Mandarin learner here, I'm looking at moving to china, hk, singapore, or taiwan

mandarin learner here, I'm looking at moving to china, hk, singapore, or taiwan.

my main question is WHERE should I go fr a private language school?

I'm leaning towards taiwan because of language standardization.

as far as the mainland goes though, I've heard it's better to actually go to guandong because since mandarin is essentially a second language, their regional accents are not nearly as thick. I've heard that even in zhejiang province, the mandarin dialect is mutually unintelligible from putonghua, and they use it more. so for a second language learner it's a bad place to go, as they will use their mandarin with you, instead of putonghua.

input? I've visited many parts of the country. I do have to say guandong is probably the nicest.

pic related. southern girls are prettier, except for the half-vietnamese ones with HUEG foreheads

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cYYVATuLwCA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Looks like where I used to live

the terrain looks like somewhere between eastern california to texas afaik. I live around there.

Lived in that fucking right brah?

bump

I will tell you if you give source on the pic.

>mandarin learner here,

not like I'd trust a brazilian anyway

yeah, maybe if you stop imposing chinese and japanese exclusive taxes I'd believe you

heard all the warnings before. don't care. I'm not interested in staying here and getting killed by blacks. why don't you make a copypasta for that? I imagine it'd be pretty short though

are you that nigger

go to hk or singapore. or stop learning chinese altogether, it wont be any benefit to you

>heard all the warnings before

And you don't think there might be some merit to all of those people's experience?

Not saying there's no reason to continue, but you shouldn't just ignore it.

I'm not a nigger. I never even come on int.

I speak 3 languages aside from chinese and almost all of the english language sources on topics regarding related countries are false. not just kind of false, but systematically false.

my chinese is only basic, but I've visited and it's quite clear there's a political bias to half of the reporting. and from my personal experience with the other languages I'm fluent in, there is almost always a sour grapes bias and a general incompetence in ENGLISH discourse over domestic economic matters by those same sources that makes me heavily wary.

if I don't believe in the validity of a reporter/source/outlet regarding domestic matters in easily digestible english, why would I believe that source regarding a foreign country which they almost certainly understand less?

Kek, you're a fucking retard. china is a step backwards, they're basically niggers too

You have no chance to permanently live in China. Go to Japan or Korea, or SEA countries like Thailand. At least they'll humor the idea.

I meant that assuming you meant you had heard it from people irl.

I wouldn't trust most online sources for the sole fact that people with a bad experience are the ones that will write about it.

ass is shopped

>chinese are niggers
>in america niggers kill whites
>niggers celebrate
>whites say "just because a nigger is a murderer doesn't mean he's a bad person. you need to learn to adapt to terrorism!"
>if you don't like being killed, whites call you racist, and deserving of being killed
>chinese are the niggers
got it bud.

why is int even worse than pol? how did that happen?

Greentext stories on Sup Forums are factual and I base all my opinions about 1.4 billion people upon them.

>all of these people's experiences
Who? All I see is one memetext story on Sup Forums.

>basically niggers
>crime rate in poor as fuck China way below US blacks

>no chance of permanent residency
Nice bait. Nearly 200,000 new residents live in China each year.
Also, the user isn't asking for permanent residence.

I spent quite a great deal of time there. reports from expats vary pretty drastically by region, but are overwhelmingly less negative. I have a realistic picture of the downsides, which exist, but are generally not what you see in a copypasta.

I know where I want to end up or would accept working, generally. I'm just fishing for advice about dialects for learning.

FUCK YOU I CAN'T UNSEE IT NOW

>Who? All I see is one memetext story on Sup Forums.

"heard it all before" implies that you've had several people talk to you about it negatively before

Not the same user.

>Greentext stories on Sup Forums are factual and I base all my opinions about 1.4 billion people upon them.

All been confirmed if you work in business in China. Ask around. They will give you a nice product, but there's no guarnatee that is what you're getting. You need people on EVERY level to double check things.

Let me guess. You spent two weeks there on vacation in a hotel in the downtown area, away from nong peasants and real China. One chink girl gave you some attention, and now you want to permanently live there because you think white girls are fat and fucking niggers, and nigs are taking over the country.

Your idea isn't practical. And you are a virgin. China is a fucking shithole full of scamming, thieving chink subhumans, and you will never be able to live there.

Chinese business is filled with turbo Jews on steroids. The law is generally pretty weak so it's the wild west.

Anyone who encountered Chinese diaspora or bought stuff in a Chinese shop (in the West) knows this tbqh.

They can make amazing stuff, but be extra wary about quality and authenticity.

中国語勉強しないで!日本語の方がいい!

so you're saying that living in china is stupid because practically it's best to avoid peasant areas, whereas living in america is super practical, because it's so safe to live in... baltimore, or... actually half of the entire fucking country is dangerous as fuck. so confining myself to upper-scale urban centers is more or less what I HAVE to do, either in china or america.

fucking TRY and be more angry. I'd love to see it

I don't understand you guys. Here we have an user willing to step out of his comfort zone and experience something new- and you're discouraging him? Is your aim in life just to sit on your ass in whatever slum you're from, and smugly proclaim china is shit even though you guys have never been there?

This is true. For the simple minded op, don't do business in commie china. You will lose all your money. Even the happy merchants in Hong Kong get scammed by the commie china merchants too.
We usually say in commie china everyone is an alchemist where everything is fake and will explode.

you sound very autistic mate. do you do anything that lets you leave your state or atleast house?

autistic /neets/ on Sup Forums who would rather fear the world rather than embrace it. sad mentality really.

fake noodles and fake fruits were recent scandals, they are banned from exporting foods to other asian countries for a reason imo.

the CCP somehow turbofucked public morality/common sense.

To answer your question OP, putonghua is standardized everywhere and not just in taiwan. You do have accents - kinda like the valley fry in cali - and vernacular words - slangs and such - but most of it is intelligible.

I've been to all those countries and have been able to speak with the natives in my shitty putonghua, so i don't think you'll have a problem. As for Singapore, the only advantage i can think of is our bilingualism, so even if your mandarin fails you're still fine.

It's just shitposting, all in good fun. For the most part anyway.

>the CCP
no, the ccp had no hand in it, this is Confucianism at its purist.

>let me tell you about an entire continent and its history/people
you'd be a smarter person if you weren't so caught up in your own opinion.

the mao era more or less destroyed prestige networks and market pricing mechanisms which had developed under the control of northern mandarins to protect them from the xiongnu, and in the south independent of central control.

there was a rational enough incentive to reform the systems, but they were communist so that didn't exactly work out.

more perceptive individuals are currently aware of new market information mechanisms being deployed which are quite sensible and have a decent chance to reform the most corrupt branches of chinese commerce, which are generally small scale manufacturing and provincial retail.

but of course you never see that on bloomberg. huh. wonder if (((someone))) is involved in that?

利点は何すか?わからずに何度でもと言う続け..黙ってなさい

Don't go to Taiwan, they will teach you the bullshit traditional characters which are irrelevant in the world and substantially harder to learn than the simplified form.

>my shitty putonghua

I've read once that Singaporeans were bilingual in Mandarin and English, but the only problem was that they're terrible at both. Is it true? So do you communicate in a mix of broken languages? How is it even possible?

>黙ってなさい
ケツ食ってバカヤロウ

the ministry of language openly admits that only some 10% of mainlanders are articulate in putonghua. they can understand it, but my general understanding is that they're unable to express anything moderately complex. that would make the mainland a poor choice then, to learn via social immersion. the schools would be fine, I'm sure.

if my understanding is flawed, then so be it. I'm open to learning how it is. I just don't want to learn some sort mandarin that's essentially regional.

also, why is your putonghua awful, if I may ask? are you hakka?

My girlfriend is Chinese, and we spent some time over there.

If you are just doing it for the pussy, don't go. It's not worth giving up your sanity for. China is a weird place and it will drive you absolutely crazy. No matter how well you speak Mandarin, you will basically be unable to understand people wherever you go because most just let out a series of grunts. This isn't so bad if you are just traveling but if you need to mingle yourself with the local bureaucrats to deal with documents, permits, visas, bribes etc. it will be a nightmare.

Afaik the English students just want to listen to somebody who is white, so even if you have no teaching experience I wouldn't worry too much about this.

OP China is fucked up. Do it if you really really want to, but don't just go because of the easy pussy because no amount in the world justifiea living in China .

This.

Like other dual language speakers, you eventually get better at one of them. A rare few are equally proficient at both. Anyway, since most of the country speaks both english and chinese we flow in-between both (as well as some malay/tamil) so it's good fun for us. For me, my english is much much better than my chinese.

Fun fact: i'm tasked with editing english essays written by exchange students for my university. So far, the people with the shittiest grammar are from:
> america, specifically minnesota
> irish
> indian

t. Mainlander

>the only problem was that they're terrible at both. Is it true?
I'm not him, but that is true for the majority of the population. The younger generation is terrible at Chinese, and bad at speaking English but decent at writing it.

>I don't want to deal with people getting killed daily without anyone caring
>So I'm moving to China

english grammar or mandarin grammar?

>The younger generation is terrible at Chinese, and bad at speaking English but decent at writing it.
how the fuck do you all communicate with any hint of complexity at all then?

You dumb motherfuckers speak the worst english ever, or "Singlish". It sounds like such a subhuman language, saying "la" after every sentence and sounding like chimps. Just fucking learn proper english.

This
Listen to this man OP

Unless you are some guy who gives zero fucks, is a dick to everyone, backstabs all his friends and bribes his way through difficulties you won't be able to handle China.

English grammar. It is quite ironic

>t. dumbass with peasant gf who went to some shitty third tier city.

Kill yourself kraut.

See People speak a crappy creole that's English with a mix of words from Chinese, its dialects, and Malay thrown in. How bad it is corresponds to how much of a bydło the person you're speaking to is.

Hey Chinabro, what is your opinion on Ghuangzhou? My mom is from that place.

That's right Andy, no different from what you guys call 'English' in Detroit, Florida, or Texas

Nice denial but nah.

not just for the pussy. I have business plans. the kind for which it would be difficult to get screwed on.

it's easy to say that china is a headache until you realize that arabs are running around europe raping women and geting let off, and niggers are running around killing people with impunity.

the field I'm in I basically can't operate in this kind of environment. it's impossible.

the pussy is nice though. beats fucking american pastimes, though I do enjoy the central euro lifestyle, it's basically impossible at this point.

that said, I'm leaning towards taiwan.

I didn't intend this to become political. I just wanted to learn a neutral dialect.

>job editing
I applied for a job of that sort a long time ago. their standards seem to be pretty high, not that it shows in the work, kek

>terrible at chinese
this is because they're hakka, right? they're probably decent at their dialect. according to what I'm reading, even mainlanders are awful at putonghua. maybe the taiwanese are the only ones decent at it, is my impression

I don't think you understand what people getting killing in nearly daily gunfights outside an office does to business.

you can't run a business when legal institutions are breaking down. can't be done.

you're safe for now in whatever shitty government or retail employment you have, because those have the government as a guarantor against damages. congrats, you're kind shift manager of teh shit heap.

the rest of of have real business to do. I'm sure a shit shoveler doesn't complain about collapsing business infrastructure in zimbabwe either. fuck off

hey all us floridians speak the english good

You mean, Guangzhou? It's a rather small tier 1 city with a nice shiny new downtown area. The city has many niggers and arabs (although I heard they are all starting, which is good).

The chinese people I met there were very nice but it is far less international than Shanghai and white foreigners are very uncommon.

I'd say I prefer Shenzhen though, because it has nice beaches and is next to HK.

*niggers and arabs are all starting to leave

Don't go to Taiwan. There is a huge anti foreigner backlash there because of stories of foreigners fucking hundreds of taiwanese girls. You might get lynched.

it's a mixture between essentially communist education policy that refuses to expel people who bring guns to school, large numbers of immigrants, selective promotion of leftists as "high iq" because they toe the quasi-maoist educational standards, and the pure fact that the older middle class generation was SO wealthy their kids basically never had to learn... anything.

in my case, just a normal blue collar family, I was lucky to be much smarter than my parents. never studied ONCE in HS and passed with perfect marks. we just skateboarded, smoked weed, etc ALL DAY EVERY DAY.

imagine what that does to a person with only 100 iq points, who then goes to college and earns a pretty piece of paper

prosperity killed us

她是从北京来的
Stay mad Xiao Ming

This, this, this times 1000. And Chink pussy isn't getting any easier.

There are literally millions of whites flooding into China each year. There are something like 60 million tourists coming each year alone. mostly male. They pump and dump every chink girl that speaks English and has any remote interest in foreigners.

As a result, all the chink women in tier 1 cities like Shanghai and Beijing have extremely high standards now, and it's moving to the other lesser known cities.

Being white in China as a novelty is fading fast. In 5-10 years the country will be harder to get laid in than Japan and Korea. When that happens IT WILL BE FUCKING UNBEARABLE TO LIVE IN CHINA BECAUSE THE ONLY REASON PEOPLE WANT TO LIVE IN CHINA IS FOR EASY PUSSY. Take away that, and you will literally go fucking insane.

>this is because they're hakka, right? they're probably decent at their dialect.
No one speaks dialects here. Mandarin is taught in schools and dialects have been strongly discouraged by the government. I dare say the number of speakers of dialects decreases by several times with every generation.

source on this plz. taiwanese were incredibly friendly

I can see them being angry about the whole whites acting like niggers thing. but lynchings?

I'm having trouble understanding how the mandarin could be so bad then. is it just literacy?

it was my impression that prestige networks basically operated exclusively in mandarin.

Yes, we Asians will kill anything that threaten our culture white boi.

>prestige networks basically operated exclusively in mandarin.
Education, business and commerce are all conducted in English. Don't come here if you want to learn Mandarin because most people under thirty speak better English than Mandarin.
Personally I don't speak Mandarin at home, at all.

>speak
By this I mean "can speak if they want to", among themselves they use the "Singlish" creole.

Then when is Mandarin used?

I'm white, motherfucker. I just live in a first world city (Shanghai). You peasant gf is probably from Hebei or some other shit tier province.

In food courts and by old people. People still do speak it at home but I believe usage is decreasing with every generation in favour of English.

>I just live in a first world city (Shanghai)
kek

He just said she's from Beijing.

You will not get killed, but you will be attacked in the subway or shouted at by young men and old men.
Here's a video of this happening:
youtube.com/watch?v=cYYVATuLwCA

Many parts of Shanghai are richer and more developed than Seoul. In fact, I see a lot more luxury cars here than Seoul and house prices are higher here than in there.

Seoul feels like a small provincial town compared to Shanghai, you can't even compare the two.

She's from Beijing (seriously you live there and speak no Chinese whatsoever?) and got a PhD from the university too.

But yeah if I lived in Shanghai I too would start to believe every last girl on this planet is a shit person.

Hebei is right next to Beijing, half of Beijing's population are peasants from the surrounding area, just like that kraut's gf.

Go to which ever one you think you'll enjoy the most.

Thanks for the reply Chinabro, I'll take your advice into consideration(not sure if I said this correctly) when I go to China next time

You don't need chinese as a white man in China. I don't even know what you are complaining about. Life is very good here, the peasants are a problem, but the government is putting a cap on them.

okay, cool, my choice is to get yelled at by some angry neckbeard (who, truthfully, has a point. westerners have fucked up their own countries and treated their women like toilets. why should asians allow us to do the same to their country?)

and my other choice is literally getting shot to death in the open by niggers.

the choice is clear.

note this thread wasn't me demanding the right to live somewhere else. if they don't want me or my services, I will leave.

but right now I can choose to get yelled at, or choose to be killed.

the choice is obvious.

Digressing a little bit, but i don't quite understand that american obsession with the college degree. How is it that demand for college education is through the roof, but college is getting more and more expensive? Shouldn't something give way, like education getting cheaper or people placing less emphasis on degrees?

this girl is fillipinas ?

... for now. If the anglophonic hegemony ever shifts in favour of the Chinese, or any other hegemon, we'll similarly change. Mark my words. That's how cucked we are

>Many parts of Shanghai are richer and more developed than Seoul. In fact, I see a lot more luxury cars here than Seoul and house prices are higher here than in there.Seoul feels like a small provincial town compared to Shanghai, you can't even compare the two.
just face this truth and shanghai's income and living standard is typical 3word shithole shanghai's income level is too low compared to seoul

>You don't need chinese as a white man in China
In Shanghai you don't, in Beijing maybe you don't, in every other square inch of the country nobody speaks intelligible English

Doubt it will, though you can never tell

どっちみち彼女のケツが フェイクだよ

8 in 10 asian girls would refuse to interact with whites, asia is still a very insular place where you only hang out with people in your mutual networks. especially truer for the upper class broads.

i swear its always these Sup Forums neets who think they are the fucking king in asia and act arrogant and shitty. literal rapefugee mentality.

>this guy fucking hundreds of girls

shut the fuck up, it was because he was dating one girl and found an autist.

>8 in 10 asian girls would refuse to interact with whites, asia is still a very insular place where you only hang out with people in your mutual networks
I can't speak for anywhere else but every day on the subway home I see at least two WMAF couples.
Nearly every Caucasian teacher I had came here because he married a Singaporean girl.

You better believe it Amos, just like the way we all did for English. It was definitely painful for all of us to learn English: a colonizer's language.

You can either pretend it's not going to happen or at least keep your options open. Me, i'm going to do the smart thing and work on my Mandarin, just like i've been doing for the past year

you honestly sound like the shitty english teachers who

>goes to another country
>still hold racist views and mocks the people
>talks shit about the upper class above them

why are you even pissed there are black and brown people when your a fucking expat as well.

uh, well

1. americans are fucking stupid. you literally cannot understand how fucking stupid we are.
2. there was a supreme court case called duke vs griggs which basically outlawed something called "disparate impact." which means that n any capacity, if niggers EVER fail at something disproportionately to whites, ever, a government agency or corporation can be sued into oblivion.

so instead of having open organizations which hired according to merit, we started putting up monetary barriers to workforce entry, since screening according to merit was racist. niggers literally just couldn't afford to sit down and listen, or pay.

of course, that eventually also fell under the court ruling and could be sued. so the competition involved going to the MOST EXPENSIVE college, or getting a masters degree, which then was "evidence" that the hirers weren't being racist becaus they "need" the masters degree to teach employees the "skills."

it's a bit like the white flight/suburbanization phenomenon. it was illegal to deny rent to niggers. it was illegal to police the streets. so the only way to avoid getting shot and killed was to literally buy a million dollar house surrounded by other million dollar houses. now you're safe.

america is FUCKED up. it's so fuckd up you can't even begin to understand our housing or labor dynamics. and NO news organization is going to explain this clearly.

I didn't understand it well myself until I was around 22. most people STILL dn't understand it.

it's so fucked. fuck this place.

people accuse me of just wanting chink puss. fine. I don't care if that's what the chinese see.

I'm literally just trying not to get killed.

>It was definitely painful for all of us to learn English: a colonizer's language.
lmao

>at least keep your options open
What I'm doing.

i would impregnate this qt azn nurse who works with me (medfag) but i have a really bad experience with asian women, one is the mother of a colleague and holy shit she is manipulative and paranoid as fuck
she literally made her husband quit and left her kek
do you think azn pussy is worth the risk? or should i stick with brown women?

if it's any relief, for every white guy in asia that fucks 30 girls or whatever, there are 2 or 3 niggers in america that fuck 30 white girls.

treating women like toilets is just part of our culture at this point. being treated poorly is inherently appealing to a lot of women. it's a skill we hone from an early age that destroys our civilization.

when we no longer hold money or hegemony, the trend will end and women will mostly rebuke us (most o them already do. but the sluts who will sleep with us... are sluts. so of course the slut is going to slep with 30 white guys.)

just my take on the situation. most white girls hate niggers too. but the slutty ones you don't like anyway, well they're gonna sleep with hundreds of them. so it leads to an overblown perception.

here's what I think about your race

i.e. Real Chinese culture before genocide by communist cucks. OP go to Taiwan, you will love it and never want to set foot in the mainland again. It's a beautiful vision of what could have been if somebody had the foresight to nuke Yanan before the commie cancer metastasized.

i go to a school that's 40% asian 30% brown 30% white, hang out with white people, asian canadians and fob asians. maybe 5% are in an interracial relationship.

the majority of each group sticks to their own kind when they go out, ie asian canadians go to the same restaurants together, fobs and whites/browns go to their own clubs together, etc.

same with most of my relatives who are younger, only one out of 20 or so married another race, some white surgeon, the rest married the same nationality.

Yeah, I remember you. Youre that faggot British ESL teacher that said Korea was too racist and too hard. You're fucking a couple 5s and 6s every month that every other white guy in Shanghai has pumped and dumped, and you think it's a paradise.

You're making a shit wage, and after a few months when you run out of uglies and average girls to fuck, you will start to lose your mind. Shanghai will soon be harder to get laid in than Korea, except it will still be a complete third world shithole. That's when the fun begins. You will absolutely lose your shit. kek

Btw, you are a fucking idiot for accepting 15k RMB a month. Most native speakers start out at 20k at the MINIMUM in Shanghai. Hell, I bet there's even Russian and Slav inbred bydlo scum making more than you there.

Well, you will have an easier time in the mainland then in Taiwan. Mainlanders won't care or be angry if you have a chinese gf. In taiwan, every guy there is secretly fantasizing about stabbing you in the back, just don't have the balls to do it.