/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Mutherfuckin Hats Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

cmedia.com
stackoverflow.com/questions/13933944/rename-multiple-files-without-parentheses-remove-parentheses-windows
driverscape.com/manufacturers/samsung/laptops-desktops/305v4a-305v5a/226
google.no/search?q=Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller&ie=&oe=
tomsguide.com/answers/id-2782081/qualcomm-atheros-ar9485wb-wireless-network-adapter-working-fine-windows-upgraded.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I could not get Kodi working. What are some alternatives for watching a few Live teevee channels?

Does monitor arm model matter at all?

I imagine vesa mounts are all the same, unless that shit is chinese aluminum tier.

:stop hats:

looking to buy a laptop, where should I start? Looking for something in the budget range with minimum requirements for light gaming (like League). I've never bought a computer in my life so I'm pretty clueless with this

I understand gaming laptops are a no no even if I had the money, correct?

I'm looking for most silent/quiet 2.5" HDD solely used for storage to put on my XPS.
Any suggestions to which brand/model I should be looking into?

HOW do I use meme arrows and have black text still?? mongolian vowel separator no longer works!

>Embedded 5V to 3.3V Regulator for Single External 5V Operation
Does this means it outputs 5V or accept input?
cmedia.com
.tw/products/USB20_FULL_SPEED/HS100B

I have been trying to install arch Linux on my ThinkPad L440 but I cannot get it to display the Intel 7260 wifi chip as a device which prevents me from updating firmware etc and finishing the installation. Any tips?

Whats a good modern duplicate image search program? I've been using Anti-Twin forever but its last update was in 2011 and is slow as tar.
pic unrelated

What's the difference between a 2133Mhz to a 3200Mhz ram? If I buy a 2133Mhz ram can I overclock it to 3.2k later?

Its binned to run at 3200, thats the difference.

Chrome's suggeted addresses got fucked up somehow.
Previously I only needed to type the first letter of an frequently accessed website to get the suggestion and then pressed enter.
But now for some reason when I type the first leter it suggests sites I literally never use first and the frequent sites are at the bottom or don't even appear.
It's just a minor inconvenience really but it's so weird, how could I make it like it was before?

So, I'm on Win10 LTSB and despite the lack of Microsoft apps, I still get a "gamebar" process with the Xbox logo eating up a tiny amount of RAM (it doesn't actually work) and I can't disable it from anywhere (powershell commands and registry entries I've found online don't work)
Any way I can remove it? It's a minor nuisance, but I just want to get rid of it.

why do so many different text editors exist? How does things like atom, brackets or komodo make money, or even justify their project? were they made by students trying to learn and just decided to go with it till the end? is it just a resume enriching project for them? what am I missing here?

I want to rename several files in numerical order
I know renaming them all will get me "xnamehere (ynumber here)" but I just want the files to have numbers only
any way I can do this?

can you be more clear?

Some days ago my browsers stopped working. Or they are working buy are slow as fuck. They are not blocked by the Windows firewall, but something is throttling them.

Windows Edge Works just fine, so i Guess this is some shit done by M$. How the fuck can i get them to work again?

Firefox and Chrome BTW.

I think he meant this

stackoverflow.com/questions/13933944/rename-multiple-files-without-parentheses-remove-parentheses-windows

try removing hardware acceleration from settings

current version of Clover (2.3.1) doesn't bring up the keyboard the first time I load captcha (legacy), I have to press the submit button, get an error and then tap the input field again to bring up the keyboard. Anyone else having this problem? Using SwiftKey not sure if that matters..

Nope. didn't work. I've clearded the cach and done all the normal stuff. It's still like being on really slow internett.

SQL question:

So at work I kind of bullshitted my way into helping a manger with his database.
While I did take two courses on SQL in college, I don't have any real world experience. I know he said he's using Microsoft access as the front end, and somehow php is involved.

Any advice to make it seem like I kind of know what I'm doing?

My partition layout is pic related. I want to grow the home partition using the unallocated space, but I can't move the free space to the end of the disk because / and /home are mounted. Is there any way to do this without booting from a live CD?

Maybe do a pingtest? Or try opera, works for me just fine. Chrome would become slow for me too, tried a few different ones, a d finally enjoyed opera the most.

anyone know what I can use to turn lots of frames into a gif? giphy is really restrictive and making its resulting in super short and really slow gifs

>without booting from a live CD
No.

Honestly
it isnt worth the hassle for just 12gb

What would be the best way to run 50 feet of HDMI under the floor? Would connecting two 25 ft cables with an amplifier help to maintain the signal? Or is it better to just use one 50 foot cable?

nevermind, gifmakerme is pretty fucking great
thanks to anyone that was going to reply though

Dont cheap on the cable and you can use one cable.

You're very welcome.

Nothing wrong With the ping.

I need FF or Chrome cos of script i use and Tampermonkey. This shit is fucking fuck! Might as well do a clean install on this PC. FUCK MS!

/hats

in pavucontrol > input i have a monitor of my computer's sound, how do i use this as my mic on skype? i can record it in audacity so i know it's actually working.

Choose the monitor in your skype audio source

Go to settings and change the input? Just taking a wild guess.

Trying to make a java program (very introductory) that takes in inputs until the number entered is 0, where the loop then stops. However I can't seem to get the loop to ever stop, where am I going wrong?
while (sc.nextInt() != 0){
System.out.println("Please enter a positive or negative integer or 0 to quit: ");
if (sc.nextInt() > 0){
posNum++;
}
else if(sc.nextInt() < 0){
negNum++;
}
else{
break;
}
}

If(sc.nextInt() == 0)

???
Profit

For anyone else, I know there are a ton of javascript .gif editors where you just go to a website and it runs in your browser.

I mean if Quake 3 can run in your browser these days then why not everything else? :^)

for some reason it doesn't show up and i don't know how to make it

If I buy a new laptop preinstalled with windows 10, and replace the hardrive with the hardrive on the laptop I have now(ubuntu), is the hardware difference going to fuck with my OS?

**stop sound**

Please help. I just did a clean Windows install and can't find the Ethernet/Network drivers for the life of me. I've been searching for hours.

The Processor is an "AMD A8-3510MX APU with Radeon HD Graphics." The model is a Samsung "305V4A/305V5A" from 2011, and it's literally impossible to find such a thing on Samsung's site, or any drivers at all for that matter.

I got so desperate that I even tried installing some Intel Realtek drivers just to see if it'd work anyway. Of course it didn't, so now I've been sitting here literally all day trying to find one set of drivers.

Bump. Does anyone even reply to this shit?

I fucking hate this slow shit board.

I don't know how to Google this.
I'm looking for graphics cards to buy, and am selling mine soon too. Since mine is only a GTX 650, would it matter if I said I'd overclocked it? It's not been a major overclock (100 on core, 200 on mem), so I can't imagine the components on it have worn out much. Had this overclock for about 3-6 months.
Would that sort of overclock harm it at all? Would it be worth mentioning?
I understand that it can degrade the card and performance, but if I was buying a card, I've been in the mindset that I want to know the overclocking potential, just because I've pretty much had to overclock this card to get reasonable performance with it.

First on the list when you Google man.

driverscape.com/manufacturers/samsung/laptops-desktops/305v4a-305v5a/226

I'm trying to use Keras to build a model in which I input an simple image and it gives me a set of predicted data. I have many simple images and their own corresponsive xyz datasets.
What's the easiest way to train it?

I've tried that Driverscape site first and it seems to have whatever result you type into google and then makes you download their malicious software. I checked Wot and a lot of the reviews said the same.

Which distro will give me best battery life for a laptop. I literally just want to use a web browser on it

gentoo + lynx

With multiple monitors, is there a way to screenshot only the active monitor?

alt+prtScrn screenshots the current window rather than the monitor

It might pick up the hardware changes but i'm not sure, i don't use ubuntu. Sorry man.

Well at least they got the name on the drivers.

google.no/search?q=Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller&ie=&oe=

Unironically Thinkpad
Unironically SSD
>2017
>using meme arrows
As the other user said, the 3200MHz kit is binned to run that speed. There's no guarantee you could buy a 2133 and overclock it to 3200, but it's still possible.
Probably because there were some nitpicky issues that the developer's had with X editor, so they made Y editor. Probably similar to why there are so many browsers.
Was unironically going to suggest gifmarkerme, but good job finding it yourself, user. I unironically just use the built-in snibbing dool

Well, that's about the end of my knowledge.

Not possible.

>I unironically just use the built-in snibbing dool
I'm using that currently but it's slow as shit, and whereas screenshots are instant snipping tool pauses the display while you make your selection

I guess I could use a screenshot program+hotkey but I don't know of any that can be restricted to just one monitor

What do you call a device you can plug a hard drive into so you can access it like an external hard drive?

How do I install and use Gentoo?

Good thinking, user. I will try this.

untar stage 3 tarball and chroot

Did you get the Wireless drivers to work btw?

I found this about the subject: tomsguide.com/answers/id-2782081/qualcomm-atheros-ar9485wb-wireless-network-adapter-working-fine-windows-upgraded.html

External hdd enclosure case?

If you mean what I think, it's a SATA to USB, or USB to SATA.
Or you could get a SATA drive dock.
I disassembled an old external hard drive and use the adapter from there.

If you're on Windows, ShareX does this.

how do i get a gf?

My parents still buy me nice birthday gifts

What should I be looking at? Something in the range of $500 or so

Already have fine laptop, phone that I like.
In college, so I don't really use a desktop because of college apartment life -- need the desk space for studying

I'm torn between an iPad Pro and a Nintendo Switch

Just go into a waifu thread and claim one.

install gentoo

Yeah, that's it, thanks user.

>Buy a xlr mic + audio board + headphones
>Buy The ipad you mentioned
>Buy a nice holiday for your parents

>$500 birthday gifts from parents

My problem is that I can't find a 3200 ram compatible with the b350 boards I'm planning to buy, but I find lots of 2133. Even the 3200 ones struggles to run that speed with these boards. So i was wondering if I buy a 2133 I would be able to overclock it on 3k at least.

>t. not loved by his parents

I live in Canada, and about a month or so ago I got a notice of copyright infringement for torrenting a show. Has enough time passed they won't get angry at me if I torrent stuff that isn't from the content creator that got angry at me?

I bought a 2400MHz kit, overclocked it to 2666MHz, lowered the timings, and that's about all I'm going to do for now.
As I said, you can definitely just get a basic kit and hope for muh speeds, but it's not that relevant.
Maybe look for a 2666/2800 kit and see if you can clock it to 3K?

Better get yourself an vpn boiii

>first worlders get warning for torrenting
o i am laffin

If I get a vpn will I encounter any other problems?

Well depends. You already recieved a copyright infringement. Did they specify anything about how much money they wanted from you? If not, get an (paid) vpn, but do your research first. Routers are not very prone to dealing with encrypting and your vpn's download speed may suffer. I think most people use a NAS.

how the fuck do I remove the party hats
they;re giving me a headache when i scroll

using ublock origin
its way tough to get the element. i found it in the page elements

I bought a USB Type C to HDMI cable, and I can't get it working. I assumed it would basically be plug and play screen mirroring, but I'm getting no signal. Help me pls

Thanks, giving it a try. Exactly what I was hoping for from what I can tell

filter boards.Sup Forums.org##.party-hat

How do I disable telemetry in Office 2013/2016?

FUN KILLER

I've got like 100 1280x720 images that I need to crop to 666x720
is there a way to do this for all at once or will I have to do it all manually?

ty senpai

yep fuck hats i've had to sit through it for a decade, just moved from adblock to ublock

also im looking to crop this by cutting off the left side

Is there a Thinkpad equivalent of cars?

imagemagic convert

5 year old Honda civic (standard)

It was essentially just a warning that they know I'm doing that, I still need to read into the specifics

Using Wireshark makes it easy to follow HTTP requests and responses. If I send a post on Sup Forums, it tells me what the http request looks like, it's pretty neat.
But let's say I log into Skype, and open up the user directory and type in a name, and press search. Obviously, I am not sending an HTTP request, but rather some kind of TCP or UDP data is being sent. It shows up in Wireshark, but i cannot interpret that because it's gibberish.
How do i decode this into something meaningful?

What is a good source to learn Spring Boot that is not pajeet tier. Preferably with Git repos of actual working projects and stuff that one can use for reference.

For a framework that is as widely used, there is barely anything on spring around and most of it is horribly outdated since they overhauled the thing a few years back.

Nah. Maybe in reliability and price alone but I'd disagree when it comes to exterior build quality. I'd say a 5.7L Chevy/GMC K pick-up truck ('96-'99).

Is life just a Botnet?

I have a 400 MBit connection but the Wlan in my laptop only gets 50MBit at most (if I connect via cable the full 400MBit are there so its on the wirless).

What stick should I buy to get the full 400MBit via Wlan

Why are there hats?

how do I now crop everything at once? do I need them all to line up and perfectly overlap, because I cant seem to be able to do that properly
I'm really bad at this stuff, sorry

photoshop batch process