Vaping/E-Cigs

What does Sup Forums think about E-Cigs? I see a lot of people here who smoke on a daily basis. I myself also smoke around half a pack everyday and I'm looking for something that might satisfy my needs but is also more healthy.

Are E-Cigs the future?
Why dont you smoke E-Cigs?
Are E-Cigs a better alternative to normal cigarettes?

>smoke E-Cigs
you don't smoke e-cigarettes

i neither smoke nor vape, but e-cigarettes are a godsend, i wish every smoker started vaping instead.

I'm already gay, no thanks

VAPE NAYSH Y'ALL

so you dont want to be more gay?

Tips: Buy a serious personal vaporizing device(an evic-vtc mini is fine), not a ego battery stuff (I don't know if they sell those anymore).

Do your research, try different nicotine mgs. Too low nicotine and you'll have cravings or vape e-liquid like mad. Too much and you'll get headaches. Adjust nicotine taking into account your wattage and resistance, since they effect the ammount of nicotine you inhale.

The nicotine ones are illegal in my country, so people who smoke that go over to vaping generally end up doing both regular and ecigs.

I blow clouds like the faggot i am and i like it and cigarettes are gross

Using 6mg juice.

Worked away from home this summer for three months and didnt bring my vape, surprisingly enough i felt no abstinence from day one onwards.

I like being gay though so i hopped on the vape train when i got home again.

>not wanting to pay taxes makes you gay

t. government shill.

aside from nicotine, cigs contain maois and other highly addictive substsances. the e juice only contains nicotine and some propylene glycol. so vaping is not nearly as addictive as smoking, so some people might have trouble giving up cigs and switching to vaping

Physical addictions are easy to beat with a little self discipline though.
If you go cold turkey for 2 weeks you are no longer physically addicted to anything in cigarettes.

It's the habit that is more difficult to quit.

E-cigs helped me stop smoking. They're pretty cool.

yeah i gotta agree with you. For me its mostly the habbit to smoke after a meeting or lunch or training and so on

Been on a vapor for 3 months now and am actually loving it. Its great to replace the habbit with and tastes way better. If you start, get a decent mod with external batteries (got an internal one and regret is).

Furthermore its just a great hobby too, soon I'll start mixing my own juices and flavors and a friend of mine already build a mod from scratch.

what the hell is this gay meme around vaping?

I hate how vaping tastes
I want that burning cancer

Worse than cigarettes. Developed an arrhythmia from too much nicotine.

Can't help you use it like a retard?

get juice with tobacco flavor then. tastes the same as normal cigs.

still doesn't come close honestly.
also vaping doesn't pair well with coffee and alcohol. both of those drinks bring out the vegetable juice taste instead, and I just can't.
maybe some other time.

plus these kinds of mechanical failure

wow stupid retards who buy some non-brand well known chink shit that horribly made and blow up themselves. news at 11.

oh wow lmao never knew a person that got THAT huge problems with vaping

wow stupid retards who buy some non-brand no-known chink shit that horribly made and blow up themselves. news at 11.

>"She told the M.E.N: “All I can remember is a puff of smoke and a bang, I knew something had hit me because I had blood pouring from my face. I looked down and my hands were black and there was a deep hole in my thumb from where I’d pressed the button.”"

On 11mg with 0.5ohm kangertech.
Have it at about 25w.
Comfy AF!

Yes this is Sup Forums, most everyone here is aware of the dangers of Lithium batteries and cares for them appropriately.

Dumb fucking normies buying the cheapest batteries they can and then cycling the absolute piss out of them deserve all the shrapnel they get. The fuckers do it to laptops too, the only difference is you don't put a laptop in your mouth.

I usually use an e-cig all day, but last night got drunk and smoked a lot of cigs.
I have a lot of gunk in my throat and I'm coughing it up. As a cig smoker you get used to your cough and hacking. Vaping lets me feel like I have a "clean" lung, even if I've been vaping all day.

E-cigs kept me from smoking real cigarettes. I'll still have an occasional cigar in special occasion but I'm not a fan of tobacco in general.

This literally only happens when newbies try to use mechanical boxes without knowing anything about how ohms law works.

>"Joseph Cavins' face bears the scars after his electronic cigarette exploded. The 63-year-old now wears a black patch because his left eye had to be removed and replaced with a prosthetic one."

after chainvaping for a week or two, i'd say that the PG/VG carrier tends to dry the fuck out of your mucous membranes as opposed to making them produce more mucus like the irritants in cigarette smoke do. This is a problem mostly because it makes you more susceptible to disease, and the body's response is to overproduce mucus afterwards so I do get a kind of nasty lung feeling for a while afterwards.

ill take the bait

mech mods used by inexperienced users

>63 years old

>well i wasn't born when these newfangled things came out, let me just drain this highly explosive battery to the point it suffers physical damage and then try and charge it again this will surely have no ill effects whatsoever
>hmm, my vape is making smoke and hissing before I even press the button, better jam it in my face!

*boom*

>"The father of three was rushed to intensive care at his local hospital, where doctors had to remove chunks of plastic from his throat and lips,according to Yahoo."

>"“I’ve been doing this for about a year now and assure you I did not do anything I wasn’t supposed to (battery was in right, always had the shop put it together when I first bought it and add things and maintenance it the right way while taking their advice) but it exploded in my face,” Hall wrote."

Vaping is stupid, but smoking is LITERALLY retarded when vaping exists.

>Far cheaper
>Doesn't make you smell like shit, yellow nails etc
>Isn't fucking horrible and invasive for anyone nearby to be around
>Not harmless, but less harmful
>Doesn't taste like actual shit, interesting flavours and smells

People still smoking real cigarettes should be sterilized

see

Which tobaco company are you working for? If you're mot you are actually braindamaged.

Makes me feel good that I have a sealed battery that was tested and properly cycled before being sold to me instead of some random chink 18650s that were probably pulled out of a late '90s Thinkpad and given fresh labels. It's even got a gas escape grille if it does blow up. Tesla Three, btw, had it for about a year and a half now

I'm suddenly a little hesitant to vape after seeing some of the pictures in this thread. I'd be more worried if I had one of those mods with coils that put out a billion watts, but I have a tiny aspire breeze.

>Letting some doped up sperg in a vape shop manage battery safety for you
And also
>Lying so he has a card in court or for insurance

Do research yourself kids, dont trust a retard with stretched earlobes and a buttplug sticking out of his distressed jeans

oh yeah and it has protection circuits built in so it doesn't over-discharge or overcharge, you know, like a device that uses LI-ION cells FUCKING SHOULD.

I guarantee that even though this guy claims he did "everything right", he over-discharged a cell (because mech batteries have no cell monitoring hardware whatsoever), then charged it again, and it fucking exploded when it started to drain.

How does a vaping battery even do that much damage? I mean I can understand burning your mouth a little but knocking out teeth?

Fuck man, these things could be used as actual explosives at this point.

A couple of retards got hurt, as opposed to the millions who are killing themselves much more reliably with cigarettes. Should we all revert to sending telegrams? Same thing could happen with those scary phone batteries!

Whats the flash point of pg/vg?

I'll bet none of that had anything to do with vaping.
Just some random accidents the (((tobocco industry))) uses to make people buy their products which btw horribly burn and kill many people in fire accidents every year.

idiot

Show proof then...

Lithium ion batteries release hydrogen naturally.
If they get hot enough or are not cared for properly, they can suffer internal failure that creates sparks and ignites the hydrogen, causing an explosion that creates more hydrogen and thus more fire.

Yeap, best arguments I heard to not vape:

>Look at the bottles, can't be safe (reffering to the nicotine warning)
>Look at the amount of smoke that comes out, can't be safe.
>In 10 years there will come a study that says you'll die of some new kind of cancer.

Everyone conveniently forgets the time when Sony laptop batteries were puffing up and catching fire under normal operation. There are pictures of battery-charred Macbooks all over the net.

douche flutes

Then why do phones or laptops never ever explode?

Yeah they """""explode""""" as in catch fire but they don't actually explode as in blast apart.

wew, I'm making sure my battery doesn't get hot. my chainvaping days are over.

>woman puts battery in wrong device
>it blows up in her face (literally)
I don't see a problem here other than some cunt not knowing ohm's law.

>>Look at the amount of smoke that comes out, can't be safe.

And the counter to that is that it isn't smoke, it's glycerine/glycol vapor + moisture from the atmosphere and your body, since the carrier is hygroscopic.
On a dry day your vapor clouds get smaller because there's less water in the air for the carrier to absorb.

mech mods can literally blow apart if your mod doesn't have a cutoff and you put your battery in backwards. I've seen it happen
t. former vape shop employee

>Trustfire chink battery
Buy LG or Sony branded cells like the hg2 or vtc4/5
Theres also batterymooches chart so you can pick the right battery for your applicable and Steam engine for easy ohm / amp calculations

this is how vapefags actually live

Still waiting for that proof.........

Because they have internal protection circuits that prevent the battery from being discharged below it's damage point or overcharged. When laptop batteries fail it's usually because of a manufacturer defect, such as not allowing enough places for the hydrogen to escape, or physical damage such as being dropped. Good vape batteries have the same kind of cell protection circuitry, but mechanical batteries actually have you physically press the contact to the cell with a button switch, so they have no monitoring circuit to cut the battery off when it's been discharged to a safe level. If you continue to draw on it after its below that point, the battery suffers physical damage that makes it extremely dangerous to keep using, and there's no way to tell until the battery physically puffs up like a mashmallow in a microwave or explodes.

Problem with a lot of these mech mods is that the users buy cheap batteries. Do you know where 18650-size cells come from? Old laptops. There are Chinese companies that strip down old, worn out battery packs, repackage the cells for individual use and sell them as new. Ironically, most of the companies that do this use brand names that end in "fire".

don't forget
>muh mouth fedora
and such memes

>Go on Youtube
>Search for "li-ion explosion"
>Many results with people doing extreme things to Li-ion batteries to make them fail.
>NONE of them actually explode.

>hurr li-ion batties can totally explode and knock your teeth out it's just never recorded on video and impossible to recreate....

Well I tried vaping and here I am today still smoking my L&M reds. I don't like vaping and I'm probably way more addicted to the MAOIS than the nicotine lol

True, but you can't explain it to tards that already have an opinion on it

That's the pinnacle of comfy. These (((tobacco))) shills are getting really obvious.

>im a retarded brainlet who don't understand technology that has been around forever
>if its not on jewtube its not true xDDDDDDDDD
fucking neo-Sup Forums

I had to start vaping because the cost of cigarettes is fucking crazy here. Not sure on tailor mades, but 50g of tobacco is like $70 now. Vaping costs me like $10 a week if that. Once you get used to it, its just like smoking but it took me a while to find a model that suited me. Health wise its definately an improvment. I breath easier and in general feel better now. If you're australian you have to import nicotine from nz.

1. insert chinkfire cell in closed box, place in mouth
2. discharge until they start venting
3. introduce spark
4. ????
5. PROFIT

does anyone has any experience with IQOS? How is it?

Show me an example of a Li-ion battery causing an actual explosion then....

>Smoked pack or more a day for 6 years
>Tired of feeling like shit and buying 7.50 smokes
>Go to local vape store get al85 and some juice for about $100

This was a week ago litterally have not had a cigarette for 1 week now. Feel amazing and still get my nic. Plus if you get your nic dialed in your looking at like $15 a week in juice. Would at least recommend trying.

I've quit smoking recently and I'm vaping frm time to time.
Because I no longer smoke I actually feel the nicotine now - the effect is that of a profound calm, it's nice - will probably stop doing it soon.

Good job user, don't go back to cigs - tongue cancer, feet cancer, lung cancer, throat cancer and brain injuries at all high risks even after you quit, now it's a lottery of, have I done enough damage to myself smoking to get them or not, only time would tell.

This is what most likely produced the pictures posted earlier, people who don't understand the danger of deep cycling a lithium cell in a vape without a voltage sensing protection circuit.

Your little ego twist won't blow up in you face, and if you dont use a note 7, neither will your phone most likely.

there are pictures all up in this thread you blind motherfucker, the only thing in vapes that is flammable or explosive in any way are the batteries, the juice doesn't burn.

>flash point
160c-200c (318F-390F)
Flames from a ruptured battery could well reach this temperature

Batteries are pretty much a non issue as long as you buy decent cells I vape about 10 amps and usually buy 30-40 amp continuous output cells. Hottest they ever got was 41c when tortured.

What is a good, non custom model that produce good smoke for a little smoker (I use to smoke cigs with no filter tho)

Budget 50€

>the ejuice only contains nicotine and some propylene glycol

yeah and cigarettes are just tobacco and paper, the problem is the chemicals that are created under heat and how it reacts with the body when inhaled. i vape but this shit isn't cut and dry.

also, can i just say, vape tech is generally shit. i have a therion 166 and a bunch of different rebuildable atties but it is a headache rebuilding all this crap, refilling etc devices like the juul look much better to me but the tradeoff is the stupid markup on pods, lack of flavours and poor battery life. this bs can quickly become a hobby/cult because of the amount of shit you have to buy and keep track of and learn and no one wants that shit, which is why cigarettes are better because they are so simple and user friendly, other than the cancer and stink.

i like that clock

Or just stick with weed and a glass pipe. Cheap, easy to maintain, and you're only smoking the plant and not paper, chemicals, or additives.

vtc mini

I started last year. Went with a mech mod (big mistake for a first timer)

order of my atomizers
>Petri RTA 22mm
>Shingen RDA
>Avocado RDTA 22mm
>Conqueror RTA (current one)
I'm considering Petri RTA v2 24mm

Mods
>petri v2 lite (scrapped)
>SMPL 22mm
>pico 75w (current)
I'm considering upgrading to primo SE 80w

Batteries are lghg2. Thinking of going vtc5a's, thoughts?

popcorn lung isn't worth it

There are alot of liquids without diacetyl which causes the popcorn lung. I exclusively use vapor shark liquids which all are diacetyl free. Additionally they are 5 minutes away locally so that's convenient

I have an Arizer Extreme Q, thinking of quitting vaping though

>Muh exploding batteries
>Muh popcorn lung
>Muh fedora

Smoking is very bad for you. I don't think anyone can say vaping is good, however it is significantly better for you than smoking. If you smoke vaping is 1000% better and a good quitting aid with is customizable nic levels. However not smoking and/or vaping is the best option. As a former smoker and current vapor your body will thank you, and you will start noticing it in as little as 24-48 hours.

TL;DR nothing > vape >>>>> smoking

I went from smoking to vaping.
Then after googling competitive vaping I've been off nicotine for 2 years and do cardio to try to fix my lungs.