cherry picked examples.

>It's more of a structural and heat dispensing advantage then just looks.
I doubt it, considering the part that actually contacts the heatsink is still plastic.

Can a C2D do it? How are emulators with multithreading?

Are you from the future?