Why is healthy, unprocessed food unreasonably expensive in the USA?

Why is healthy, unprocessed food unreasonably expensive in the USA?

>Brazilian in charge of posting maps

I meant to upload this, please disregard OP's picture.

you took all the good ones

nice map

Please discuss the topic at hand, the map was a mistake.

the map is at hand

Please do not touch or look at the map.

Nice map

it's fine i'm not portuguese

Shit map 2bh

scale effect

a hell fucking lot of people want shitty processed food, so, so you can have a huge production of this, which allows to decrease the price

plus shitty processed food use cheaper low quality/artificial ingredients, which also decrease the price, and people like when things are cheap

also, this food use a lot of stuff like salt, sugar or fat to give a very strong taste to cover for the lack of taste of the actual dish, and people who buy those dishes are now addict to those fake tastes

Cuz ppl who gives a fuck usually earn well, thus are prone to pay well for what they want

nice map fagot

It isn't

"Healthy" food in the us is insanely cheap. Probably some of the cheapest relative to income. Buy chicken breast, broccoli and oats

the colombian map blood flows through your veins

AAAAAAAAAAAAJ Thanks op I hadn't laughed so hard in a while

because they subsidize shitty crops instead of anything useful, most of their agriculture is corn, soy beans and sugar beets, comp[are that to australia and wheat is big followed by fruit, nuts, vegetables and various animal meat

because certain crops such as corn (think high fructose corn syrup) are heavily subisdized which makes junk food cheaper

also the processed food is has a longer shelf life and is easier to package and handle which lends to large scale industrialization

>cronulla riots
>peaceful

What did he mean by this?