>tfw forced to use spotify to discover new music at streaming quality
>tfw all my friends at school listen to nigger rap

what do?

stallman.org/spotify.html
Yes

The competition is no better, btw.

deezer.com/en/

its such a poorly coded piece of shitware Im amazed normies like it

So he's arguing that renting something is immoral.
RMS just gets more silly the more I read.

yes

Listen to anime music

>toggle dark theme
>go to different page on the domain
>dark theme disappears
Great job.

Now this is something I can agree with

yes, that does not stop me from using it, but yes it is.

Message boards, last.fm, bandcamp. This isn't rocket science. Also, "streaming" isn't a quality fucktard. Spotify even has different quality settings.

Is that Steve Jobs?

what player?

tlmc.eu/2015/06/tlmc-v18-20150630_89.html

>"Spotify Connect" sends what you're playing with the exact minute and second to synchronize it with your devices, draining your battery
The reason I went with local flac collections instead

Yeah gay. But its such a hassle finding flacs and converting ti opus

>forced to use spotify to discover new music at streaming quality
Last time i tried Spotify the catalog was absolute shit regarding anything that wasn't mainstream garbage, its virtually impossible to discover good music on that piece of shit

I just download full discographies of every artist I could think of
Haven't gotten any new music since forever, it's too much

That's the thing, I don't have access to PTG nor am I autistic enough to worry about ratios

>demo and official version of a 5/10 song
wew laddie

I don't have a PTG or worry about ratios either, public stuff is more than enough for almost everything.

But I don't hate streaming services, some things like suggestions and radio are great, I just made far too many bad experiences. Like suddenly deleting all downloaded music while I was outdoors, banned account for no reason and software bugs

you can still get a free pandora account. it has ads but its better than nothing

The Indians have got this one sorted.

I still wouldn't do that, though.
I need muh cleanness

Give me examples of some good music that you can't find on Spotify.

rateyourmusic

Almost the entire Lo-Fi genre

The majority of Pat Metheny albums

Doujin music

Shitloads of black metal isn't on Spotify. Tons of older music isn't on Spotify since independent labels aren't going to have the time for that.

Opus uses more battery life than Spotify

>decoding something from local storage uses more power than decoding something that's being streamed over a wireless network

vorbis is hardware accelerated and opus is not

your mom is vorbis, and I'm the hardware accelerator

Tell me why you don't use foobar2000?

That's why Vorbis is my codec of choice for mobile devices. Are there even any with hardware support for Opus?

get google play music instead and start listening to the radio stations that interest you.

I've found a bunch of new music this way.

This.

got tired of having to seek out new music on what/red.

There is good music, but you can't really discover it, you have to dig pretty deep in the Playlists

last.fm + Sup Forums archive

there's ways to start discovering underage cunt

Scrobble to Last.fm
Then see what who they suggest as your friends. Look at their playlists.

anime openings or good J-rock

exmilitary

Every toilet here is a pay toilet.

>what is deezloader

dir.xiph.org

Or just creating your own private playlist on youtube

I don't think normies care about the coding my comrade.

>same fagging this hard

I remember watching this video from vice I think, about this women that works at Spotify and gets payed to create playlists and discover "new" music

Let's go boys

I get Deezer for "free" from my mobile provider.

Incredibly it has obscure idol groups like Q'uelle.

do you know about Type O Negative ?

>post 2007 Sup Forums

you can get spotify and hulu for $5/m as a bundle if you're a college student

even standalone pricing it's worth or just use the free shit

the only music i download now is music not on spotify which is obscure shit or OST

he said "good music"

I discovered Ayreon, a project by Arjen Anthony Lucassen, through Last.fm.

I've never used anything else since.

Tool, but you won't find it on Apple
Music or Pandora either, Maynard won't use any streaming shit.

This is dumb as shit but I actually share the same philosophy. It's fucking stupid now that I've seen it put in words, though. LOL.

>Your genre sucks xD

>not wanting junkies and poor people shooting up/shitting all over your toilet is somehow bad

Dumb commie

You simply can't beat the convenience that Spotify offers.

At a whim I can play any of the 30 million+ songs and countless playlists. (caplets need not apply)

I'm never going to back to torrenting, organizing and transfering shit from my PC to my phone.

Why don't you free software fags come up with an open source alternative that does not involve dicking around with downloads and file transfers. I just want to type in a song/album and listen to it right then and there, while being able to save it for offline play.

Okay, but who is gonna pay for it?

Who pays the shitskin woman cleaning it? Who gets rid of the junkie who decided to sleep there during winter?

Stallman is delusional if he thinks he can conjure resources out of thin air.

>anime music
>genre
Get gassed

J-Metal, J-Rock, Black Metal and Lo-Fi aren't too?

>What is lolicore?

I have Spotify Premium. The quality is set to highest (premium only) and I can't perceive the difference between the same song on Spotify and a local FLAC file with my ATH-M50x.

>streaming cloud music
>is this a botnet guise
Why are normie imbeciles even on Sup Forums holy shit senpai

The client is slow as fuck these days
>still no lyrics a year after they were "temporarily" removed
>no stop after current song
Hate it

You can't imagine a life or a world without money, that's okay. If you really want to know what I think, I'd say, why does it need to be paid for in the first place? It can be maintained if there are provisions to do so, and basically anyone and everyone can do that. No need for money to enter the equation, even if money is needed to install it in the first place.

For some perspective, I view toilets in malls and hotels as public toilets, but those aren't ones that I need to pay for to use. Obviously those establishments are the ones footing the bill for me, but if they didn't, their place of business would simply be a huge building. And then my original point would stand in that the residents of that building as well as passers-by could and should be the ones taking care of maintenance.

Forgive me if you reply to this post and I don't reply to that because I haven't thought this through and I don't think it's important enough to talk any more about it that we already have.

Im listening to anime music quite a long time but I want to broaden my tastes. What is considered a "good" genre?
Preferably not Sup Forumscore

Retrowave