What's this thing called again?

What's this thing called again?

universal mobile flash disquette drive

Portable storage device connectable through USB

This thing?

That's the cloud stick. I store it next to the wifi cable.

Zip diskette

Universal serial bus compliant MLC NAND mass storage device

USB key

USB

dildo but it goes in computer not in you

A You-Ess-Bee Dongle

Correct
“a USB” is also acceptable

Dubs are objectively correct.

Pendrive.

BENIZ

Small Transistor-based Drive. I 'm riddled with them.

thumb stick

Stick Storer

USB Memory Pen

Dickdongle.

a SSD

Portable Dongle

a doodad whachamacallit

a zip-zop bippity-bop disquette

Jump drive.

HDM1 stick

is that a chromecast or something?

Hard drive for my budget rig

drivy thingy

>insert jumpdrive
>PC doesn't move a light year

That's a universal bus compliant flash storage device, or as I like to call it: a pocket SSD

this doesn't make any sense. most pins on that ram aren't even connected.

It's called a USB Line. I'll show you later.

universal serial meme

dingle zip

tingle in my nigile

Those who call it a pendrive need to be dragged down a mountain.

Benis drive :-DDD

Milque disquette coquette corvette

Spaghetti drive.

Data port stick.

Flash drive

An object resembling an electronic device capable of interfacing with digital electronics via Universal Serial Bus connections.

USB key

Bootstiquette

Universal portable flash mobile data bus storage connector disk drive

Not my fault that it's the generally accepted name in my country. They're even advertised as pendrives.

nigger drive

Ram Thumb.

According to a 2004 episode of the Screen Savers, it's called a "thumb drive."

Some early computers had the USB port "backward" and you went crazy trying to plug the flash drive in. The plug needed to be a nonsymmetric shape so you could easily tell which way it had to go in.

zip disquette

oosb

>doesn't know that only the first few pins are actual data transfer and the rest is only corporate scam to drain your power
phew...

UAB Fast Drive

I'll tell you later.

United cereal bear based magnetic storage diskette device with universal electrical socket for use with standardized computing devices

>The plug needed to be a nonsymmetric shape so you could easily tell which way it had to go in.
Or, you know, reversible.

usb flash drive

Intel computing stick without computing

The Zip disk was popular at one point but it didn't become a standard like the 3.5" floppy, maybe because it was proprietary.

A .PNG

Penetrable

i smirked, thank you two.

pocket cloud

zip disquette

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as a USB, is in fact, a portable flash mass storage device with integrated Universal Serial Bus interface, or as I've recently taken to calling it, flash drive plus USB interface. USB is not a storage device unto itself, but rather another name for an industry standard that defines cables, connectors and communication protocols used in a bus for connection, communication and power-supply between computers and external peripherals.
Many computer users use a variant of the flash drive every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the variant of flash drive which is widely used today is often called a USB, and many of its users are not aware that it is the flash drive, developed by Trek Technology and IBM.
There really is a USB, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. USB is the receptacle: the connector in the system that accepts and embraces the plug of the male connector. The receptacle is an essential part of a USB system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete USB system. The female USB receptacle is normally used in combination with the male USB plug, such as on the flash drive: the whole system is basically the flash drive with the USB interface, or flash drive/USB interface. All the so-called USB distributions are really distributions of flash drive/USB interface!

zip diskette

My penguin drive

Personal data hoarding bisquette

this isn't the hacker name thread

Obsolete.

Storage dongle. Also known as what Apple will be selling in a few years if they continue to follow their current practices of turning everything into dongles.

This

A shitpost

an internal NVMe is a drive that uses flash memory, and therefore a flash drive

United Stick of Blobmerica

Breaks Easily

We just call them USB Sticks here in Germany. Why is this even a debate? Do other countries use different names?

Flash drive, USB drive or USB stick are all acceptable. Anything else is trash.

Yeah, just look at all the posts in this thread.

Flash drive

zip disquette*

computer information dildo

USB

Zip drive

C'est une clef USB, tout simplement. Il n'y a pas de débat.

fuck off smelly wine-taster

MFC
your mom fetid cunt

Wikipedia calls it a USB Flash Drive.

DingleBerry®™©

Memory Stick

Linux installer

solid cereal bus

>Cloud stick
kek

Kek.