Best distro that isn't ubuntu?

which is a good and stable distro that isn't ubuntu and uses KDE?

fucking fed up of antergos breaking down

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Fedora-KDE-SIG-Loss
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Tumbleweed-Ubuntu-KDE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OpenSUSE Tumbleweed.
OpenSUSE Leap if you want very stable.

Gentoo

oh wait this is a hard one.....hmmmmm

OOHHH yeaa arch

/thread
OpenSUSE is a great distro with nice tools ad the best installer in Linux distros.

Don't even consider Fedora, it's shit.

Fedora

Cinnamon Mint.
It's like a good ubuntu.

>uses KDE
>stable
The only stable DE is Xfce.

> Ubuntu
> Botnet
Haha, good one. Are we pretending it's 2012 again?

Fedora

KDE neon (Ubuntu based)
Manjaro KDE (Arch based)
Arch
Gentoo
openSUSE
Mint (Ubuntu or Debian)

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Fedora-KDE-SIG-Loss

Fedora's KDE is know for being badly packaged as is Ubuntu's. KDE NEON wasn't created for nothing.

KDE Neon is NOT stable. Don't recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to be an alpha tester of KDE, which will crash every week.

>KDE
>Using anything other than XFCE and GNOME.

It has User and a Developer versions now with the former using the last stable release. Sure it was made for testers, but I found it better than Kubuntu with PPAs

>using Fedora at all
>being a cuck to RH
>using a DE whose development is comatose that's XFCE
>GNOME
>once again, GNOME

At the very least use a decent distro with LXDE, Cinnamon or any other shit that's not GNOME 3.

Fedora. It's a lot worse than anything Ubuntu based, though.
Stop shilling for this piece of shit. We have Lunduke for that.

If OP want's a KDE experience, go with the distro that better implements it, openSUSE.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Tumbleweed-Ubuntu-KDE

OpenSUSE

>use Linux to escape the botnet
>Ubuntu is a botnet

God forbit i use a Distro that works incredibly well and a desktop environment i preffer.
I don't understand why people dislike GNOME so much. Also XFCE works fine and LXDE is good, but there's no point in using it on newer computers.

Gnome 3 is a turd

Out of the main distros for beginners and general users, openSUSE is the only that offer decent implementations of all of its spins together with a sane repos system.

The true meme distro is Fedora and it's shitty story of delays so RH can test shit better for RHEL.

OP wants a distro with a good KDE experience, and that's clearly not Fedora. You are more than free to use whatever you like and I do believe Gnome has some great features, but it has nothing to do with this thread at all.

Manjaro Cinnamon

I'm talking about the user version. I haven't even tried the tester version.

>"X is good"
>"X is better than ____"
>"Y is a turd"
>"Y is a piece of shit"
>"Y is unstable"
>"X is stable"
You might as well just say "I tried it for 3 hours and it broke/didn't break/I thought it was confusing/the default background was pretty", because you sound like an ignorant uninformed fanboi when you spout shit like this

Are we talking for laptops? Desktops? Old hardware? New hardware? Facebook machine? Ricing?

How long do you want support? What devices are you supporting?

To what extent are you going to change the desktop environment or make significant changes?

Do you have any ideological hangups? (yes, you do. If you're installing Linux you have hangups. The answer is not "no")

>install opensuse with lmv
>it doesnt boot
>every single time
its shit

Personally I would just go for Manjaro... Other than that maybe something in the redhat sphere like Fedora or CentOS.

gnome is shit, it rather use terminal

>Arch

isn't antergos just an Arch re-fry? I'm already having problems with antergos
it's more a thing about familiarity, I'm familiar with KDE, but I would be willing to try anything new if it's more stable

I just want something to do my average PC user things, plus programming and such

Try i3 gaps it's great you just gotta get used to it

me too

Fedora KDE.

Correct

>Out of the main distros for beginners and general users
It's a dumpster fire. openSUSE is very unflexible and unpolished system. Also all their "innovations" except openQA are complete joke. Fedora is also not great (there are few broken essential packages) but it's still the second after Ubuntu-based distros.

Devuan

fuggg I want one :DD

CentOS

It's commonly used in enterprise in production environments.

(You can install KDE)

Kubuntu

How is Ubuntu botnetware?

Plasma +Fedora best combo

And here's that blur stuff that the kids like these days

I use Debian + Mate and it's pretty comfy. The default mate programs are bretty good and since Ubuntu has so much support, it's easy to get things running on Debian too (drivers, gaymen if you're into that, etc). I usually keep my apt to pull from testing to maintain a balance between stable and having the newest software.

I tried a lot of distributions and it's really just about what feels nice to you, and what need you have for your operating system.

Very nice friends.

Ubuntu-MATE.

>testing being anything close to new

Solus. Most just werk distro there is.

Debian

Arch is fine. Update packages every Friday night. Just make sure to check the news page before you do. If something does go bad, you have the whole weekend to fix it/wait for a patch.

Otherwise, just get Debian and only install the standard system utilities. You can then build your system however you'd like it from that point on.

>install openSUSE in virtual machine
>it doesn't actually boot, just gets perpetually stuck in bootup forever

I would not recommend openSUSE

what a great way to spend your weekend, fixing broken xorg...

fuck that just install gentoo and have a stable system

>use linux to avoid botnet
>every web browser is a botnet
I want out

open up wireshark on on ubuntu. Silence. Not a single packet transmitted unless you request something. Except maybe the occasional NTP time sync.

Now open wireshark on windows 10. hudreds if not thousands of packets transmitted to microsoft per second.

Okay but that's just stock windows right? how about ltsb, with all the registry hacks to disable the telemetry and cortana and even peerblock to block all connections to microsoft surely that'...... HUNDREDS of packets to microsoft per second.

The only "botnet" in ubuntu is it has search suggestions which can be easily turned off.

Pick linux mint.
There is KDE version

I've updated like this for 7 months and haven't had to fix anything yet.

He's like, the last person who needs to worry about having sex, ever. This is as sad as the ugly fat women who protest about sexual harrassment.

>he's ugly therefore his point is invalid

The only thing that's sad here is your intellectual inferiority.

I see, you made it sound like every weekend you were fixing arch. :^)

I've used arch before but muh stability

that terminal font is p ugly desu

PCLinuxOS?

Nsa helped develop it

I love Ubuuntu. Does everything I need. Works on my old, unimpressive laptop. Great features.

In what way is ubuntu botnet?

Slackware.

>install Leap and Tumbleweed in VM's, they open with no issues
>install Leap and Tumbleweed on laptop proper, no problems with either
pebcak

Kaos OS. 100% KDE based distro. Fast, easy and stable.

The best Unix distro would be Hackintosh. By installing Mac OS X on your computer you will get a Unix operating system with a very pleasant user interface in addition to being able to run the top professional tools such as Photoshop, Premiere Pro, AutoCAD and so on

Manjaro

that's illegal tho

Antergos. It's the Ubuntu to Arch's Debian.

Violating EULA doesn't have to be illegal, this depends on the jurisdiction.

If you build and sell Hackintoshes then you negatively impact Apples revenues and thus it is then illegal

I've had antergos for over 2 weeks. I run i3 over it. I have transparency for terminals as well as for rofi...
I'm not saying i riced it, but i touched it up a bit and there are no signs of breakage.

Just what are you doing with your system?

Slackware

how well is kde supported for OSX?

>Using DE
Retarded

not a lot actually, I'm don't touched it a lot beyond some basic things plus the updates

right now for example, I'm suffering from random freezes that I have to force restart my laptop and while I'm developing its fucking bad if I haven't saved, I lost a chunk of code the other day due to that

I just want something that is advanced enough and just werks

I mean, I like antergos or at least stopped my distro jumping and it worked fine for a couple months but lately jeez, so fucking annoying

Just use Ubuntu. Don't kid yourself with distrobutions.

But that fucking systemd.

Man, even the Linus braniac can't seem to figure out that the main guy behind it is an undercover alphabet worker.

Debian obviously.

what theme is this?

>calls BSD linux
???????

Faggot doesn't post hardware details or anything he/she/it did beyond attempting to install go die you are too stupid to use a computer.

Stick with Windows. You deserve it.

>>testing being anything close to new

New isn't desirable for functional reasons. If you want to get shit done, install stable then run anything else in a VM. Stupid noob.

He said unix you retard