PUBLIC TRACKER CUCKS - WHEN WILL THEY LEARN?

>click magnet...no seeders. Not even the one that sends you the torrent file
>leave torrent client running for over a year in case somebody finally seeds what you want but it's never seeded.
>you're the only seeder of a torrent that at least some people want and you watch as people download from you, your ratio going into the 10s and 100s but nobody ever seeds with you and you realize you are just an unpaid webserver for pajeets
>your favorite torrent site goes down and you cry about it on Sup Forums because you don't know where else to go and your autism doesn't let you use alternatives
>when a new TV show comes out you have to wait a really long time because the leecher to seeder ratio is too high for a long time and you end up waiting hours to see that new episode
>when the seeder disconnected from the swarm leaving 20 people with 78.1% of the file and none of you can watch shit and you still have to seed for people who enter the swarm.
>when your ISP sends you letters for that stupid new capeshit movie and you get scared if you live alone or your mommy yells at you if you still live with parents
>when torrent trackers go down and you have to use DHT to get your torrent
>when you actually contemplate becoming a paycuck and getting a VPN because you actually think you might go to jail for downloading some stupid capeshit movie
>when you have to use qBittorrent's shitty search engine to find stuff because you don't even know what torrent sites people use anymore
>when you can't something on public trackers at all because it's only been uploaded to private trackers and nobody will ever re-upload it to public trackers and you end up not watching it or buying it and of course never uploading it to public trackers yourself because you're a pussy who thinks you will get caught for uploading a indie art film
>when you realize public torrents depend on lazy retards like you and you actually consider using DDL or paying for a usenet account instead of waiting for seeders

Sad!

did not read except for first line. I always have seeders on public trackers

>I always have seeders on public trackers

yeah, for your capeshit

Okay user. I hear you, but how can we remedy this situation? How can I LEARN?

/ptg/ is the solution. Learn from them.

Exactly my thought.

My friend actually bought a usenet account after all this lmfao

[spoiler] but he shared it with me so I don't do much on my private tracker anymore [/spoiler]

What is using usenet like? I've never had any experience with it.

T H E P I R A T E B A Y

>when you can't something on public trackers
Seems like a pretty strange statement.

On topic, no one likes a dirty thief, even if it is for fictional media. Who wants to steal lies? Morans, that's who.

Public trackers just seem like a sekrit club desu.

The best selling point of a private trackers sounds like how they clamp down on leechers and require you to maintain a ratio. Except I've never noticed a torrent being full of leechers and slow because of it. Am I just lucky?

Public trackers justwerk idk mang

Its just downloading files from servers meant to host other content. Its fast but has issues like DMCA takedowns unless you get an obfuscated indexer.

Such ignorance. Private trackers are used because the users are more serious about archiving content. If you only download capeshit, this won't matter to you, but if you actually want rare content archived for you by a friendly community, you need at least one good private tracker.

Why can't they "be serious about archiving content" on a public tracker? I mean, if they're so evangelical, why cloister?

>Why can't they "be serious about archiving content" on a public tracker?

Because it's the honor system. Nobody honors it. They download and stop seeding. No consequences. No files for you.

>My friend actually bought a usenet account after all this lmfao

sad

So is the idea that if one person is seeding a torrent and a new person comes along and downloads it, under a private tracker system there is a handoff and the person who was seeding at the beginning can trust the person who downloaded from him to take his place (assuming the original seeder wants to stop stop seeding it)?

I don't give a shit, if my vidya has public seeders, I'll use it

Usenet sucks. It's no better then mega shraign which you can do for free. It isn't like it use to be.Stuff gets taken down very quickly.

No. Everybody just works together to seed. On good private trackers, the person who is the sole seeder gets the most bonus points, which can be traded for upload credit. Unlike public trackers, you get an incentive to seed.

>you get an incentive to seed
Sharing and keeping pieces of history alive should be enough of an incentive.
>mfw over 100 ratio on an NGE torrent

>Sharing and keeping pieces of history alive should be enough of an incentive.

You sound like a dumb liberal. Most people are not this honorable.

>We're so honorable, we FORCE ourselves to seed shit and engage in drama while we hide our SEKRIT CONTENT on our private trackers
You're almost as bad as the RIAA/MPAA.

Private tracker users are much better torrenters than you.

Definitely more elitist.

You're completely incompetent.

both of you probably watch capeshit and have to turn your torrent client off at night because of poverty.

>my tastes are better than yours
>you are poor
Sounds like I was right What do you even mean by capeshit? Superhero stuff? That's an oddly specific accusation.

Capeshit is exclusively talking about superhero stuff, usually movies about superheroes which tend to be shit.

never had a problem grabbing tv/movies or even games from something as simple as tpb, and even if it's not on there then I'll just go without or buy it in the case of a game

>there's actually people on Sup Forums who want to see tonight's new Curb Your Enthusiasm but they can't because HBO will send them a scary letter

wait, there are new Curb Your Enthusiasm episodes coming out??

yes. we on private trackers have already downloaded the Amazon rip.

>want to be in a private tracker
>dont have a seedbox to keep ratio maintained
rip
i guess in the mean time ill just leech anime from toshokan

is there a better anime pub tracker?

Nothing to do with honor. It's actual satisfying bringing a dead torrent back to life. There was this sweet vintage magazine collection that had some really rare stuff. The only guy left to seed had really slow upload speed. It took two months too download. I look at it now and it has 15 seeds. It feels good.

>Get on some Private Tracker
>"Sweet"
>Download something I want
>"Oh wait, maybe that torrent isn't popular. I want to make sure my ratio is good...what's something good to download?"
>That new Alien movie just came out
>I give zero shits about it but it's popular and new
>See a lot of activity on it
>"Oh, okay, I'll just download that and I let people leech it"
>Download it, it's like 20GB
>Fucking nobody wants to leech off me
>Torrent is dead shortly after I fucking download it
>Get blacklsted from the site because my ratio got fucked

Gee, what a wonderful system. How about you just determine whether or not I deleted the torrent after downloading it by monitoring if it's still at least a little active on my end as a better indicator of whether I'm going to pump and dump?

you don't need a seedbox.

I don't have a seedbox and I'm on 20 different private trackers.

>Get blacklsted from the site because my ratio got fucked
>Gee, what a wonderful system.
Kek

Do ISPs not nail you if you use a private tracker?

Sounds like Torrentleech. It's basically a scam to get you to donate. The vast majority of trackers have "free" torrents that don't count towards uploads and free days where you can download whatever you want.

You don't need a seedbox after a couple months of having one. I've got like 8tbs of upload on all my trackers from my seedbox. I don't stop it because my isp basically fucks torrent traffic even if you use a vpn. I couldn't tell you why. So it's easier to use a seedbox and download stuff directly.

amazon rip is already on rarbg

Nope. Not in my 5 years of using them. Why do you think we have a /ptg/ thread that has been around for 2 years?

So how does that work then? The people running the pt can sniff out when there's a honeypot?

except HBO is now tracking those so public cucks will get a letter in the next 24 hours.

>The people running the pt can sniff out when there's a honeypot?

Uh what. They just secure the tracker as best they can. Public trackers are wide open. They go after the easiest people to monitor, not the ones where 1/3 of the users have seedboxes and are behind a secure environment where a couple dozen people can just ban you if you do something shady.

>get a private tracker
>aren't allowed to download anything unless you upload something extremely obscure that doesn't even exist
Wow, rly makes u tink

>aren't allowed to download anything unless you upload something extremely obscure that doesn't even exist

Every user can download as soon as they get the account.

Only 40% of users actually upload to private trackers and almost all of those people just upload 1 thing.

I have never uploaded a single torrent and I'm part of like a dozen private trackers.

never got a letter and I seed those torrents for weeks

Same here. 5 private trackers and never uploaded anything.

I can understand a private tracker for western shit and games, but what would you need an anime private tracker for? Never once have I had issues getting what I wanted from a pub tracker, and the few times I did it was something so obscure that none of the private trackers had it either.

>torrents
lmao
taking more than one click is a waste of your time

Well that's just weebs being autistic.

public trackers, muh man, they just werk

Until they don't.

>taking more than one click is a waste of your time

terrible logic

Which scam tracker did you join?

>Paying to pirate

you don't have to pay anything if you use private trackers

>Usenet sucks

only if you don't know how to use it

>has to seed
who here is a cuck?
>paying for a usenet account
no i just utilize trials

>when none of this shit happens to me and i download vidya and nepalese depictions of reality on nyaa and tpb

>private tracker cucks are cucked into seeding when public tracker users just download what they want and then leave
>private tracker cucks actually think the public tracker users are the ones cucked

>i just utilize trials

that's even bigger cucking than seeding

>public tracker users just download what they want and then leave

You forgot the part where they find no seeds for the file they want.

no

what does this even mean?

OKAY GIVE ME A PRIVATE TRACKER THAT I CAN GET INTO WITHOUT SACRIFICING A VIRGIN AND SELLING MY SOUL TO SATAN. I JUST WATCH MOVIES AND TV SHOWS

This has never happened to me and I've been torrenting for 7 years. Sure there will be that one show that's not on piratebay never have I found anything without at least one seeder

IPT. It's a scam tracker that pretends its not a business but it is easy to join and easy to survive on. Ask for an invite on /ptg/.

>never have I found anything without at least one seeder

you probably only watch popular shit.

I was going to try getting on what.cd to get some music I couldn't torrent on other sites. Aaaand... it got shut down... I don't torrent that much otherwise so, public trackers are fine with me.

I never needed something that wasn't available on public trackers anime or otherwise.

I'm still waiting for the day when I actually have to ask someone on /ptg/ to grab a torrent for me from one of their sekrit pirate clubs.

And those who get letters because copyright agencies saw their IP address on a torrent deserve to be cucked. Get a seedbox you fucktards

what.cd was replaced by redacted.

Anyone ever remember librarypirate.me?
I know it got shutdown QUICK. But man that shit was amazing, it specifically for College books... Anyone know any sites that are specific to that niche?

Libgen?

>rare shit

Kind of defeats the purpouse of torrenting.

The more popular, the more seeds, the faster it downloads. Peer to peer is not meant to work in secreet klub 5 seeders 1 leech scenarios.

I wonder what kind of super obscure movies you guys watch, I know a couple of cinephiles and they don't even pirate

>I never needed
BakaBT is private now, you were lucky but wouldn't be able to redo your collection at this point in time.

>Peer to peer is not meant to work in secreet klub 5 seeders 1 leech scenarios.

Speed has nothing to do with sharing as long as data is actually shared.

>I wonder what kind of super obscure movies you guys watch,

I personally watch mostly horror, documentaries and indie films that are only uploaded on private trackers. I've only seen like 25% of them make their way to public trackers.

good joke.
it isn't how the hell did you get that retarded idea?
and in this whole "scene" there is nothing where you get more cucked than with torrents where you have to seed.
wanna know why?
I don't have to waste my bandwith on forced seeding, or for that matter there is nothing forced when using trials.

This is why it works on a small community basis. There's agreed upon social contracts that are incentivized by a shared goal and reward. Plus people are socially motivated anyway so it's comfy. Far from muh liberal. More like libertarian heaven in action, dumb faggot

>it isn't how the hell did you get that retarded idea?

With trials, you have to keep entering your credit card info and then canceling before the period is over. You have to do this for every trial. Fuck that. That's way more work than me just leaving my torrent box on.

>I don't have to waste my bandwith on forced seeding

What does this even mean? I paid my internet bill. I'm not paying extra for people to download from me. No matter where I upload to, whether its sending files to friends, putting files on cloud shit or seeding to private tracker bros, its all the same shit. There's no waste at all. It's limitless and doesn't bother me at all.

The point is that it doesn't work on public trackers because it's a typical tragery of the commons scenario. Also, libertarians are just liberals who blame the government instead of blaming corporations. If you had any balls, you'd blame both.

Speaking personally. I do.

I'm socially liberally but a pragmatist so I wouldn't wed myself to an ideology or some wedge issue. But yeah I don't disagree that it's not viable on a wide scale.

how the shit do i enable automatic torrent management for qbittorrent-nox on linux, there's no setting for it in the webui. I'm running it on a headless machine

*tragedy

no idea how I typed that.

>With trials, you have to keep entering your credit card info and then canceling before the period is over.
ok if that were the universal case then i would agree, it isn't though so you are wrong
websites like hitnews require no such thing which is why it's possible to get infinite free accounts.
>What does this even mean?
the word that is important is forced
if you don't seed then the private trackers will throw you out.
and consider the following, people do more than just seeding with their upstream so if i am forced to seed i am unable to use that bandwidth for other things like sending files to friends.
but yes sure if the bandwidth doesn't bother you then that's fine.
it doesn't change my main point

> >click magnet...no seeders. Not even the one that sends you the torrent file
Stale pasta. You are a bad person and you should feel bad.

>websites like hitnews require no such thing which is why it's possible to get infinite free accounts.

3 day trial? And don't you have to make a new email each time? Fuck that. Seriously. That's way more work than me just leaving my home torrent box on.

>if you don't seed then the private trackers will throw you out.

So what? My upload on all these trackers is in the terabytes. Seeding is nothing to somebody who already leaves their PC on and I don't even leave my PC on. I leave my ARM-based NAS on 24/7 which is the point of a NAS.

>people do more than just seeding with their upstream so if i am forced to seed i am unable to use that bandwidth for other things like sending files to friends.

Consider this. I'm not always being downloaded from. When I am, I can just pause my client and do the occasional file transfer, which is much rarer than somebody actually downloading a torrent from me. It's quite simple to manage your bandwidth anyway. It never impedes normal browsing and with QOS you can just prioritize bandwidth automagically.

Jokes on you, I have a BakaBT, and numerous times I needed something that wasn't available there. Now that they are private I visit that site even less. There is just no need. Also, I don't agree with a lot of things that site does such as admins not allowing the latest versions of several clients right away (like qBt) and the seemingly arbitrary blacklist.

>I have a BakaBT

ewww

That's because you have no taste.
.t anime connoisseur

Keep telling yourself that kiddo

I don't care about movies/tv/music, I can get anime from Nyaa and I buy video games. The one thing that fucking sucks is western cartoons. Right now I just look for MEGA links shared in Sup Forums for new episodes before they get removed. What private tracker is good for old and recent cartoons, and how do I get an invite? Unfortunately my current upload speed is kind of shit, but I have no problem seeding forever.

cock.li literally 1 minute for a free mail, also hitnews is one of many providers.
>So what? My upload on all these trackers is in the terabytes.
i guess this is a thing we have to agree to disagree.
this is not something that i find acceptable but you seem to find it ok it's just as with cucks most people wouldn't want to watch their wife get fucked by someone else, but there is always someone who likes it.

>cock.li literally 1 minute for a free mail

still more work than leaving my torrent client on

fuck having to make 2 accounts every 3 days

he looks adventurous