Why is this place so jealous of Apple?

Why is this place so jealous of Apple?

They've done a lot for the computing industry.

Because today they are a fashion accessory and the "innovation" at present is just gimmicks to force people to buy accessories.

Poor fags are poor

But seriously, apples closed ecosystem is against a typical geeks interests of wanting to make technology do new things.

But plenty of people are very happy with a "just works" system.

>apple shill
>relentless reddit spacing
stop posting on this board

>Apple shill
>Reddit spacing

Or maybe it's breaking up paragraphs to make it nice to read.

This.
I'm actually mad that Apple is ruined, it was a great company.

Retard.

>paragraphs = sentences

No, it's breaking up individiual sentences into paragraphs, which is the definition of reddit spacing.

Basically, people want to have someone to hate and it's Apple on here. Never trust just one source for your information. Apple are working hard and making the technology integrated tightly with the software, which is very good for them. It's a closed eco-system, which isn't for everyone, but you pay your money and take your choice.

Sup Forums just has a hard-on for hating on Apple and there's nothing worth bothering to try and change that.

most people don't simply "hate apple", but rather the people who say offensive bullshit like "you're just jealous" (see: OP), or "you're too poor", or "mah blue ballbles", etc
apple isn't forcing anything on anyone, they're very much a minority in their fields
but many of it's users are loud and obnoxious

reckon apple lost the plot around 2014-15

I disagree. You have many posts when an apple reveal happens laughing at feature x, y and z. There is a lot of hate for apple. But you'll always have rabid fans of both sides. It's like the console wars. Ultimately they are all good, so there isn't a winner. But people want to fight it out, so it's best to ignore those that are super for or against and listen to those that give reasoned arguements.

people make fun of stupid hardware features regardess of if it's something from apple or not

>they're very much a minority in their fields
>Over 1 billion iPhones sold
>World population: 7 Billion
>Apple is worth over 1 Trillion USD
>Mac user base is over 100 million world wide

KEK

True. But rabid fanboyism on both sides makes people blind.

yea, that part is just human nature

>loaded question fallacy

You're not even interested in hearing the answer. Why even bother asking the question?

they've sold a lot, and they're worth a lot.
and? that doesn't mean they have the most of any market

What's the point when your answer is going to be wrong and one sided anyway?

Sup Forums is worse than plebbit.

It is full of autistic teenagers that have no understanding that their personal needs and preferences aren't a standard for measuring quality and usefulness of a product. Plus the lack of social life drives them further to seek validation through autistically arguing their material effects are "objectively the best" online.

>cs/math department
>90% of laptops are thinkpads and macbooks
>windows/mac/linux/bsd everywhere
>people are busy chatting, exchanging ideas and learning

>Sup Forums
>people who use computers solely to watch anime and write 1 python helloworld a month argue product choices for hours on end

>that doesn't mean they have the most of any market

No one cares if gooks in China or Poojeets in India or any 3rd world shitty country can't afford an iPhone.

iPhone is the most premium phone brand in the world and the gold standard. It exudes status and every other phone tries to be it very hard.

So that's like saying a Toyota does the same job as a Mercedez. Why even buy a Mercedez? Oh, maybe I want a luxury item and I have a good paying job?

You clearly have no concept of how Capitalism works.

Go enjoy your "rooted" Gaydroid device.

Serious reply from a macfag.
1. Having non-service replaceable glue-on parts is retarded and absurd. Once my 2014 dies I'm getting a thinkpad. Fuck apple and their jewish tricks.

>"you just can't afford it!"
>"it's premium! (and standard, at the same time, apparently)"
>"car analogy!"
why not try an original argument once in a while?
nothing you said in any way refutes what i said

There's nothing to service or replace unless you actually smash your gear into walls. The only thing I had to replace in my Thinkpad in years is a broken hinge.

a lot of other laptops have been dragged down by this "thin" trend
make sure you pay attention when picking something if you hope for flexible hardware

So what's your point?

Apple has a different ethos than any other company. They see their devices as appliances. It has been this way since the early 1980s.

If you look at the market right now, that's where everything is headed anyway. Apple was always ahead of it's time in terms of a closed system.

Look at Microshaft and their hardware/software. It's becoming more closed as the days go by.

Same with Android devices.

It's very simple. Go spend your money on another device like a $200 Gaydroid and enjoy your paperweight.

I'm probably gonna just get a 3rd gen x1 carbon or something.

Get 4+ gen. Third doesn't support NVME, only AHCI.

What about 5th? I don't like how the 4th looks like the Yoga

Well is 5 ≥ 4?

true. guess i'll pick one up black friday

You have genuine complaints. High prices for what seems to be not so amazing hardware. Some people don't just think of design as "what it looks like on the outside". You need something that doesn't overheat, doesn't require dongles left and right or becomes unusable when charging. And those are some of the problems Apple had in the last few years.

There's also disliking the cultish behavior of some people. When you get the same product with a different coat of paint and you're willing to pay more, or you care so much about the color of your text bubbles, there's something really wrong.

However, there's something undeniable. Ever since the release of the iPhone 4, maybe a bit later, there's another cult of anti apple consumers. People who will worship other company that's directly competing against them or simply be "allergic" to these products because they have an apple logo on them. Therefore when showing anything that is remotely good from Apple, they will lie to themselves more than any other people. That's not much better at all. It's in everyone's interest that, when a company does something right, they keep doing it right and we can point that out too.

For instance, the magic trackpad. You don't use gestures? Fair enough. Some people do and some people really get through the day with them. But it's made by Apple so that already labels it as a worthless piece of garbage. That already makes some people's skin crawl.

>looks like the Yoga
Is this bait? Yoga is a variant of X1. It's the exact same case with 180 degree hinges.

i'm talking about the 4th gens hinges user...

Yes, that's what I'm saying. The only difference between 4th and 5th gen is that the former has 1cm wider hinges. That's a strange fetish, but whatever. Sure 5th is great - it's the same machine with better specs.

>single sentence paragraphs

Jealous? More like saddened.

Back in the 90s and 00s they made good gear.

Now it's all dongle crap

Actually, no.

Literally "Apple vs World"

kys idiot.

Also, Apple doesn't want to sell the most, they want to sell the most of the lucrative top range. And that's exactly what they are getting.

>everything has a gold colored version
k

>They've done a lot for the computing industry.
Yeah a lot of damage.

This is why you need to go back

>applel
Not Sup Forums related, go to the subhuman board

OP I wanted you to know that I've quit smoking yesterday...
how?

I was boored and google about tongue cancer, well yea.. fuck that, fuck alcohol and smoking forever.

apple was great at empowering normies and giving them low barrier to entry access to tech.

they have their place.

Sup Forums just is not the target market. and that is okay.