Let's be honest here

OSX is the only OS that has no practical value whatsoever. If it stopped existing all of a sudden one day, no one would care.

>Windows
Professional content creators use windows
Office tasks and desktops are on windows
Gamers use windows
A few Servers run on windows

>Linux
IT, sysadmins use Linux
Supercomputers, embedded chip and Android runs on Linux
Linux and FreeBSD has top quality emulation technology
Majority of Servers run on Linux

>Mac OSX
Tech illiterate hipsters that need a shiny facebook machine need OSX
Unironically faggots use OSX even Apple CEO is a faggot and steve jobs was a smelly hipster who thought taking shower is not necessary (Not kidding)

>hurr durr I'm not poor
Buying organic water to prove otherwise is not only dumb but also laughable

Find me ONE reason that validates OSX's existence
PROTIP: You can't

Other urls found in this thread:

code.visualstudio.com/updates/v1_16#_javascript-and-typescript-refactorings
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

courage

>OSX is the only OS that has no practical value whatsoever
Yep, pretty much so, but there's no reason to waste a thread for this.

Developpers use OSX (btw it's macOS now for some reason) as it's the only OS that allow you to make iOS apps

My last job would care a lot, because all their internal infrastructure ran on Apple products.
Except the NAS, maybe.

I kinda hope the Mac Mini that runs everything just breaks down because they refused to invest in redundancy and they can't afford to break down for more than 3 days straight

Except the NAS, but the NAS was just a timemachine backup.

>Proffesional content creators use Windows
I stopped reading there , you clearly don't know what you are talking about fuck off microcock shill

I know this is pasta, but macOS is what competent developers use

I wish that image were real and not some hipster artistic statement.

iOS is equally useless.

They should include race in that graph.

>OS X is targeted to a narrow set of hardware and tends to do a good job of exploiting that hardware.
Oh look, I can make an OS that runs only one hardware and support if fucking great! Such an achievement!

>Applications made for OS X tend to be better.
What do you mean "better"?
>Because there is a thriving and self-supporting commercial ecosystem on the Mac.
That's only if the software is made by crapple, which is not the case for most of the times.

>UI
There it is. Probably the only justifying reason and the most superficial one you can ever imagine.

>most professional software devs are using Macs now.
It comes close to Linux actually. Besides the newbies use MacOS because they don't like Windows, not because they like MacOS

That graph also says C++ users "perform worse" than Ruby devs which is not only stupid but also baseless to any extent imaginable

It doesn't say C++ users perform worse than Ruby users, it says that people who use C++ specifically in interviews perform worse than people who use Ruby in interviews, which makes perfect sense considering how awful of an idea it is to use C or C++ in an interview setting.

>It doesn't say C++ users perform worse than Ruby users, it says that people who use C++ specifically in interviews perform worse than people who use Ruby in interviews
So, same thing?

If you can't understand the difference between those two things, you're retarded

Everything you use daily was written on macOS, Poojeet.

Even the WWW itself was invented on macOS's granddaddy.

Sup Forums itself was written on macOS and runs on macOS.

Stay poor, stay retarded, shit on streets.

>Professional content creators use windows
If you actually believe this then you've probably have only been in 0 or 1 workplace.

In every place I've worked Graphic artists and other content creators overwhelmingly used Macs. Maybe everything else is ran on windows and linux, but the departments that deal with content creation are always using mac.

>when you see it

code.visualstudio.com/updates/v1_16#_javascript-and-typescript-refactorings

>runs on macOS.
That was just a joke by moot.

it was not. he used MBP. Sup Forums still runs on Mac Minis.

Industry standard software for video content manipulation is Windows only.

Your shitty hipster startup means shit.

I'm gonna post my lifestory... maybe some of you will relate

Gaming age (2007-2012)
>Like windows
"so much customisation!"
>Hate OSX
"its for babies"
>Minimal linux knowledge
"one day"

Senior CS Undergrad (2013-2015)
>Dislike Windows
"guess i'll keep for games"
>Neutral OSX.
"literally botnet, looks OK"
>Duel booting linux
"people will think im smart"

Full time developer (2016-current)
>Hate windows
"B O T N E T, bloat, hard to develop on"
>Like OSX?!
"Devs use at work, always 'just werks', get to use linux style dev tools with no problems"
>Use linux full time
"comfy development workflow + smarter than osx fags"

It's a progression Sup Forumsoys, post where you are on this journey

I've worked for a bunch of Insurance companies and other industries as a a developer. Every Marketing department i've seen has been filled with Macs.

Be honest here, you've never had a job.

Linux is a kernel. K E R N E L. When will you faggots learn it?

>Sup Forums still runs on Mac Minis.
Again, it doesn't. It was a joke.

I agree.

I'm an iOS app developer by trade so apple forces me to use it's shitty systems all day long.
Fucking developers and not wanting to get rid of Terminal / comand-line. Some of the most autistic mother fuckers about this shit make some of the best tools for developers, ie: cocoa-pods.

For normies, there are no uses for macOS other than just saying that they have a mac. Even hard core "artist" types are abandoning it because Apple has let their art software support go to shit.

>Find me ONE reason that validates OSX's existence
Core Audio

Not when you're making a living developing apps for it.

"Linux" is also a colloquialism for operating systems that use Linux as their kernel.

>
>They should include race in that graph.
And Sexual Orientation.
AIDS Faggots love Apple
Fags love to suck Tim Cook's Cock

>"Linux" is also a colloquialism for operating systems that use Linux as their kernel.
Not if Stallman can help it.

(He can't)

>macshit circle jerk

Ah, I also remember my years as a teenage gamer, when I thought windows was the height of computing power and Linux was an exotic framework for hackers.
Fortunately, you grow out of that stage pretty quick. When you get a 100k/year job, you’ll see the use for macs.

OSX is Unix, you can't dis Unix. Of the listed OSes only Microshit is useless

this

>Professional content creators use windows

In what universe? OP is a panjeet who's never seen a Mac in real life before being used by anyone in his town.

Professional content creators use os x
Office tasks and desktops are on os x
A few Servers run on os x
IT, sysadmins use os x
OS X has really good emulation technology too

Gamers can use consoles, BSD>Linux -> windows, linux have no use

This. Wincucks 8 is where it all got flushed down.

>"joke"

Newfucks need to get off my board. This is known here for fucks sake.

>couldn't afford SSD, so went with USB flash drive instead
No idea how anyone believe this for a moment. It was so obvious.

Being tech illiterate people's Facebook machine is a valid reason since that's 95% of the population. Whether you like it or not, OS X is far more secure and easy to use than Windows so there's no reason for a casual user to ever care about Windows,

Windows is hell, macOS is fine for content creators, but you might as well take a 2010 Mac Pro, and slap a Vega or RX 580 in it if you really need to use macOS, and Gentoo Linux is the only Linux.