I fucking hate this new era of "flat" phone UI horseshit web design. I want a full-fledged skeuomorphic UI...

I fucking hate this new era of "flat" phone UI horseshit web design. I want a full-fledged skeuomorphic UI, not this piss poor talentless style.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiby.me/
supremenewyork.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Better start working on that time machine so you can go back to 2003

looks like shit

wiby.me/

let's just make everything today like the era it was superior

golden age of cartoons and anime
80s-90s cars with modern ecu modifications
mid 2000s internet
late 80s early 90s usenet
ancient roman architecture inspired by virtuvius

where is my god damn VR flight cyberpunk internet

we're one 3d desktop away.

That yahoo page looks like shit
t. Someone who has taken UI/UX classes

But thats not very progressive you fucking nazi

>skeuomorphic
nauseating garbage. Every single person drawing skeuo stuff does it differently, making every single thing on your screen look mismatched and out of place. Even within a single website nobody can ever make stuff look the same style

Better to do something simple and do it well than to try to make something advanced and put up with a shoddy failure

Excellent point.
mid 1930's German sensibilities.

Everyone designs clothes differently...
I have demonstrated you wrong.

Web minimalism is just an excuse to avoid skill and craftsmanship.

thank you
lingscars.com is my favorite site now

same

apple had 1 designer and they couldn't even do it right
hell even normies hated this. and remember how pissed everyone was when instagram changed their logo?
nowadays nobody WANTS to have skeuomorphic graphics, but they have to because it's the industry standard and it looks shady if you have otherwise

not really. Different subject and false logic of exclusion and whatnot

oh yeah, having a skeuo UI is suuuch an important fucking part of a website and such a respectful craft that ranks so high on the priority list of everything.

someone who can make more with less (simple, quickly recognizable icons to convey crystal-clear meaning) is the superior craftsman over the guy drawing pictures of everything if you ask me

no one asked you.

>making every single thing on your screen look mismatched and out of place
just use native controls.

fuck i wrote that wrong

i meant nobody wants flat hipster bullshit, most people would rather have skeuomorphic designs

It's flat because that's what's easy to develop. Modularity of various elements is important, since the system's requirements are often changing or needing to be maintained.

Except it looks better to almost everyone you ask. I agree that sometimes they go overboard with the hipster minimalism but if it's tasteful it looks better than skeuomorphic design. It's clean, elegant and easy to navigate

>remember how pissed everyone was when instagram changed their logo
I googled it because I had no idea what it was or what they changed it to because I'm not a normie.

I'll tell you why everyone hated it though. Because the new one is completely different. It's not the old logo but flattened, they just made a new one from scratch.
It has nothing to do with flatness or lack of it.

I want flat hipster bullshit desu

skeuomorphic looks like ass 99% of the time

I'd say apple is the most tasteful of the 'modern' look. At least their icons have some detail to them.

>remember how pissed everyone was when instagram changed their logo?
I think people were pissed because the logo could've looked better than it does. It was hard to tell that it was even instagram.

>form over function

Spotted the NEET anime desktop ricer

Web 1.0. is best web.
>Straightforward - no scroll hijacking and endless empty space before you find the content you're looking for
>No bullshit - Just the the information you need, no full backdrops of normies on phones.
>How shit works is explained - No software websites with just a single "It just werks" header and a download link because "documentation is for the IT guy."
>Performs well - The size of every gif and jpg is accounted for. Javascript is used only when necessary.
>Limited Scripts - No 20 instancs of 3rd party survelyance scripts. No 3rd party ads. No crypto miners.
>Good look - By default web browsers render text really well. Can't mess with the best.
>Works on anything - You can load a Web 1.0 site on anything that can browse the web.
God damn, its so great.

Form over function is literally what skeuomorphism is.

It looks like a washing machine.

>this
>looks good
Hey these shills are pretty great at pretending to be one of us

Is creating bloated, non-intuitive user interfaces the new norm?

No, it enhances the functionality by providing a familiar interface.

Flat hipster bullshit sacrifices functionality just to make sure the form matches all the other flat hipster bullshit.

Are you speaking about that Yahoo page? Because cutting down on the bloated number of words is where you'd start with that monstrosity.

Looks dull and depressing, like UI for industrial pressure cooker.

I'm also not fan of fake skeumorph shit but hey I want my 3D dynamically raytraced elements, complex lightning and shading & perspective eye tracking.

That flat thing won't be here for much longer. Apple will soon make such shiny UI just to differentiate from lower phones that everyone will have no choice but to follow.

you guys want to make buttons flat.
why are you lying.
stop lying.

>javascript only used when necessary

javascript has NEVER only been used 'when necessary'

Speaking of which why the fuck is javascript so prevalent for doing things that can be done with normal CSS+HTML???

>click a button
>it's got 30 layers of javascript built in and doesn't work unless javascript is enabled
>all the button does is open a window to a new page

just

WHY

It's stale. It's literally just a gradient with some white shapes over it. It doesn't look good.
I used to be like you. I used to have a tumblr where I customized everything to look super clean and nice and only reblogged aesthetic png's. Then I realized the only people who actually care about shit like that are niggers and chinks. We have better things to do than needlessly caring about or updating icons. This is why the tech world has been going nowhere in the past decade, these fucking 20 year old silicon valley retards literally care more about designing a logo than something that serves a function.
tl;dr commit suicide you ugly faggot. "desu" get the fuck out of here

>cutting down on the bloated number of words
no dude. words are content. you are clusterfucked and subverted. I mean this when I say it: You are a nigger minded slave.

>I went to college for this so clearly I'm right and you're wrong
>See I'm educated

desu is bestsu

Old websites had to make careful decisions about javascript because some browsers unironically didn't run javascript, or the versions of javascript were different. Marketers didn't like this, which is why Flash became the cancer (actionscript is just closed javascript anyway).
>click a button
>it's got 30 layers of javascript built in and doesn't work unless javascript is enabled
Surveylance and Bloat(tm)

>I'm literally unable to comprehend basic symbols
Why don't you stop posting while you're ahead, you nostalgia-blinded retard?

>a familiar interface
What familiar interface? The familiar interface for everyone born today is colored blobs on a touchscreen.
There are some very niche examples where this still applies like in but for the most part this is no longer the case.

you want to make a button flat
stop lying to people
it doesn't even work here

I don't know anything about ui design, pic related is what I made as my homepage in firefox

>Sup Forums
Don't you have some harebrained scheme to BTFO niggers you could be working on?

a button has 2 states. in its unpressed state it is raised.
stop lying to people

What are you crying about? Is reading a screen difficult for you unless it has at least 12 gradient and embossing filters on it?

Remember, OP asked for this.

a button has 2 states. in its unpressed state it is raised.
you need to stop lying to people

>MY LEE UI DESIGN DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD BECUS ITS TECHNOLOGY XD

>every meanie on Sup Forums is from Sup Forums
Please go be offended on your Discord, Sup Forums

The problem isn't necessarily the death of skeumorphism, but rather the shift from UI being designed by HCI researchers and being based on rigorous psychology research, to now being taken over by "designers". These designers are more likely to have taken a college class in sociology, if that. Their philosophy comes from trendy design movements which have a long history of trying to outdo one another being as reductionist as possible - hence the "flat" phenomena

are you retarded?

>gradiants

disgusting, you can't defend it

You do realize there are different ways to present information than trying to make something look like a physical object, right? Are you fucking retarded?
>s-stop lying!
Seriously, what the fuck are you screeching about? Shut the fuck up and grow up.

That's pretty aesthetic.

>tfw I've been with Sup Forums longer than moot has

Full circle

skeuomorphic is shit. It's not scalable and if you have a lot of small elements on a limited space - it can turn into a mess very quickly. That being said in some cases it's superior but a lot of designers think that it's bad to mix different things because muh consistency. Which is bullshit. It's like not being able to mix sans and serif fonts.

>trollface appeared in late September of 2008
>2007-2009 labeled with trollface

What is that?

This, pretty much. Flatshit is garbage, and so is skeuomorphism and the nostalgic brainlets that obsess over it.

OS X and XP fucked interfaces forever.

Who?

Goddamn. 95 was perfect in everyway. Gradients were a mistake.

windows 1985 has a better logo than windows 8, let alone everything in-between

although I'm fucking nostalgiaing hard over those 92 and 95 logos so many childhood memories

Guess I'll always be a newfag

It's me, WT Snacks

you realize buttons have 2 states
and you want to flatten it
stop lying

> been here over a decade now

Right on the money.

Although XP was essentially a skin on top of the brilliant HCI research that went into Win2k, the things it added on top were things like a dog that searched through your files for you. It wanted to treat the users like a small child.

OS X began as a glossy rendition of the also brilliant UI from the research that went on at NEXT. Their glossy, candy-like UI was attempting to find consistency with the early plastic iMac designs by Jony Ive.

tfw in a hundred years everyone from 2003 - 2017 will just be lumped together as oldfags

Whatever issues this one has, the UI designs today make them worst.

The icons with white in the background (like Safari and Photos, I don't recognize the others) look so out of place compared to the rest of them.

I love the 95 aesthetic so much. I have my linux installs skinned to look as close to it a possible. I wont say it was perfect, but it was a great direction.

Nice strawman

Applefags will love everything made by Apple. It doesn't matter if it has bad UI/UX.

I had a Linux site back in 1996-1998 or so and remember I had to submit it to Yahoo so they could have one of their people check it out and decide whether to include it in the directory or not. Pretty stoked when I got included, then I got bored and let the site die.

I was more into the 98 aesthetic but same shit pretty much. I used 98 up until 2005 when steam finally abandoned it.

johnny mnemonic got some things wrong

>Someone who has taken UI/UX classes
You are probably part of the modern cancer, even though you are right in this case.

Supreme had a surprisingly nice simple design desu

supremenewyork.com/

>supremenewyork.com/
Fix the damn font.

>supreme
>desu

Underage detected

>let's make everything indistinguishable and compact af
Don't call us, we'll call you.

I don't give a fuck about the actual clothes, didn't even know of the brand yesterday. I just think the site is nice.

Reminder that this is the only UI God approves of.

look at those raised edges. the title bar scrolling, and that subtle resize tool- oh my god... It has graphics in the command line.

>modern web
>99% of website is javascript/ads/trackers/videos

mac UI isn't flat, it's just flattened, their icons still have skeuomorphic/3D elements.

One of the reasons their UI is far more popular than for instance MS Metro