Friend just built another computer

>friend just built another computer
>top shit in there
>doesn't play vidya so it's wasted

Stop being a jealous cunt and get a job.

Dude, he works from home but he could do all the shit he does with a regular laptop. It's a fucking waste.

>working from home
>not using a laptop

at least he's not retarded

Board quality: continuous decline.

>build high end computer
>anything I've done since could be made on a $250 build

Why? I'd do anything to play my vidya at Max settings 60fps. I can't understand how you're not on Steam 24/7.

I think it's exponential.

well not as bad as my $4000 anime watching machine
I really thought I'd game more on it but somehow just lost all interest in games

>Build PC in 2014
>[email protected]
>GTX 970 1531mh
>16GB 2133mhz ram (OC from 1600)

Only use it to watch anime and occasional old game.
I remember when I go this I was like "I'm going to try all those new games!" but I never did.

Well, mostly mental stuff. I would've had more use from it when I was younger, but then I couldn't afford it.

When I wanted it I didn't have it.
When I don't need it I have it.

That's a true human tragedy.

I feel you, satan.

This kid has a better rig than you.

Oh fuck now I understand OP's raging envy

What does exponential mean

Lol

Same here user. Kind of.
>old laptop breaks down
>decide to do desktop plus thinkpad combo
>buy thinkpad
>since gpu is expensive buy gpu plus psu plus expresscard adapter to be able to use following while I save up for mobo and cpu etc
>realize egpu is enough to play whatever I want
>realize that I don't even care about new gaymen much
>don't even use egpu now
At least I have a comfy thinkpad

What is happening in this image? Is he running 3 instances of minecraft on 3 different monitors?

It supports 3-screen now

So this is what Sup Forums and /r/pcmasterrace look like.

How does that even work? The images on the screens don't look continuous and the arm is pointed in different directions.

It's probably just duplicated screens

It's manipulated to make fun of him.
He's actually browsing Sup Forums on the right screen.

I did some internet sleuthing and this appears to be the original image.

W-why the hell did he get a top rig for if he doesn't play games??

>those dead eyes of a PC gaymur

Because he thinks he needs that for fucking Photoshop and graphic design.

Increasing at an increasing rate.
Or decreasing at an increasing rate.

Happens VERY often, just ask any normie what rig they have:
>"Yeah it says 'i9' and 'Titan' on the front, sounded awesome so I spent the $2k!"

I wish I had a powerful rig so I could compile stuff on Gentoo in reasonable times.

No, that's merely quadratic. x^2 increases at an increasing rate, but it's nowhere near exponential.

Exponential is when you drop a breeding pair of rabbits on an uninhabited island. After one year there are, say 12 rabbits. After 2 years 144. After 4 years there are over 20 thousand. And if it wasn't for physical limits, there would be more rabbits than humans after 9 years. After 20 years, more rabbits than there is matter on Earth.

Exponential processes are the most terrifying and powerful forces in this universe.

>beginning of the year
>build my first desktop
>AMD FX-6300
>GTX 970
>16GB RAM
>two 1TB hard drives, one for Linux and one for Windows
>3TB external backup hdd
>end up mostly using Windows on it to play games with friends because I use my X200 for Linux stuff
I wasn't even planning to use it for gaming at all. it was gonna be my work computer and only have Linux on it so I could be productive and program and research AI/robotics to create my own waifubot and then I guess I got lazy and started losing motivation. feels bad.

>doesn't play vidya so it's wasted

/3/ here...

Did exactly this, because of Iray rendering support by Nvidia cards...the more CUDA cores, the faster the render.

>giant ass video card with three fans
>logo on it changes color
>motherboard supported my old video card, too, so they work in tandem
>all the components came with gamer sticker shit
>kek every time I look at it...all I wanted to do was cut my render time down to a fifth of what it was, and I succeeded
>sometimes play Minesweeper

>muh gaemz
vidya is a waste of time anyway

Yes AI is a great excuse for a decent gaming computer. GPUs nowadays have completely absurd amounts of computing power for their cost. It's funny how the gaming industry has massively subsidized AI research.

Clown computing is an option but really expensive if you are doing anything serious. I think partially because Nvidia heavily marks up GPUs sold to cloud computing companies and cripples consumer GPUs if they detect they are in a VM. And for some reason no one writes software for anything other than Nvidia.

I hate you.

/Thread

I'm thinking of getting a card for Redshift.

>tfw built 2500 euro animu machine