Your Preferred/Best IDE?

I have literally forgotten how to code, I didn't do it at all in almost 6 years and don't remember anything anymore and now need an IDE to hold my hand. What do you recommend Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

alexeyshmalko.com/2014/using-vim-as-c-cpp-ide/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Visual Studio. The rest don't compare.

Anything that which has a language server support, gdb integration and an embedded terminal.

And FLOSS, very important for me

Geany

Code blocks is cancer. Clion is great

>Clion is great
proprietary as fuck senpai

But it's actually good.

just pick one and get off Sup Forums or you will spend more time deciding what language to learn/software to use/etc. than actually learning to program

>Visual Studio. The rest don't compare.
Really? The last time I tried to use it VS was so bloated I literally got dizzy thinking about it...

>forgetting how to code
Does this actually happen? I thought learning to program was like learning to ride a bike; you never forget it.

It took me 10 minutes to remember how to format the iostream include so I could print that hello.

qtcreator

Vim, works for everything. IDE's are for suckers....Learn to code, for real.

You'll probably never forget the mindset and how to think like a programmer, I think OP means he just forgot syntax and the like

>recommend Vim
>know that this entails adding enough plugin extension functionality that it essentially becomes an IDE
>lmao IDEs suck

Okay, gramps.

Well I tried to install VS. It took an hour and ended up giving me an error. I'm trying again now...

Vim and UNIX is my IDE :^)

anything jetbrains

If you really need an IDE and dont want to just make a /comfy/ IDE-lite vim setup, i recommend C-Lion from jetbrains.
alexeyshmalko.com/2014/using-vim-as-c-cpp-ide/

NetBeans

>written in java

INTO

THE

TRASH

>REEE JAVA
Have you tried it?