wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Main_Page
wikipedia.org/
wiki.debian.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>"Linux" is one category
>Windows needs to be separated out for each version
lmao

>desktop
Wow, 7% of teenagers and soccer moms use Linux. Congratulations.

We don't need two threads for this

Tim cuck is on suicide watch lmfao

i started using it last month, it probable started counting me today, thats why it jumped by 100%

If you count up all the macOS versions together they surpass GNU/Linux.

>Surpasses OS X
Lel

>freebsd 0% even though all PS3s and PS4s run it

*desktop marketshare*
Who fukin care about Console market share??

I used my PS3 with Gentoo installed on it as a desktop for 4 years.

> console peasants

inb4 Sup Forums

Lul I install Desktop on console u fagget

use PS3 as desktop

give that console back to the dumb cis white male kid u took it from

It clearly says 'Desktop Operating System'.
Also how many people do you think actually browse the web on their gaming consoles?

virgins
so all of Sup Forums

Nice to see, but it surely helps that the graph only shows Sierra while High Sierra is out..

C H R O M E B O O K S

>white male
Why does it start to sound so stupid?

>G E N T O O
Install it

only netmarketshare reports linux at 7%
someone must be tinkering with the stats

Just wait until xbone is hacked to run real windows 10 or even linux. You'll have a powerhouse of a pc for only 279 bucks.

>powehouse
>xbone

>xbone
>getting hacked
You mean PS4?

You couldnt build a pc that matches the xbones performance for under $300. I challenge you to even try.

If Atari pushes their new "console" for 250-300 it literally won't matter since it'll be "hacked" ootb.

I agree but buying an xbone just for the sake of running windows is stupid and then there is Microshit spying on you with Kinect.

Really? A $279 gaming pc is stupid? Ok.

Le Microsoft shill spotted.

I wouldn't be so happy, this is just Google slowly taking over the PC market.

>chrome os
>0.84%
>''''''taking over''''''''''
LOL

>the linux gaming meme

better than xbux

O U T D A T E D

>Other
Temple OS?

Haiku, OpenBSD, NetBSD, DragonflyBSD, React etc

Actually the do, people have been setting this up for a long time. Now you shills are worried.

>make kernel open source
>lose market share to linux
hmm... really made me think

Africa

In order to use linux you need to learn commands.

Just to install JDK you need to manually edit code.

For most of the shit you need to do, there aren't even any good instructionals. You'll find yourself scrolling through miles of internet forums, trying to piecemeal the information together to figure out how to do what you want to do

It's fucking shitty. Obviously it's better than the major OS's but in terms of usability for 90% of the population it's an absolutely shit-tier dumpster fire

Fuchsia

(You)

oh no you need to type commands to install a DEVELOPMENT KIT

also that's oracle's fault, not linux's

>xbone
>powerhouse
ishygddt

There's not that much variation per distro or even per kernel, every Windows version is completely fucking different, you can't tell me that Windows XP is the same as Windows 10.

>Just to install JDK you need to manually edit code

sudo apt install openjdk-*

>linux at almost 7%
I refuse to believe this is accurate.

Ask yourself this: when you are out in public or in a place like an airport, how many machines running windows do you see? how many macs do you see?

have you ever actually seen someone in the real world running linux that wasnt in a niche location like a comp sci area at a school or waiting for a plane to something like defcon?

if those numbers were actually true, why do you see so many macbooks running osx and not linux?

That's what I mean. I've literally only met one other person that uses linux in my life besides me. And he was a physics/comp sci student.

cause you are a nigger

AHAHAHAHAHA LINUX FAGS THINK THAT 7% IS THAT BIG AS IF ANYONE GIVES A SHIT

WHERE ARE YOUR VIDEO GAMES LINUX FAGS

WHERE IS YOUR PROFESSIONAL SOFTWARE FOR ANYTHING

REAL MEN USE WINDOWS BECAUSE REAL MEN HAVE i9 TO RUN

Because those who use Linux are never in the public.

first we took your marketshare, next month it will be your gaems

nice dubs tho

Dubs speak the truth.
Linuxfags can't produce any argument else than
>lol gaymers xd
>oh we can't use (industry standard professional software)? we have (shittier freeware version of software that no one in their right mind chooses)
>lol enjoy your botnet xd
Windows has been, and is going to be the most compatible and most supported OS for years to come.

Dubs speak the truth.
Linuxfags can't produce any argument else than
>lol gaymers xd
>oh we can't use (industry standard professional software)? we have (shittier freeware version of software that no one in their right mind chooses)
>lol enjoy your botnet xd
Windows has been, and is going to be the most compatible and most supported OS for years to come.

Hello tripfag cancer.

Accidentally left my tripcode on. It doesn't affect my statement though.

Forgot to take off your trip !ROACH.PCUY you nigger?

Does it matter? You can combine the windows ones if you want.

bait

maybe you need to learn how to use search engine
and to rtfm
wiki.archlinux.org/
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Main_Page
wikipedia.org/
wiki.debian.org/

Does Linux have almost 4x as much users as Windows NT 4.0?

>to do something, you need to learn it

>market
No one counted my GNU+Linux installations.

yes. lets get real for a moment. You install windows 10 in about 45 minutes and for most linuxes its about the same but remember. Biggest base linuxes are about 1 gigabytes or 2 while windows 10 can be more than 5 gigabytes of data. And what happens when you open them. On the linux there are about 2 functional buttons, 3 are nonfunctional and in those two buttons there are some pictures to play with. Maybe slide down or up. On windows though, you feel like a god. Its professional its fast, its all functional. You have a godlike user interface. The thing that the linux does not have. You have those two buttons in the linux, but you still search google for codes to write in terminal. Linux is free because its not worth a penny. Nobody would sell a paper without taking the money. Just not sure why people still buy android while windows phone does 10 times more. Trust me. When you work with windows you know some genius ground breaker dedicated himself to give you an operational os

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Fuck off shills

I also started using it last month, as in, august.

>win10 dropping
>8s holding

Uhh that's exactly the point.

No they don't, they run CellOS and Orbis OS.

>OSX
outdated

I bet you think gnu/linux is racist too
lol

What is happening? Why this happen?

>through Sept 2017
Not really

>through Sept 2017
That's an automated update. They aren't upto the news - it's called Mac OS now

Maybe they simply don't give a shit about the name change. I know I don't. And if you're going to try correcting people, get it right. The last version of Mac OS came out in 2001, what you're thinking of is "macOS"

Dude nobody cares. If I wanna call it Mac OS X High Sierra nobody can stop me.

Which are forks of FreeBSD dumbshit

>Maybe they simply don't give a shit about the name change.
I don't think the website is credible if the choose not to give a shit about the latest updates

Exactly. They're not FreeBSD, they're FreeBSD forks.

What makes you think they're not counting the new versions? They're most likely just counted as "OS X" given they're the same goddamned thing.

Yeah for a shitty "counter" website like this they can count anything under any name. Because they "simply don't give a shit"

have chinks been forced to use linux by the CPC?

"free as in freedom" lads

Nigger.

And we think you're an autist.
macOS/OS X as a whole is still on top of Linux if you group up all the versions previous to High Sierra as a bundle, it's like nearly 1% more popular than Linux.

If anything it's noteworthy to point out that an OS that's literally a week old has nearly as much marketshare as Linux as a whole.

>(((we)))
who?

It's a website that counts the number of users of an OS. Whether they call that OS by its old name, "OS X," or the new one, "macOS," the number's going to be the same.

>Whether they call that OS by its old name, "OS X," or the new one, "macOS," the number's going to be the same.
Or they simply _do no know_ the recent developments and have been posting outdated information

Or maybe they simply don't give a flying fuck about the irrelevant name change.

Are you pretending to be retarded or something?
High Sierra is a week old. How are they posting outdated info?

Then don't think they're credible, see if they give a shit.

No one gives a shit about your (((statcounter))) propaganda website too

OP gave enough of a shit to use their statistics

>using Sup Forumsnigger parenthesis on words
Sorry for engaging in discussion, I mistook you for an actual person.

Windows has had same kernel since NT or im retarded. Except Vista which sucks. idk if they cant or dont want to do kernels.

No, OP didn't. Stop skewing the facts, it's not going to help you.

>year of the Linux desktop has finally arrived
oh my fuck