Why the fuck would you farm in a fucking desert with a water shortage?

Why the fuck would you farm in a fucking desert with a water shortage?

muh almonds

A well regulated farm, being necessary to the supply of a free market, the right of the people to build a farm in the fucking desert, shall not be infringed.

Yet we still produce the most fruits and vegetables that you lardass fly-overs never eat. Now go eat your deepfried butter, Billy Joe.

I live in Florida and all our produce is from California.

Because plants need sunlight and sunny climates have longer growing seasons. You can import soil (well, fertilizer) and water to sunny areas and make it great for agriculture.

Are you actually bragging about living in California

implying farming is the problem, not the population increase from millions of illegals

Did I trigger you Jimbo?

Because you can persuade farmers to vote for legislation that impoverishes them while enriching the folks that supply them and buys their produce

It was supposed to be a testament to man's triumph over nature... except we miscalculated and nature won in the end.

Looks like paradise. Anything east of that is mutant infested desert

refugees from the dustbowl

Lol, fucking Californians, I hope you smug niggers die. California is NOTHING without us, you guys literally have no water but have plenty of Mexicans. LOL

They've done it here. Graziers go really far inland, cut down all the trees and put cattle there. When it doesn't rain and all their cattle start starving they then demand handouts from the government.

I don't actually live in California, I just watched lots of documentaries on the dams and shit that made that valley somewhat fertile. I'm from the vastly superior east coast.

Lemme kick it 2 ya like this.

Awesome soil, hellacious sunlight year-round, lack of foresight, and insatiable greed.

The income produced by Central Valley agriculture is greater than the GNP of about 100 individual nations -- enough to support a second-world economy.

>Lol, fucking Californians, I hope you smug niggers die.

Such trigger. WOW.

Are you retarded

Sunshine

Fuck california. Those assholes can rot in hell. All the agricultural legislation this this country for the past 60 years has gone to that dumbass desert which is completely unsustainable. The midwest has the most fertile land in the western hemisphere and it's potential isn't nearly even close, especially with the WORLDS LARGEST SUPPLY OF FRESH WATER RIGHT NEXT TO US.

California should have been given to Mexico, fuck it, it should be a reservation.

Also florida can burn in hell, but it will be underwater in a few years so thats pretty cool. The lost city of Miami.

Sincerely,

Michigan

Chicanos

YOU ASSHOLES CAN HAVE CALIFORNIA

Chicano gib it back its the best US state btw

worst state btw

Chicano

no u

Success breeds jealousy indeed (^:

Chicanos

>tfw state regulations on guns

if only they were stronger :^)

you can learn so much about how fucking terrible california is by watching Falling Down

Chicano

So you guys are just joking eight because the central Valley was basically a massive watercourse, that's why the soils were and to some extent still are so fertile. Water has been diverted and soil reclaimed.

Chicano

that only applies to SoCal scum, we'd be fine if it wasn't for them

>Water has been diverted and soil reclaimed

Unnatural, unsustainable, ruins ecosystems and essential parts of watersheds thus is why you guys constantly ask for upgrades and handouts from the government because every 10 years your technology needs to continue to buttfuck the environment out there and put makeup on a pig

Chicano

No that's SoCal where all the okies moved to. We are fine San Joaquin north

You should drive down from Sacramento to LA, it's all dead land except for heavily over watered farms

The most egregious offenders are the rice farmers in the northern part of the valley. They have a guaranteed deal to sell rice to the government of Japan though so we can't do shit about them.

Nuts, beef, and dairy are all water hogs but the rice farming is just offensive.

California in the 1800s for comparison

san francisco is p nice tho

Rice is less intensive than beef, secondly paddy cultivation mimics the natural ecological conditions of the San Joaquin it's not dramatically wasteful. Thirdly paddy cultivation off season leaves prime stubble and forage for geese and not her migratory animals..

Fuck off SoCal faggot.

literally who are u

Because subsidies

That's a beautiful image

>water shortage
WHEN WILL THIS MEME DIE

we built a useless desalination plant and we CAN'T USE IT because there is already TOO MUCH WATER so it's just sitting there

Lefties are just letting their grass die and replacing it with rocks and sand because "haha I am saving the earth with my heroic negligence!"

This is created by shill environmentalists to shill there shitting "climate change" bullshit

>Already too much water
What do you mean? Too much water for whatever the local agency is? Too much water for that infrastructure? Too much water to maintain a certain price for water in general?

What's the full story?

>all these flyovers hating on Cali
Who would've thought :^)

>that small red circle south of fresno
what did they mean by this

like only 10% of water usage is from domestic use iirc

Hippies in my area stopped a bridge being built to "save the canyon!"

I went to this canyon and it's mostly blocked off for "habitat restoration". It's a dry shrub land

this has divided my neighborhood in half and created huge traffic jams every weekday

Hippies are the worst evil scum on the planet. Think twice before you shill someone's hippy bullshit for the sake of easy banter

If you can do it, why the hell not?

r u fuckign kidding mate

that's impossible, cameras didn't exist in the 1800s and there definitely weren't any in space yet

Why produce any meat based food at all?

You feed food to food so you can eat less food for more money?

I propose we only eat grass

>Yolo County

is that the i wanna fug that unicorn' unicorn?

also
>be californian
>get shot

ameripost

>be your mom
>get fucked by me

>this thread

max par

FUCK. YOURSELF.

But you need water to activate them.

>Cuckfornians have to beg Arizona for our sweet sweet water
build a dam now

>Wiping its ass with the 2nd
>Superiority

Farms create deserts my tubby amigo. Go educate yourself on soil erosion. Its some scary stuff.

Not in California

Arizonans don't have fucking water, they only have Chicanos

The California valley is not and never was a desert dumbass. the only part that was even desert was near mountains or in the extreme south.

No i am not a Californian I would never live in that shithole

Is desertification much of a problem?

The intensive use of water and the lack of crop-cycling is probably destroying the nutrients in the soil. Also, farmers tend to not realize that holistic grazing methods which keep herds moving actually improve water retention in soil.

Also, the government needs to stop subsidizing almonds in california. Seriously, you lack the water, switch to less water intensive crops. It takes like 20L or (20 gallons, can't remember) to produce a single almond.

Guys I have a plan
You need to build an aqueduct from Lake Superior to Nevada and submerge the entire state
This will result in more rainfall during summer months in California although the mountains will block some so you might have to use clean nukes to shave the mountains a bit

>California
>10 round mags
>bullet button

>cĂșcuta

why do you have ELN flags on you

>this has divided my neighborhood in half

was there a bridge before? Because if there was never a bridge I don't think they divided your neighborhood, your neighborhood was constructed divided

You should live in a less shitty place to be completely desu