libregamewiki.org/Main_Page
ghostbin.com/paste/z74bj/raw
wiki.winehq.org/Main_Page
appdb.winehq.org/
github.com/wine-compholio/wine-staging/wiki/Installation
en.wikibooks.org/wiki/QEMU
youtube.com/watch?v=Hj2lkPpoAhE
wiki.debian.org/VGAPassthrough
reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/2z0evz/gpu_passthrough_or_how_to_play_any_game_at_near/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not everything runs. But enough.
A good 60% of my library is enough and it's all the good stuff where the devs actually care enough about their games to port them.

Frametimes are perfect and nothing extraneous eats up resources.
Good OS good games, done.

Native compression on my FS means I can fit a TB of them on a 750GB secondary HDD.

Yeah it's totally good, you can install Steam but only on Gentoo.

It depends, the catalog of supported games natively in Linux is growing, the downside is that you need to use *buntu if you don't want the hassle of fixing strange crashes

Check steam for compatibility On the titles you want to play also playOnLinux community

It begins and ends with Tux Racer.

You are like a little babby to me
Watch this

sudo apt install xonotic

Source games aren't very good on Linux, you need to disable multi-core rendering in TF2 and CS:GO to get them to run with (less) stuttering. Some game ports are complete garbage, like the Saints Row 4 port, where some sound clips just don't play at all. Other games, like Rocket League, have graphical bugs that are magnified by low framerates, and unstable framerates, both of which are caused by porting a windows game to Linux. Don't even try to do Linux gaming until there is a decent game engine for multiplatform ports.

Depends on GPU, no dx10+ but DirectX is dead anyway. Everything else is roughly multiplatform these days.

Yes, VMware works on Linux :^)

Just get a console or use Windows if you want actual game and stop with this retarded mene.

If your system allows GPU passthrough, there is really no reason to depend on windows.

Sure, I have many hundreds of games not counting everything available via emulation and WINE.

fuck off trump cultist, go back to your shitty inbred board

I play dota 2 on linux :v

>:v
Literally kys

How do you have it set up? I'm looking into moving to Linux but I don't know where to start for games

Literally get the latest version of Ubuntu, slap the latest GPU drives, and get Steam.
That's it. Use the software centre. Don't install any third party "app markets", they're a scam or have no inventory.

Steam is good, SteamOS is good. The distros have matured. The market is there. Linux is ready for all manners of gaming, we're just waiting on the game developers to add the support. They say they don't support linux because it lacks the market, but it lacks the market because they don't support it.

I use antergos.
BTRFS for the games with LZO compression in my fstab as compress=lzo.

They all work out of the box, except for everspace which needs some startup options, and I can overclock my M3000M GPU with nvidia-settings.

Ubuntu w/ gnome has gotten pretty slick and is a good choice for nearly everyone.
Distros are meaningless beyond what package manager you can work with and what you want installed stock if you're not doing crazy shit.

Emulation is amazing and it does have a pretty decently sized Steam library along with pretty good ID sourceports. It still has a long way to go but it's far from being complete shit like some people here would like you to believe

Please fuck off and stop trying to derail a thread over what admittedly is a shitty picture, you oversensitive cunt. You're just as much of a braindead cultist as your average Sup Forumsack seeing that noone but you cared about the picture, you fucking faggot.

GoG has some good games too, and you can get good deals at the Humble store. Recommend if you want a game for WINE buy it on GoG or Humble so you can get the DRM free version because half the time Steam fucks up on WINE leaving your perfectly good games unplayable.

Of course there are tons of Linux native games on Steam too.

NTFS has native compression too idiot.

Ubuntu LTS and Steam will get you started. If you already have a good library of Steam games you may be surprised by how many will just work on Linux.

>Emulation is amazing
Damn right. Something Ubuntu based with Retropie installed on top. Works like a fucking charm. Or you could install retroarch directly if thats your thing.

do most of your games support Linux natively?

no pubg. cant rebind buttons on my chroma naga so i cant really play wow. the two things that hold me back.

This is wrong. Switch to Linux gaming anyway. This will force people to develop for it. We will use the power of market demand in our favour. We DEMAND IT! This is the year of the Linux desktop.

Usually the developers says "tested on Ubuntu", when the game has a Linux version. That doesn't necesserily mean, that you will encounter bugs on other distros. I use Arch for example and I never encounterd strange bugs. I just installed steam and started playing.

It has Disgaea 2, so you're set for at least the next decade

>install linux to help me quit gaming because its eating up my life
>see this thread
Welp, time for TempleOS

>steam.bravehost.com/

Set your steam profile to public and see which games you can run on linux natively first.

Yeah you can the latest indie walk simulator with developers mumbling "hmmfurp.... prob...problematic".

Other than that is suckes dick.

pretty much everything runs. Plus if you really want you can just do pcie passthrough into a vm. I think thats the better solution honestly.

> Ubuntu
> Latest GPU drivers
Better to install antergos and you get __latest__ gpu drivers

It has TF2 and CS:GO. That's perfect.

I know the feel bro.

Join the GNU/Linux gaming community

Learn how to do GPU passthrough, then run WIndows in a VM to play all your favourite PC games

Not as reliable as macOS, but good enough.

Except to run games... You still depend on it to run the game. Idiot

>BTRFS for the games

Why?

what does stallman think of TempleOS?

Yes.

Pros:
On Linux you'll get better performances than Windows once devs port the games.
Your system is malware free.
Your system won't crash as much as Windows.
You can use Linux for a year without rebooting.
By not buying Windows you can use the money to buy games instead.

Remember, no tux, no bux:
1. Don't trust a company when they promise a linux release, wait until the official release.
2. Don't be ashamed to post on the game forum or steam discussions for telling developers to port a game you wanna play on linux.
3. Wine is great when you want old tittles or that aren't high on resources.
4. The unique solution to gaming on linux is to force developers using openGL / vulkan / game engines permitting a cross platform software.
5. When you see a developer supporting Linux promote him as much as you can on forums, write about him on your blog and tell your friends how much you appreciate his effort. Remember, Gabe Newell believes in you.

Steam
github.com/ValveSoftware/steam-for-linux
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD
steamcommunity.com/groups/BrokenLinuxPromises

GOG.com: webupd8.org/2014/08/lgogdownloader-command-line-gogcom-game.html

News and Reviews
gamingonlinux.com
lgdb.org/
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=home

Open source games
penguspy.com
libregamewiki.org/Main_Page
ghostbin.com/paste/z74bj/raw

Wine wiki: wiki.winehq.org/Main_Page
Database of games running in Wine: appdb.winehq.org/
Wine Staging (latest and experimental features for Wine): github.com/wine-compholio/wine-staging/wiki/Installation

PCI/GPU Passthrough
en.wikibooks.org/wiki/QEMU
youtube.com/watch?v=Hj2lkPpoAhE
wiki.debian.org/VGAPassthrough
reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/2z0evz/gpu_passthrough_or_how_to_play_any_game_at_near/

>most games are wine ports
>"better performance"
Emulation doesn't perform better.

>implying

Test

The fuck are you testing nigger

tf2,dota,cs:s,cs;go,hl2,ftl,floating point, native and great

and games that work great using wine are:
sc2,wow,markoftheninja,stronghold legends, stronghold 3, stronghold HD (the old one)

ppsspp,snes9x,gba (ofc they run great)

a meme

Reminder, retro gaming is best gaming

DOS emulator: DOSBox
Commodore emulator: VICE
XBox emulator: XQEMU
Multiple gaming platforms: Mednafen, Higan
Nintendo: Dolphin, Mupen64Plus, DeSmuME
Sega: Reicast, Yabause, Exodus
Playstation: PCSX

i play stronghold HD on wine all the time

also there's a bunch more linux games on steam than that

also chrono.gg and humble bundle usually have linux compatible games. idk .

oh man xonotic :D
my friend have gaming salon and one night we went to get wasted and play games. So only a few friends are familiar with dota but we all wanted to play together one game
>xonotic

so we created mode where you have only one gun (one shot laser) and pistol.

lots of fun

butterFS>ntfs
ext3>ntfs

Basically you are fine with most games, except for games on Origin.

All Blizz games, Doom 2016, Valve games, etc. work fine.

>M3000
why not its not like he have bad pc

It's true

Related, if you are a gamer or a developer, support these free as in freedom games:

ADVENTURE: Beneath a Steel Sky
ARCADE: 2H4U ("Too Hard For You"), FreeGish, Frozen Bubble, OpenClonk, Teeworlds
BALL GAMES: BillardGL, GTKPool, Trackballs, Neverball
FIRST-PERSON SHOOTER: Alien Arena, Nexuiz, OpenArena, Urban Terror, World of Padman, Xonotic
MUSIC VIDEOGAME: Frets on Fire
PROGRAMMING: Colobot, PLM ("Programmer's Learning Machine"), Laby, Redcode
SHOOT EM UP: Chromium, Endless Sky, Garden of coloured lights, Luola, M.A.R.S., Naev, noiz2sa, Project Starfighter, Ur-Quan Masters, XGalaga
ACTION PUZZLE: whichwayisup
ANAGRAM: connectagram, anagramarama
BACKGAMMON: gnubg
BRAIN SPEED: blinken, brainparty, gbrainy
CARDS: xsol, pokerth
CHECKERS: kcheckers
CHESS: xboard
COLLECTION: xmpuzzles
CROSSWORD: xword
LOGIC: einstein
GO/OTHELLO: quarry, grhino, gnugo, qgo, uligo
LEMMINGS: pingus, warmux, miceamaze
MAHJONG: xshisen
MASTERMIND: colorcode
MATH PUZZLE: kitsune, gmult
PEG SOLITAIRE: peg-e
SCRABBLE: scribble
SHOGI: xshogi
SOKOBAN: xsok, fillets-ng
SUDOKU: gnome-sudoku
TANGRAM: gtans
TETRIS: ltris, xwelltris
TRANSPORT PUZZLE: glotski, groundhog, numptyphysics, phlipple
XIANGQI: gmchess
ROGUELIKE: angband, crawl, freedink, freedroidrpg, gearhead, nethack-console
LIQUID STRATEGY: curseofwar, liquidwar
MANAGEMENT: openttd, gtkatlantic + monopd
REAL TIME STRATEGY: 0ad, netpanzer, unknown-horizons, warzone2100
TURN BASED STRATEGY: dopewars, singularity, freeciv, freeorion, lordsawar, teg, pioneers, lgeneral, triplea
FLIGHT SIM: searchandrescue
RACING SIM: armagetronad, supertuxkart
SPACE FLIGHT SIM: oolite, vegastrike
SUBMARINE SIM: openssn
TRAIN SIM: openbve

All free/libre software so you are free to take the code and improve it. You can even add your own assets and sell it.

>no tux, no bux:

True that. I see that Cuphead has implied a Linux release so I'll wait for that before buying.

I can play LoL pretty well on manjaro atm, only problem is that in champselect it keeps dc for 20sec after picking/banning but time limit is 30 so its playable.
ingame 0 problems

Tooth and Tail had a day-one Linux release so I bought it. Good game.

>Blizz

I recall something about Blizzard testing against Wine for WoW client, and their games generally work pretty good. But for that effort why not just bundle winelib and ship it?

Their games work amazing on wine. Warcraft 3 required no configuration at all for me. I literally just double clicked frozen throne.exe on my windows partition and it launched.

If you play games on linux, you will be fine but well... for gaming best are steamos and ubuntu family (ubuntu, linux mint)

What about a virtual machine with Windows 7 in it ?

There are lots of great games for Linux, but if you are the kind of person who is gonna want to play the fotm, hot new shit Windows or a console is a much better option. I play lots of classic emulators on my linux laptop, and there are infinite classic arcade clones and other tiny games. A few notable modern games like CS:GO. I got LoL running in WINE, but it runs about half as well as it does in Windows on the same machine.

Is minetest foss? Because minetest is amazing.

I wonder how Linux users deal with those proprietary games running on their GNU systems.

Proprietary program in open source system? Deleting the program makes your system open source again when needed.

Proprietary program in proprietary system? Deleting the program doesn't change anything, you still have mystery code in your PC.

This is why I would say it's better to have Linux and GNU anyway. You can choose the amount of botnet you are comfortable with and reduce that amount to zero if needed.

Yes it is.

Easy enough to play /vr/ vidya and you probably can get more modern vidya to work without too much trouble

>
>I use antergos.
>BTRFS for the games with LZO compression in my fstab as compress=lzo.
>They all work out of the box, except for everspace which needs some startup options, and I can overclock my M3000M GPU with nvidia-settings.
>
>Ubuntu w/ gnome has gotten pretty slick and is a good choice for nearly everyone.
>Distros are meaningless beyond what package manager you can work with and what you want installed stock if you're not doing crazy shit.
Antergos is a shitty meme

>It depends, the catalog of supported games natively in Linux is growing, the downside is that you need to use *buntu if you don't want the hassle of fixing strange crashes
>Check steam for compatibility On the titles you want to play also playOnLinux community
Solus is better