AMD IS FIN

o wait

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0CcASJgOnds
youtube.com/watch?v=-iqLdo-hMw0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>being this mad you spent money on Vega.

>tfw fell for the 1080 meme
t-they can fix it will driver updates r-right?

>The ranking in Forza 7 is very unusual. Nvidia has confirmed to ComputerBase, however, that the results are correct, so there is no problem with the system in the editorial regarding GeForce.

>Nvidia literally doesn't give a shit and doesn't even try damage control
>literally "whatever lmao"
I wish I had balls that big

Why would they care? Even when they had objectively worse products, gaymers still prefered them.

>krautbase

>Being a fanboy of either company

You're such sad buyers remorse purchase justifying shitters it blows my fucking mind.

Buy AMD if that is better, buy Intel if that is better, buy Nvidia if that is better. (all for your specific use and budget)

I didn't know this was overclock.net or reddit.

Its not that the AMD card is doing well, its that the Nvidia card is barely being used. Have fun circlejerking over 1 game benchmark versus the 20 and virtually all others that any AMD card gets smoked by the 1080 Ti.

1 benchmark, versus everything else. That's desperate.

Except it's not just one game....
DIRT 4 too
some games releasing next month will use the FP16 of Vega....

When your vega is faster than the 1080ti, I would have already bought a 2080ti.

It's from Turn10, I trust them when it comes to "lets design for obnoxiously specific hardware" because they've been on consoles for ages and now Microsoft are forcing them to shill DX12 on PC.

Question is - random outlier, or prediction of future DX12 performance? This is one of the first DX12 games that's stated to be built for it from the ground up, not ported over from DX11.

???
Gear of war 4 is the 1st real DX12 game. youtube.com/watch?v=0CcASJgOnds

irony being this generation is literally level with real world performance

it really does not matter which gpu you buy in which bracket right now

>470/1050ti amd advantage
>480/1060 even
>56/1070 even
>64/1080 nvidia advantage

GTX 970 is trash tier these days jeezus

>Vega is only good at games nobody plays
HOLY SHIT THIS AND COVFEFE LAKE CONFIRM amd FOR DEAD. amd SHILLS ON SUICIDE WATCH.

youtube.com/watch?v=-iqLdo-hMw0

8K72FPS MY NIGGA

HD4000 series
I salute you ;_;7

>Fin
pretty sure they're gooks mate

Games sure look great these days.
Too bad the gameplay itself is still the same old stale shit it was 10 years ago.

>Except it's not just one game.... IT'S TWO GAMES WOOOOOOAAAHHHHHHH

>muh one good performing game

Never change shills

>wolfenstein
>far cry 5
>fm serra

then it's three games...

wew, volta is still a dx11 card. they won't even bother to implement asynchronous computing

it was r9 390 tier not long ago

>forza

I dont give a fuck.

you won't give a fuck for every other dx12 only games too i guess lol.

it was clocked so low at stock just to make the power consumption and heat numbers look good. tbf though the 390 it was competing with at the time was no faster than the stock 970. after some driver maturity the 390 got better but the 970 was still good if you bought an aftermarket OC one which i'd guess is what most people bought anyway.

pic related. this near stock 970 aged like shit but if you bought any decent aftermarket one like an msi gaming or evga sc it would probably be on par with that aftermarket 390. when overclocked they're the same.

The Vega is pureshit and you AMDFAYGOTS know it.

I will but it is not.

>being this salty about Vega
DAYUM

The 1080ti is the faster @4k thought

The only company making DX12 only games is Microsoft and the only thing they make now is Forza which I don't give 2 fucks about.

Why is the GTX 1070 so good?

DX12 is a trash can platform that's locked to Windows, that's why. With Vulkan, you're attached into platforms that would traditionally use OpenGL ES (muh mobul gamurs) and OpenCL as well, is more flexible, and still provides low level control, command batching, and threading.

Vega's hardware is still pretty incredible considering all they've really done is shrunk Fiji, bulked up the pipelines, subdivided the CU, added some extra L2 and added a few goodies like HBCC and IF, just a testament to how forward looking GCN was. Software seems like an afterthought though, very interested in what is happening in this particular game. I remember that MSAA was one of the major reasons Vega was being held back, perhaps it saturated its really small front end or chokes mem bandwidth, not sure.

Vega is hilariously different from Fiji.

>the only thing they make now is Forza
wrong

Son, not even intel is betting any chips on Coffee lake, given the fact they already announced ice lake.

The most important part of vulkan is being compatible with windows 7.

Why would they put a 1070 and a 1050ti there?

Every other card is from the same performance/price range and it clearly shows. But the aforementioned two are very obviously unrelated and only ruin what the chart is trying to show.

Funny thing is, this means nothing. Nvidia has literally every AAA game sponsorship for these upcoming games from assassins creed origins to shadow of war. Amd winning in these games really means nothing in the bigger picture.

>wolfenstein II
>far cry 5

They both have gameworks features though. Search it up.

>>wolfenstein II
>>far cry 5

>Forza 7+ Dirt 4= 3 games

they released a driver 3 days before amd

>NVIDIA DOESNT CARE

It should be. It has more memory and rops. Vega is bandwidth limited until primitive shaders are enabled.

What the fuck is going on with that MSI?

just wait for the 3rd game baka
and if it comes, wait for the 4th

I'm still salty about that. Pretty sure that's when all the new people came on board the PC as a hobby, around the year 2007. Why is 2007 such a turning point?

R600 was a dud.
Also marketing.
Good marketing.
Just look at Maxwell marketing campaign.

This looks like 30-35fps too me. I'm just downloading the video to see it frame by frame.

>wait

I was right. Sometimes I press even 3 times to change the frame.

well, that doesn't make it any less impressive, it should be choking to death on all those triangles since it's four times the amount of data compared to 4K

So it's like ~20-35fps(at least recorded).

I was shocked how well a pair of 290x cards in crossfire run F7 at 4K.

I've noticed that the real fps killer when going to higher resolution is upscaling alpha blended textures. Simple check - touch a wall, zoom in, and fire shotgun in q3.

>haha just be a power consumer turd just like me
this isn't "xbawks vs pstriple" user. this is freedom vs cancer.

so the capture on youtube is 30fps? damn, CROOKED AMD

It often was 4th frame that was different. Mostly second. I just had to check cause you know, 4k can lag on some hardware.

thank you for your input AMD IS FINISHED

>8K

Better not. It must stay in competition with intel and nvidia or you are fucked, unless you're a richfag and don't care. So I'm assuming green fanboys are rich fuckheads and red fanboys are poor pajeets and "jews".

>marginally beats 1080 Ti in 1 (one) game
Amazing. That can't be chalked up to a lack of driver optimizations for that specific game on nvidia's side at all.

NVidia launched goyready driver several days before launch.

I wonder what they really optimise for each game. Like some parameters? Methods? Would like to know specifically.

so this slides wwas no april fool just benchmarks with primitive shader turned on?

those forza 7 benchmarks don't have primitive shaders on, the game was only made entirely in DX12

they fill it with a bunch of useless triangles to choke AMD cards

but it's shader heavy like dirt 4 which avoids the memory bandwidth bottleneck?

There are no bandwith bottlenecks.
Just choking front-end.
But yes, just like most racing games it's shader heavy because of global illumination.

>one game literally a single one is created using the vega arhitecture and those 56 ore 64 cores
>it's a success
>Sup Forums be like
>OH MY GAWUUD I TOLD YOU VEGA WAS THE WINRAR ALL ALONG! LOOK AT THAT PATHETIC 1080 TI! I SPENT MORE THAN THE 1080 TI PRICE BUT IT's FINALLY PAYING OFF!!!!!!1111one

Aren't you a little pathetic?

I don't know the deal with this, the thing on dirt 4 as far as I know is that if you changed the AA to MSAA vegas performance would tank like ass, specially on 8X

Yeah...

Proof?

so forza 7 is showing unchoked performance?

He's joking.
Vega has weird MSAA behaviour.

No, it's simply an outlier.
You will see unchoked performance late October.

If oyu can get the RXV56 at unbundled price without the retailer jewing you then in terms of value for money it is a great GPU and will most likely get much better with driver optimizations. An equally good deal RIGHT NOW if you can get it around or below the same price is the GTX 1080. It all depends initial cost and how patient you are really.

So 1060 and 580 have pretty much the same performance, which one should I get?

The cheaper

Whatever is cheaper, really.

well, if the game is not overwhelming Vega with a lot of triangles there's a possibility that it's not choking and actually giving good performance, see how vega falls behind the 1080ti on 4k, could be it choking from triangles again
I don't know that much about gpus to say anything for sure though

The other 1080 ti's where not tested at 1080p, that was just a card that was.

haha yeah just joking, right
who would ever do such a thing

that's some juicy barrier

only the juiciest of barriers

How is AMD price-performance ratio today?, i haven't keep up with gpu news lately

Cheaper like others said, also I personally play a lot of old games so I favor Nvidia for OpenGL support.

Incompetent devs

pretty terrible because retailers sell vega 100$ above MSRP

It was a few years back but nvidia has already been caught paying companies to deoptimize games for amd cards

Because ATI drivers were a shitfest.
I gave away my old HD 5870 to a friend and now he gets random BSODs with atikmdag in the stack trace.

ouch, that 99% percentile