Solar Charger

Which one Sup Forums?

Also I plan on buying a separate big power bank to charge, probably Anker 26,800 mAh.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.geekbuying.com/item/Original-XIAOMI-20000mAh-Power-Bank-2---White-375372.html
harborfreight.com/100-watt-solar-panel-kit-63585.html
youtube.com/watch?v=PrVMluI-ezY
banggood.com/Elfeland-18V-100W-Panel-Solar-Panels-Solarpanel-Solamodul-Semi-flexible-Mono-p-1143245.html
wholesalesolar.com/1977425/astronergy/solar-panels/astronergy-chsm6612p-325-silver-poly-solar-panel
thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-portable-solar-battery-pack/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I didnt read any of that shit on the right but the bottom one looks nicer.

Funny cause I thought the top solar panels look more advanced.

>discounted from 300$
get the anker

I hope you are planning to fold and carry it in a backpack, otherwise that isn't a good price

I would check and make sure whatever power bank model you get is OK with the charge current randomly tapering off, as a lot of them will simply stop charging until reconnected. Check for comments about it working with a solar panel or contact their customer service.

> probably Anker 26,800 mAh
26,800mAh is like 2+ days worth of charging for a panel that provides at most 2,400mA. You don't get full sun all day.

>You don't get full sun all day.
That's the point. I want a battery that it can keep charging for days. Have you played Space Engineers?

> Anker
Eh, get a Xiaomi for a better deal.

>Xiaomi
Do you mean the Mi power bank which has less power for around the same price 20,000mAh for $50 (plus shipping)?

> $50 plus shipping for 20Ah Xiaomi
$30-35 including shipping even without really trying to find a good price (at times its near $25). Don't be a sucker.

>Don't be a sucker.
Show me a link, cause I can't find it for $35 and under shipped.

Geekbuying, Gearbest, ali and other obvious Sup Forums csg places plus probably even google search results will have it for that.

Heres one link, but really pick your own:
m.geekbuying.com/item/Original-XIAOMI-20000mAh-Power-Bank-2---White-375372.html

Good price. Thanks. I don't really frequent

I have the Anker. Charges my phone pretty fast on sunlight through a window, FWIW desu.

Its usually worth it for a lot of such devices.

Might even have a look on ali for the panels.

I don't think you're going to be pleased with how those hold up under long term exposure to rain and condensation.

They make 12V marine / RV solar panels that are meant to be left outside indefinitely for about the same price. Battery would be more expensive, but you don't have to leave any USB parts out in the elements that way.

They also cell these portable battries. Get 8 full charges on my phone from one at full charge.

What should I look for in solar panels? Would up be nice to get some like OP's or maybe enough to run a router and modem in a power outage.

This is more portable stuff, like hang on a window (in or out). If you want power then you need big heavy panels. 100 watt ones are now like a dollar a watt or $100, but then you need a charge controller, battery, wiring, etc. The small stuff is basically good for charging a powerbank and keeping a phone charged or maybe a small tablet with infrequent use. With my pics in the OP you are looking at $100 for the solar charger and a powerbank. If you go big then you need over $250.

I have the RavPower. Pretty decent unit. I have it hung in a window and can charge 2 3500 mah batteries simultaneously over about a day and a half in Autumn in Britain when there's little to no sun. Does that in half the time during summer.

Power bank or phones would suffice.i as thinking innawoods or emergency short term.

Is it difficult putting together a more powerful panel?

>Is it difficult putting together a more powerful panel?
For home use this would probably be the cheapest for a 100 watt panel.
harborfreight.com/100-watt-solar-panel-kit-63585.html
Still need to add a battery.

Intredasting.png

Does this require being outside or could it be mounted inside on a western window?

youtube.com/watch?v=PrVMluI-ezY

This guy got power from an interior skylight. Still the panels are a little big to be mounted inside, though they do separate.

While not the models you posted, I have the anker 15 watt solar panel I strap to my pack while hiking to top off an anker power bank. They make good stuff.

Sweet. I have some fucking giant windows. Thanks user. Should I go with their suggested battery or is there a better deal?

I'm sure you could find better
banggood.com/Elfeland-18V-100W-Panel-Solar-Panels-Solarpanel-Solamodul-Semi-flexible-Mono-p-1143245.html

$1 / WATT SOLAR POWER NEVER

NEVER
E
V
E
R

What the shit solar? Why are you still so cost ineffective? It used to be there was some major solar breakthrough every 6 months with the promise that it'd be cheaper than coal by now. Instead we get this? >$3 / watt? Fuck that.

Used car batteries are pretty cheap compared to expensive Li-Po batteries. However Li-Po batteries are light and more dense.

So it depends on what you want, if you want to make it portable, maybe lipo batteries might be the way to go. If you want to go cheap, most liklely used car batteries is the way to go.

The military is rumored to be adopting solar power so it should get much better soon.

wholesalesolar.com/1977425/astronergy/solar-panels/astronergy-chsm6612p-325-silver-poly-solar-panel

81 cents per watt.

Doesn't come with the controller right

Which of these would be good to mount to my window so I can power an LED light and save money on power bill

I have the anker 15w, which is one panel less than ops pic

I tested it by having it sit out in the hot desert sun all day while doing shit, it kept my phone charged as long as the sun was out, and it charges fairly quickly (with the sun on full blast it was something like 1-1.5A, guessing by time)

Of course, it's a very niche product since it isn't powerful enough to power anything larger than a cellphone or maybe a raspberry pi. Mainly useful for camping and hiking unless you have a specific idea for it. Don't forget it works only half the day too.

If you absolutely know why you need one then I would recommend the anker, it's a better brand imo, I have some other stuff by them as well

thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-portable-solar-battery-pack/

Decent article that goes over what to look for in the solar chargers and which one is most efficient and shit

Also explains the benefits of different t types like rigid and flexible

Might be a little outdated with the items themselves

>Should I go with their suggested battery or is there a better deal?

Any deep cycle battery at walmart will work.

Yeah the 21 watt is basically the same price as the old 15 watt one.

An led light is hardly effecting your power bill user. Get a kill-a-watt meter to see what is eating all your electricity to save money.

fuck off shill, op you should also get one of those 10,000,000 mah battery banks from ebay!