Hey Sup Forums! I'm assembling >babby's first gaming computer! Oh boy how exciting!

Hey Sup Forums! I'm assembling >babby's first gaming computer! Oh boy how exciting!

Here's the part list: fr.pcpartpicker.com/list/Bn8VkT
Only, one problem, there seems to be a lot of confusion between Ryzen and the RAM speeds. If I get 3200 MHz RAM will it all be good and stable, or will it be really unstable and probably get slowed down to 2133MHz by the mobo?

Other urls found in this thread:

fr.pcpartpicker.com/list/cYJKvV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

spend well pupper

RAM is only underclocked if it has a higher clock speed than supported by the motherboard

>AMD
top kek, ISHYGDDT

Spend well pupper

spend well pupper

The mobo says 3200 (O.C.), so I guess it's just a matter of going into the BIOS and setting the speeds accordingly.

>or is it?

If the mobo says it supports 3200Mhz then you should be fine. If it doesn't then it'll run the RAM at the highest speed it can. If it says OC then you'll have to manually set it to that speed.

Spend well pupper

it should work without any problems m8, although you might have to update the bios first before the ram will work @ 3200mhz. The ram will work, but just at 2666mhz instead of 3200

Spend well pupper

It appears that that memory is using the hynix memory modules. those havent have the best luck at getting to advertised speeds on ryzen. I reccomend using samsung B-die if you wanna get 3200.

youre looking at 2-4% increase in performance from 2400 to 3200
decide if thats worth it

>depending on application
ftfy

spend well pupper

That monitor is shit, get a better one.

Spend well pupper

Any suggestions for other monitors?

You would need to spend more on it. Depends on what you will mainly do, if you only game then get 144hz one, otherwise get good IPS and possibly higher resolution. Also make sure that it has flicker-free backlight.

Spend well pupper

>dog of high-net-worth
>has like $10

That's like 1000 dogllars.

Spend well pupper

Spend well pupper

Spend well pupper

We have a general for this you know

Spend well pupper

"Spend well pupper"

Spend well pupper

spend well pupper

that memory kit could be either B-Die or Hynix and I'd spend a bit more for the Pro4
and do you really need the 8 cores?

Why are you pairing a 1700 with a 1060
Get a 1600 and a 1070
Get the pro4, get an SSD, and for your RAM problem get b-die memory. Also get a high-refresh low-response monitor.

The only thing i should warn you about is the case. I have a zalman case and i hate it, theyre not great. Also, your mobo is micro atx, so dont be stupid and dont buy an atx mid tower. Buy a micro atx case.

Spend well pupper

spend well pupper

Spend well pupper.

I use it for heavy audio production, so I preffer a stronger CPU over a GPU, although I chose the 1060 over the 1050 Ti because I'd like to play some games too.

Here's a revamped parts list: fr.pcpartpicker.com/list/cYJKvV

I'm not really sure but I think the AB350M Pro 4 requires an AMD videocard. I swapped the monitor and the RAM, went for 2667MHz because everything was already getting a bit too expensive, and I don't think I want to get into the 3000+MHz mess that there is.

Spend well pupper

Spend well pupper

Spend well pupper

Pro4 does not require an AMD card.
Alse why get microATX but an ATX case?

I didn't see any good mATX cases @the value of the Zalman Z1. Also, aren't they smaller? Doesn't that mean that more heat will buildup?

And the only advantage of the Pro4 is the 4slot RAM support, and I don't really want that, mainly because it's more expensive and it's not a huge advantage for me, since most likely I'll stick to 16GB for the next 5-10 yrs as this build will live. Plus R7 1700 only supports dual channel so again, not really worth it streching the budget on this (plus it has -2 USB 3.0 ports)

spend well pupper