Windows 10 Start menu is getting ridiculous

Won't find "Microsoft Word" from start menu. Have to open from the list. What the fuck is wrong with that?

Mac OS doesn't have this problem.

That’s what you get from using a retarded operating system.

My Xubuntu™ doesn't have this problem

Have you turned off background apps? If you toggle the global switch for it, Cortana is completely disabled too and it breaks start menu searching. Never used to happen in old builds, but it does now.

*overcomplicated

iOS doesn’t have this problem.

im an expert on this topic

just download Classic Start Menu and all your programs are searchable again. The default Windows 10 Start menu hasn't showed any search results for the last 11 months for me, on all my machines KEK

i hope Microsoft gets hacked and distributes ransomware via Windows Update desu

Did that now

Enjoy Forza 7 and GTA V on that.

KDE Plasma 5.10.5 on Gentoo Linux doesn't have this problem

No, the search won't work

>Browse Sup Forums
>doesn't know to use or customize/tweak an OS

watchOS doesn’t have this problem.

??

Why does Forza Motorsport has a background service?

lol, winblows 10 is a joke.

This problem is on my computer and happens to a select of apps periodically

You can run any program in the background while something else. Pause or Just like the previous windows

Botnet.

250 Bing Points has been awarded to your Microsoft account.

I think you might be retarded

why would anyone launch programs from the start menu instead of desktop shortcuts? are there really people here that fell for the "clean desktop" meme?

weird

>Windows
Found your problem

>rewarded for not lying
Thanks i guess.

This or you could pin it

>If you toggle the global switch for it, Cortana is completely disabled too and it breaks start menu searching. Never used to happen in old builds, but it does now.
what? I have cortana completely disabled and i can still search for everything in my pc.

Stop running unknown scripts you fucking moron.

>2017
>Still using Windows 10

kys

What should I use?

You are. Search is broken

THIS is what I mean.

???

"Cortana" is both the name of the "personal assistant" and the application that pops up when you click on the start button, i.e. the start menu.

Imagine being so retarded that you turn off indexing and the whine about search not working

>not using classic shell
>2018

Whenever I open Search on Windows 10 on my MBP it doesn't respond to keyboard input and right click doesn't work. Wi-Fi? Nope. Sound? Nope. Anyone with the brainpower to help me fix this?

Unix master race

It works if you're not a retard.

Easy fix, stop using bootcamp. Apple goes out of their way to gimp it, it's always been a thing so morons get to reaffirm their preconceived notion that Windows is a buggy mess when in reality its Apple's drivers that suck ass

That's because it's a watch.

Enjoy Forza 7 and GTA V on that.

Indexing is on you fucking faggot

Windows 7 of course.

It doesn't. The option simply exists for all apps.

Well it's obviously not working. Did you try turning it off and on again?

Gentoo

Motherfuckers, did y'all check the filters drop down when you search?

Damn if only you knew how to use windows

User error. I can tell at a glance you don't use windows correctly

Muh ebin walled garden games

Muh ebin libre chinese cartoons

Install classic shell

Fucking plebs

>Well it's obviously not working.
Windows 10 in a nutshell

Trying it now. Thanks. Now working probably for a few days or so.

>”works for me”
issue solved guys. your search will now work because it works for this guy.

What are you using?

It's like you intentionally posted a dissenting view so that you would provoke other users into responding to your comment

The only problem OP has is that he's a moron

OS X "Aye Aye El Capitan"

>using microsoft half assed apps on macOS instead of iWork
there’s nothing to be proud of in this post

I didn't know I had this.

It's High Sierra

iWork and Office serve very different purposes. I use Outlook for work email and calendar management, as well as Powerpoint, Word and Excel for compatibility/collaborating with others on Windows.

If it's not showing up in search why not just fix it so it does? Do you not know how to do that?

Only real niggas use WordPad. It supports .docx and .odt as well

>Do you not know how to do that?
>implying the average Sup Forums poster is tech literate

Nah, not unless you're using an older build. You can disable all the personal assistant aspects of Cortana, but parts still run anyway as "she" is responsible for even basic search functionality. Turning off "her" ability to run in the background (which can only be done by the global toggle) is what breaks start menu searches. I spent fucking ages trying to work out why my start menu search was broken before stumbling across the solution somewhere. Toggling background apps back on fixed it instantly.

Not sure when they actually changed it to work this way. It was either the last big update or the one before that. You used to be able to toggle that switch off and still have a functioning start menu search.

Windows 8 wins again.

it work for me thanks

7 is better

All of that is on Windows 10 as well

No, is not. Winblows 10 is broken

Just use classic shell or something similar, no point in using the windows ten version when it has an inferior search system and looks like shit and doesn't even work.

>if I break it it's broken

>Not using full metro start screen

sound like an old or fake webm. Is that how you make people switch to windows 7?

I am basically using an upgraded Windows 7 version as you could have seen on the image top left. which means 8 > 7.

>Femanon being a retard again
No surprise there.

What? It's a new installation, did it a week ago.

From my experience with different Win10 computers, this sometimes can happen that the start search doesn’t work anymore with a whole bunch of items.

I feel so sorry for nu-Sup Forums. Here I am, knowing how to use an OS, with win10 configured like a good with perfect aesthetics and function. Is there anything I can do to help you guys?

It's literally just you being incompetent

It fails to even find Nvidia in CPanel! Fucking POS!

>make a new install
>run a powershell script written by some pajeet
>surprised that things don't work

This is the intelligence of the average gaymur

I never had this problem. Win10 pro on a 10 years old asus laptop

Meanwhile, Windows 7 works ^^

>run a powershell script
Never did that.

>1 retard got his shit broken
>OMFG WINDOWS 10 SO BAD HOW CAN YOU USE THIS BROKEN SHIT >:((

And to prove the inconsistency, from here it somethimesfinds the Realtek Control Panel!

That's not where the shortcut exists fag.

Learn how search and folder index works in Windows. Everyone keeps telling you

>taskbar icons arranged exactly the same
>same program downloading something in the background

Are you using some broken Windows 10 theme? Dumb cunt

on butilka you go

Learn how search and index works.

>downloading something
It's AIMP playback indicator, retard. And I arranged the icons similarily since I dual boot these OSes.

Start Menu folders don't need indexing you retard. See:

I ran into this problem on my Windows 10 desktop, three years old. Was freshly installed with Windows 10 when that came out. My laptop’s installation, which shares a lot of the same documents, apps and setup, doesn’t have the problem. I do not know of any setting that I changed on my desktop for it to now show certain items that I know 100% are on the machine, some of them are even in the regular start menu like that femanon shows. I remember it working earlier this year but somehow, maybe with some update, it suddenly got messed up. And the issue with Windows 10 is, that so much of it changes every 6 months that if you google for a solution you find articles of other broken irrelevant things or a tutorial that doesn’t work anymore because Microsoft hid or moved around settings.

>arranged the icons similarly
>conveniently playing back something while switching between OS'
>filenames indicated that it isn't even you and that you just saved the images a while back on Sup Forums
Fuck off retard

Our American software just getting you back for interfering in our election. Why you'd want to put an emotionally unstable authoritarian in charge of the world's most destructive nuclear force is beyond me.

Okay then show me your Nvidia shortcut and where the search show find it. If it's not in your start menu program folders(so that it's indexed... Retard), or otherwise in a folder you explicitly index, you're a confirmed fag.