Which one is better?

It's time to learn a new learn a new language.
Tell me your me your experience.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0128378/;
youtube.com/watch?v=i-S3X-eL9hM)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I use both

Try to practice your language target in Memrise, Duolingo and Anki.

Use both, Memrise official courses contain more reasonable sentences while Duo is more hmm... flexible.

Eu estou aprendendo português, e você?

Ich bin learnen deutsch
Sto imparando l'italiano

How good is your portuguese right now?

>sweden
>swedish

>his country is learning English
pfft
shows how shitty the education there is

fuck your opinion ur scumbag jew lol

And for grammar what do you use?

>a third world country replies to your post

>Ich bin learnen deutsch
I would rather say "Ich lerne Deutch", just like that, but maybe I'm wrong.

>How good is your portuguese right now?
Comesei ler meus primeiros livros em português mas ainda preciso dois ou três anos para falar e escrever com facilidade.

>Ich bin learnen deutsch
is this the 'level' duolingo gets you to?
prolly should stay away

Berliner Platz
UniversItalia
A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar

Try to find some books in your target's language. Keep focus and practice EVERY DAY, no matter if will be ten minutes or two hours

You'll see you progress after a couple months

USE ANKI
S
E

A
N
K
I

For Portuguese I use Modern Brazilian Portuguese Grammar: A Practical Guide - there are also other useful textbooks from this publisher, but what language do you want to learn?

He aprendido español a la escuela, pero ya mi nivel es bastante bajo, pues pienso que tengo de practicar con alguien en espaénol para mejorar lo

Você tá aprendendo as duas mesmas línguas que eu. Cara, você também tá tendo muito dificuldade com a pronuncia do Alemão? Isso tá me matando.

Use both, you'll build up your vocabulary a lot quicker. Get a good grammar textbook too.

Oh wow. I put an "a" unintentionally

>LOOK AT HIM, HE'S DUMB HAHAHA LETS STOLE THEIR שקל

Your portuguese is good tho

>Comesei

Careful with these words. There are many tricks and you can change the 'c' with 's'

Comecei

>fixed

Try paralleltext.io

Eu falo o alemão muito bem para um intermediário, acho que a parte mais difícil eu já superei.

Como anda o seu aprendizado?

>lets stole
nice English too, you monkey

>Comecei
Oh, yes, I forgot, I also have problems with "s" vs. "ç".

WHAT LANGUAGE ARE YOU LEARNING, OP

Thank you both of you.
I'm learning English and French but I focus more on English.

You seem to be very angry, Ariel. Some Arab stole your gf?

8 TRILLION

>nothing to post other than cringey memes
fuck off retard, maybe use those retarded sites to learn English before you start posting.

Im curious, why are the Balkans trying to learn German? I know Germany is the power-house of the EU? Are many Balkans moving to Germany or something?

I know it's hard. Basically you will have to memorize when to use each.

I'm also having problems with italian words, idk how to use double letter

Comecei com o Italiano faz quase um mês e vem sendo bem fácil, apesar de eu ter ficado quase uma semana sem estudar e estar avançando devagar por preguiça.
Na semana passada, decidi juntar o Alemão com o Italiano pra ver se dou um boost na minha motivação, e vem dando certo, mesmo com a pronuncia do Alemão sendo bem chata.

Get off

>good english
>for shtiposting in Sup Forums
Why?

Ariel, just look - anger is never healthy.

cringe
seriously stop posting

cultural ties as well and the balkans have always been in direct influence by germany

A pronúncia realmente é complicada. Estranhamente eu estou me dando bem com ela.

Sobre o italiano, eu também estou achando bem tranquilo. Estudo há seis meses, mas já consigo usar o diochan e o /ita/ com facilidade.

O meu maior poblema foi com os pronomes. É bem difícil se acostumar com o alcance de uso do "ci", por exemplo. São poucos pronomes mas possuem muitos usos.

r u mad Shaked Goldbergstein

>Sweden
>Swedish
WTF

>idk how to use double letters
Yep, I heard that sometimes that opposition between single and double consonants drastically changes meaning of words in Italian. For me it would be easier, because we have the same phonetical feature in Polish (eg. "miękko"), but I won't learn another Romance language until I master Portuguese and by master I mean passing CELPE-Bras B2, at least. Fortunately we have one Instituto Camões now.

Yea, really makes you think.

Dats Rite, m8.

What is your purpose learning Portuguese?
Wanna read some of our poems in original?

Also

Besides Chopin and Lewandowski,

What is the most famous person of your country?

I tried learning Russian off Duolingo but the course was such a meme. Is German any better?

Your English is pretty good so far. How long have you been learning it?

I still make a lot of mistakes so I don't think I am good at it and I have been learning it for 4 months.

German is much longer, I think.

>Wanna read some of our poems in original?
I already know some poems by Carlos Drummond de Andrade by heart, like that famous "No meio do caminho". His poetry is very accesible, even for beginners.

>What is the most famous person of your country?
Well, it's hard to say, in poetry it's probably Adam Mickiewicz (he wrote our main epic poem Pan Tadeusz); in prose maybe Henryk Sienkiewicz, there are several movies based on his books, like this one: imdb.com/title/tt0128378/; in science it's Mikołaj Kopernik, I guess; there were some important composers like Karol Szymanowski (youtube.com/watch?v=i-S3X-eL9hM) or film directors, like Kieślowski, basically each Pole has his own list.

>What is your purpose learning Portuguese?
I really like how it sound, especially Brazilian Portuguese, as someone said it's "português com açúcar". Plus Brazil is very interesting itself and I don't mean just memes.

>it sound
sounds, desculpe

Only 4 months and you write like that? M8, stop complaining.

>Ich bin learnen deutsch
embarrassing

What's unreasonable about duo?

Você parece ser um cara legal. Fico feliz que esteja aprendendo o meu idioma!

I'm glad you're learning my language

I think Portuguese and Italian are the most beautiful languages of the world

You'll always welcome on /luso/

Duolingo is great to learn basics. It teaches you ways to start practicing with others. But no more. Don't expect to learn anything else.

Memrise is just vocabulary, it is good for that though, but it's not gonna teach you anything by itself either.

Gotta use them with books, games, videos, etc.

In my opinion, the best way to learn a language, at least to a basic conversationalist level is getting a base and then playing a game like Pokemon in which the words meanings are very intuitive and in which the language is kept simple in order for children to understand.

Shitty English, famalam. Before attempting to learn other languages master the ones you already know. Or else you end up typing cringey posts like these.

>there are so many immigrants in Sweden, so much of their population doesn't know Swedish
I will never get over this

How do you guys use Duolingo? I always burn myself out because I can't stand having a finished category not gold. So I review them everytime they fall a bit and once you are far enough in a course it means you have to dedicate tons of time on reviewing and it becomes a huge chore.

It's supposed to be like that.

Sentences like "That cat eats my mother", "I am a butterfly", "Do you want to be my shoe" etc. I'm exagerrating a little, but generally speaking Memrise has more useful phrases for beginners.
Muito obrigado, tchau!
I'm not sure, my English is still shitty, but learning other languages simultanously helps you understand some more general patterns, plus - Italian will be much easier for him.

I haven't gotten a damn thing out of Duolingo in months, but I've got a 300 day streak that in too autistic to let die.

>exagerrating
kek, exaggerating, sry

>my English is still shitty, but learning other languages simultanously helps you understand some more general patterns
No, it doesn't help at anything. It'll just make it harder for you to manage all these languages which you're learning, making the whole process more harder than it should be.

It's simply a matter of maintaining your priorities, some people know how to properly do so, others (like you and the other Brazilian guy) don't.

>more harder
This is what happens when you don't pay attention to what you're writing

>Why would that be the case? Immigration to Sweden has been skyrocketing in recent years: one in six Swedish residents in 2015 was born outside of Sweden. The fastest growing foreign-born groups are from Syria and Afghanistan, reflecting a recent increase in the refugee population. Duolingo recently released a Swedish course for Arabic speakers, which will hopefully help!

I wouldn't know. Have been using Memrise because Duolingo didn't have Japanese lmao
Now the course is definitely flawed and being a developer I have quite a few practical gripes with it but it seems to have worked out so far; at least my understanding has been significantly boosted with a casual investment at most.
>Ich bin learnen deutsch
>I would rather say "Ich lerne Deutch"
You are correct. You could also say "Ich bin am Deutsch(-)lernen".

Why are Italian and Turkish on the list if they are not on the map?

>It's simply a matter of maintaining your priorities, some people know how to properly do so, others (like you and the other Brazilian guy) don't.
Bla bla bla, you sound like a guy who reads those retarded motivational guidebooks. Some people like learning 5 minutes a week for 5 years, other prefer participating in intensive courses. It all depends on your personal predisposition.

>Ireland
>Native language
>English

KEKED

I'm not talking about how much time you spare to learn a language neither about how you learn it. I meant that learning more than one language at a time instead of keeping a priority is retarded, and it is.

>No Japanese for Duolingo yet
I've been waiting for like three years now. I wanna be a true weeaboo

>learning a language through programs
you need to speak to people to learn
try an online language exchange

>you need to speak to people
Look at where you are, dumb frogposter

I learned English by playing video games and listening to movies. Didn't speak a single word of it.

Although supposedly it's easier to do it when you're a kid, which I was.

>2016
>not using TeamSpeak to practice

speak with your mouth
the whole learning as a child is easy is a meme tb h.

>the whole learning as a child is easy is a meme tb h.
Well, I'd like to believe you, but you just said that you need to speak to people to learn when I'm living proof of the contrary, so I'm thinking there's a chance you're 0/2 on this one.

>learning more than one language at a time instead of keeping a priority is retarded
But why? I don't need any of these languages I learn for my job, it's only a hobby. Of course learning closely related foreign languages may be problematic for some people, but I don't do it. You really sound like some corporate guy whose head is stuffed with all that bullshit about creativity, neuro-linguistic programming or some other corporate newspeak. No offence.

youre not living proof of shit
the reason kids learn languages easier is because they are less self conscious about speaking a language while adults tend to get hung up on every detail. an adult that applies themself can learn a language faster than a child.
no idea about learning a language from TV and video games though. thats an inefficient method anyway and the only reason you picked it up was the sheer amount of exposure, like a weeb that understands japanese after 10 years

[Citation needed]

>no idea about learning a language from TV and video games though. thats an inefficient method anyway and the only reason you picked it up was the sheer amount of exposure
Probably, but that sounds like a pretty cool way to learn languages, don't you think?

Why would I go STUDY for a language when you can supposedly learn one by consuming entertainment?

You need a program to be able to speak in language exchanges you dumb nigger.

there's no reason why you can't learn two languages at once. three would be too much though.

provided one had an hour a day for both languages, a reasonably smart person could become learn the basics of both within a year.

it would, however, mean keeping that schedule; no ifs or buts about it you would have to do an hour a day, with at the most one day off a week.

you sound triggered

duolingo for grammer
memrise for vocab

You should start browsing and posting on /luso/

Sup Forums is too time consuming so I come here only once or twice a month, but still thanks for invitation.

I learned English by watching subbed anime for 3 years.