Radeon RX 64 considerably faster than GTX 1080Ti

How comes nobody is talking about this?

I wish this trend would keep up, Nvidia needs to go through what happened to Intel so we can get better products at better prices.

Here is a letter from Nvidia themselves.

Ah, that's an outliner.
We still need the primitive shaders (and shade once too).

computerbase is fucking all shills up the ass, as always. As much as I hate the Germans, computerbase.de is one of the most reliable and unbiased review sites out there.

that's what happens when your game can make use of fp16 almost directly, I wonder how a quadro would perform on it since it doesn't have cucked fp16 like the gayforce cards

>gtx 1080ti
>consistently better
>vega 64
>situationaly better
why is this even being talked about?

It's not using half precision floats, dummy.
They are also very situational.

ATI/RTG is dead to me ever since they confirmed you need a signed BIOS, they''ve become as evil as Nvidia in the name of "security." I'm going to just get two GTX 980Ti's, flash a custom BIOS and that's it, I'm done with this shitty duopoly. Fuck Raja in his street shitting ass.

Its not the only title in which Vega is showing well vs the 1080 and 1080ti. Civ 6, and the latest Dirt game as well, along with a couple others I can't recall off the top of my head.
Its not that unusual. I hope AMD keeps improving their driver situation though. Vega is actually a solid performer, just had a rocky launch.

Leather jacket man btfo, Nvidiots btfo

Well shit. I guess I should sell my 1080 Ti now.

i want cheaper Vegas not cheaper nvidia shit

Haha say thanks to miners, Apple and SSG being silly good.

It isn't specific to Vega, the current build just likes AMD hardware right now. When even the RX 580 is doing better than the 1080 Ti, something is wrong.

I'm a-OK with AyyMD making bucks from large orders, but those damn cryptoniggers need to die already!

vega 56 is going to outpeform the 1080ti regularely in a year

Its doing pretty good up against the 1080 already, and in more than a few titles.

It still doesn't fucking work properly.

Give it time. AMD are the tortoise not the hare.

I wouldn't call AMD the tortoise. Their execution on Ryzen, EPYC and Radeon Pro lineup is spot-on.

>slow and steady wins the race

The drivers will catch up. It's a great time to be AMD.

Ye, watching Intel shit three lineups a year is absolutely hilarious.
Let's hope for nVidia to be more sane (well okay making 815mm^2 die trying to catch all markets at once is retarded but that's Jensen).

Just reading this thread, the AMDrone kool-aid is amazing desu.

Was Sup Forums this delusional with the Fury X? I legitimately can't remember.

I hope so. The monopolies need to be brought down a notch.

Hi Jensen!
How's the yields on V100?

They are already panicking. Several different companies are making discrete ML chips.
Google even uses them for inferencing already, even.
Also nVidia is not a monopoly.

Because nobody in the pajeet camp gives a shit. Those cards are way too fucking expensive (same goes for the 1080ti).

the 580 isn't even doing better than the 1070.

>Also nVidia is not a monopoly.
They did to AMD what AMD did to Intel this last go around. Not to mention the shady tactics they share.

NVIDIA is not doing anything shady. Just some proprietary technologies.
It's up to AMD to present a viable alternative to CUDA.

it's literally a single game and one that nobody plays at that.

paying devs to botch performance on AMD hardware could be considered shady

>DX12
it's not available on any non spyware OS so why talk about it

That didn't happen.
It's not Nvidia's fault AMD cards suck at geometry.

>DX12
Might as well burn the card

>AMD beats Nvidia in a DX12 port of an Xbone game
Wow where have I seen this before
is this news?

Kepler cards (whiich got hit like a train running into a smart at high tesselation loads) are AMD cards now? How times have changed...

>1080ti shits on Vega in every single gaming situation except 2-3 games
>Xfilestheme.wav
>AMDumbfucks running over to their cork boards connecting the dots with string and pins
Fucking grow up, come back when the 64 beats the 1080 or the 1080ti in 50%+ games

if it were using FP16 then the same game binary would literally run at 1/32 the speed on nvidia cards as their FP16 rate is locked down

Source? People here don't throw hissy fits when Nvidia card perform like shit in AMD sponsored games.

it looks like it's being able to somehow harness raw computing power and maybe uses a lot of async stuff to make the nvidia cards choke? vega is still obviously choking on geometry at higher resolutions since the perf difference gets smaller the higher you go

You're wrong in just about everything.
Not just Forza7 is not using any async (its actually Feature Level 11_0 implementation), GP102 has about as much of shader horsepower as Vega10.

You cant class the CPU and GPU department as the same.

Radeon Pro is RTG.

When will AIB?

Late October, indirectly confirmed by niggabyte.

>calls them shills
>also calls them unbiased

Better be sooner than later. I want to get my hands on a sapphire nitro Vega 64.

>outlier game out of many that shit the bed on vega

>Woah guys, how come you aren't talking about it!?

Well, a broken clock is right twice a day as they say.

And I want Nitro 56.
All I can do now is wait.

Are you actually fucking retarded? Read what he wrote again before you go shooting off dumb shit

Atchung, der Juden detected.

Have AMD given any reason why they made a signed BIOS a problem with those VEGA graphics cards? Or have they just mumbled vague reasons like "security"?

You can just flash RX 470 to be RX 570 or 480 to 580 with a BIOS. There's also quite a few special BIOSes around that will boost mining performance by quite a lot depending on which BIOS you use and what coin you mine.

The BIOS is just software. Why wouldn't you be able to change it as you please? What possible reason could they have? "Security"? If it's about warranty then they could just say that flashing a custom BIOS will void your warranty (it's not like you're not going to flash back the original before RMAing it, but still...). I really don't get it. It just seems like a real asshole move without there being any good reason for it.

>drivers will catch up

Screw that. By the time they do it'll be competing against a new generation of Nvidia cards. They need to cut prices a whole lot - which they can't - if they want to make this attractive.

The Polaris cards do work very well with the current drivers, which is nice, but they are way overpriced so it doesn't really matter.

Because it's good if this is talked about, get the dumb consumers to buy more amd so Nvidia is forced to compete. It's all for our benefit if we create drama between the two sides.

There's a bug in nvidia's drivers

It's "security" as in "Vega integrates PSP coprocessor".
Your GPU is literally botnet, courtesy of AMD.

Can't wait to buy my dedicated Forza 7/Dirt 4 GPU

because in amd sponsored games nvidia still runs good, in nvidia sponsored ones amd runs disproportionately worse. and people bitch and toss any amd game benchmark out as it doesn't count.

No, actually in an AMD sponsored game just everything runs like shit
Mankind divided says hello

New generation of nVidia cards is nothing more than bigger dies.

If it's beating a 1080ti with essentially an arm behind its back(hardware features still not enabled), maybe the 'poor volta' ad did mean something

Volta is nothing more than bigger dies.
AMD is already pricing it's bigger dies at lower points than nVidia.

why put out a mass volume of gpus till october when gpu mining becomes non viable on sub 8gb cards? nvidia is going to have the same issue amd had with the 200, the used market is going to overflow with extremely cheap cards of current gen hardware, meanwhile amd seems to be about to push vega to a lower end solution.

This.

It's not even driver updates or muh optimizations. It's just a game that AMD performs better in.

Buying just because of this result would be stupid, especially if you aren't planning to play Forza (do people even play it on PC?)

>get the dumb consumers to buy more amd
why do you feel the need to continue to defend AMD? if you haven't noticed AMD is sold out across the shelves almost everywhere, it doesn't matter if their audience is now miners and that their brand will take a hit in the long run, AMD no longer needs the PC gaming market to survive.
and being better in a single game that no one will play doesn't make a difference.

Volta to my understanding isn't bringing anything substantial to the table outside of potentially compute for its tesla line and possibly on a process that allows for bigger dies to be more viable.

12FFN pushes the reticle limit, yes, but it doesn't make HUEG dies any more viable.
But yeah, Volta is nice for HPC, more bandwith, more cache, more ALUs.

If only Vega would stop setting house fires.

>muh gaymes

Would you look at what thread you’re in?
Fucking disabled mongoloid

Sorry, can't hear you over the screaming coil whine and unmatched performance of my 1080Ti.

racing games in 144hz is probably comfy as heck

In a year we'll have volta

I think he means in sales.

I don't even understand how anyone could buy something from Intel after everything has come out about what they did.

As a consumer, why the fuck would I give money to a company that fucked me over for 10 years by destroying competition through highly illegal, corrupt business practices, then release tiny shitty incremental upgrades with a new chipset every year at ridiculously high prices.

Fuck Intel.

As far as GPUs go, I'd go with either Nvidia or AMD though.

Jesus. What's with the butthurt?

There's a significant performance difference over what people have been told to expect and now people can't even discuss it?

can we discuss why AMD cards suck in 9 out 10 games compared to nvidia cards?

you wanna discuss it in a techpowerup way of doing benchmarks
or the fact that 90% of the games are nvidia games?
in neutral games amd is quite good at holding its own in general

By then volta and Navi will be out in 2019

This is gonna be the new ashes of singularity, isn't it? A game no one has played or cares about but will be posted ad infinitum by amd shills.

Hey not fair Nvidya haven't had a chance to "optimize" their secret driver to cut corners for benchmarking this game yet!

>video game benchmarks
As GPUs have gotten more and more general purpose videogame benchmarks get more and more inaccurate.
The results have some general truth to them but when you buy one and program for it you'll notice that the situation is way different.

Worst of all is when you have amd/Nvidia tune the shaders for the video games. They get to poke deeper than you will. So it's not fair.

But it's not like we're lacking processing power anyway.

AMD driver is open source. Nvidia driver is a big black box of who knows what.

>cut corners
>"optimize"
user you're mistaken. They do optimize the shaders. Sometimes you accept different results than the source shader but it's agreed to not be a visual degradation.

>amd drivers are open source
Their GPUs are not though. And their shader compilers are shader compilers, not complete gpu documentation.
There's no significant difference in introspection between the two really.

>no one will play forza 7
>no one will play wolfenstein
>no one will play far cry 5
>no one will play fm serra

good lord the shills are becoming delusionals by the seconds

Hah fuck off shill, Nvidya have been caught before disabling rendering options for benchmark performance.

that's a good idea, let's open our hardware so our direct competitor would just steal the best part of it.

I never suggested that. Dummy. I'm responding to your post about the supposed openness of amd. A response that doesn't make any sense unless you assumed that makes a difference. So I explained why open drivers do not matter beyond helping you build tools.
Never heard of it. What happened?

Cuz who the fuck uses windows 10 store? You can't get Vega 64 on xbox one x

let's be honest, nobody will play forza 7, it's MIcrosoft store exclusive

I think that Kepler has something in common with amd cards.

I will forever be grateful to AMD for saving us from blob drivers (nvidia) and the horrors of netburst/itanium (intel). I will only ever buy AMD because of this even if it means some arbitrary performance hit.

>>no one will play forza 7
No one will play Forza 7 because it's Windows Store only. And holy shit their business model is HORRIBLE.
>>no one will play wolfenstein
Wolfenstein TNO has over 1,7 mil owners on Steam alone and Old Blood has over 600k. Unless they fuck up Wolfenstein II somehow, plpenty of people will play that game.

>do people even play it on PC?
A lot of people play racing games on PC because are triple monitor setups. Look on youtube.

It's just proved that AMD can make good hardware but always gimped by their shit driver

just wait
amd and nvidia will launch competing ICOs
>buy our crypto goyim
you can use it to buy all your gaming gears
>buy our cards to mine our coins to buy more cards
>amd gpu mines nvidicoin faster than nvidia gpu
>benchmark double jewing intensifies

Yes, yes it was.

This. Fucking AMDrones are the biggest shills making even Applefags seem like normal.